CSX Transflo, NY

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


alcanman

Member
Hi from the UK.

After building 2 Florida based small HO switching layouts, CSX Palmetto Spur and Deerfield Beach, FL which I shared on this forum some time ago, I was looking for a new location for my next project. Having enjoyed a US vacation many years ago in New England and New York State, I had always wanted to build a layout in this area featuring some fall foliage.

I decided on an a small transloading terminal in the area of Glens Falls, NY, a town I'd visited back in the day.

Here are a couple of pics and a link to videos showing some switching action.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Alcanman1?feature=mhee

Mal
 

Attachments

  • CSX Transflo, NY (3).jpg
    CSX Transflo, NY (3).jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 582
  • CSX Transflo,NY (2).jpg
    CSX Transflo,NY (2).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 487
Everything looks great CSX. I like the road and loading area. How did you make it?
George

Thanks George. I used styrene sheet painted light gray and weathered with weathering powders.

The layout measures 9ft x 15ins. Here is the track plan and a pic of U30B #5340 shoving a loaded grain car into the unloading area at the right hand end of the layout

Mal
 

Attachments

  • CSX Transflo, NY (version 2).jpg
    CSX Transflo, NY (version 2).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 503
  • Transflo grain unloading 001.jpg
    Transflo grain unloading 001.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 599


Thanks Stephen. Here are a couple of more pics of the layout.

Mal
 

Attachments

  • Transflo 17th Oct 2013 001.jpg
    Transflo 17th Oct 2013 001.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Transflo 17th Oct 2013 005.jpg
    Transflo 17th Oct 2013 005.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 398




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top