ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
This is getting to sound like a stuck record, but, it's toooo darn cold to go out in the trainroom again. Was supposed to start out at 45* & it was 30*. Sunny South Florida has switched the ends of the earth w/the north pole. Was supposed to be in the high 60's & it's in the mid 40's. Nice sunny day in the sun, cold in the wind. Supposed to be in the low 80's by Friday, then thunderstorms sat. & sun. & then cold monday again.
Never going to work on my layout again till ?? Boo-Hoo
__________________
Larry C.
HA HA HA !!! its a balmy 85 here in WV larry!!!!! Not!!!! welcome to the real winterworld

You all have had it to good for too long down there!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Think about that ! 10,000 comedians out of work and i`m trying to be funny!!




HA HA HA !!! its a balmy 85 here in WV larry!!!!! Not!!!! welcome to the real winterworld

You all have had it to good for too long down there!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Think about that ! 10,000 comedians out of work and i`m trying to be funny!!




[/QUOTE]
Remember, I worked there in WV in 1988 in the winter. I remember how deep the snow was in Charleston & I was driving an extended Dodge Van.
Its just funny to me to hear you talking about how cold it is down there .
It just aint right is it? global warming HAH!

Its just funny to me to hear you talking about how cold it is down there .
It just aint right is it? global warming HAH!
10 years ago this cold wouldn't have bothered me, but as you get older your bones notice it more. I knew someone would come up w/their cold state & xtra low temps. Hope we don't have to go thru this every winter. Did you say something about global Warming. Ain't.

you know whats really funny and dedicated i have a 10 by 20 space that i am using for my workshop down in the basment. i am planning on moving my workshop to a different spot in the basement that is less then half the size so i can build my layout in the bigger space
oh ... I know what you mean about the cold in your bones thing .I`m likr you ten years ago i`d be running around in shorts in this crap but now its like turn the heat up and i cant wait for summer! The global warmimg crack was sarcasm ... Those people dont have a clue!!!

Well, a buddy came over to help me run a bunch of trains while I was cleaning wheels on my test track. I spent almost 3 hrs. cleaning 60 diesel engines. Then I ran about half of them around the layout to check the wheel cleaning. Still need to clean some more.
I do this about every 3 months wheather they need it or not. used about 12 large clean wipes to do what I did today on both sides.
Also, got some stuff in the mail that I got in bids on Ebay & a box of stuff from Micro-Mark. I'll take pics tomorrow of my goodies. Also, built that water tower out of the round coke bottle today. Beautiful day today. 70* & lots of sun. No jacket. Lite wind. Perfect day for running trains.
I spend my afternoon working on a new building for my layout, not a bad temp down there. about 65 or so.
wel now that i am home from work and my big boy that i bought on ebay has arrived i am fixing it i never knew it had so many moving parts it is a real challenge to work on
Got a lot of work done today. Got up to 78* after a morning low of 42*. Got out in the trainroom around 10am. Finished up my second B unit. Ran the new 2-6-6-2 logger for about 30 minutes. That's really a nice engine. has plenty of pulling power. Got the drop center flat w/wide tank in today. Will work on that tomorrow to put on Kadee's & add a lot of weight & add metal wheels. Also, worked on the new Athearn SW1500 that I got off Ebay. Changed the couplers, cleaned the wheels, fixed a broken handrail & started putting in LED headlites. Not much else going on today.
Got up to 82* today, so got a lot done in the train room. Soldered track together in some problem area's. Took about 2 hrs. for that. Then started mapping out area's that need mechanical controls for switches. Will start that project tomorrow. Built a rolling half bench that I can almost lay down to attach cables to bottom of train tables.
This project will take up most of my 8hr. day tomorrow. Supposed to rain all day. Perfect day for sleeping under tables between hooking up switches. have about 30 to deal with.
There you go, Larry. Get one of those nice foam mattresses and a pillow to lay down on. Might as well be comfortable while nap..err...installing switch wiring.
started my benchwork today but it has not legs yet so it is lap work. came to realization i am a slow learner but great at hand ons
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)