D8 Bulldozer

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


zoegraf

Craftsman at heart
I'm in the midst of tearing down my layout, but not yet the quarry; I just had to take a few more shots to show off what I treated myself to - my new dozer. I can't wait to weather and detail it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking Cat, what manuf? It's going to look good weatherd!
Are you rebuilding the layout or starting over?
 


Nice looking Cat, what manuf? It's going to look good weatherd!
Are you rebuilding the layout or starting over?

It's an Ajin made out of pewter.

Starting over - new city, new life. Hopefully will start designing/building new layout in the new year.

I'm going to build a branchline in the boonies. The real challenge will be to have it look like two different eras so I can run trains of 1956 and 1974. The structures shouldn't be a problem since the area I will be modelling didn't look much different in 56 and 74, but details will be a challenge; probably will make them removable. I will have a staging area for trains of both eras and will run the want I want according to my mood.
 
Hi Peter

Looking great! Nicely done. Glad you are recycling parts of your layout
Excellent that you will be building a new layout. can't wait to see your progress.

It's a new beginning for your layout.

Cheers

Syl
 
Hi Peter

Looking great! Nicely done. Glad you are recycling parts of your layout
Excellent that you will be building a new layout. can't wait to see your progress.

It's a new beginning for your layout.

Cheers

Syl

Thanks Syl.

I just finished taking out two section that I will be saving. I built temporary wood braces over them to protect them for the move and while in storage.

I miss my locos already.

Cheers.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top