cruzin ebay & i noticed ....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


funny thing is i remember just a couple of months ago you couldnt find any on ebay , strange
eBay is just like that. Same item will go this month for $65 and next month only go for $15.

It could just be the earlier shortage created this months glut. People see things going for a high price because they are rare, list theirs hoping to get the same price and discover 10s of other people had the same idea and the market crashes. I guess that is really economics 101.
 


Wow those are nice. I didn't even know those Marklin/Trix Big Boys had DCC & Sound in them.

Ebay items come in waves, sometimes you can't find stuff, and sometimes the same things are flooded with auctions.
 


Uhm, I got an email from Reynauld's Monday advertising a Marklin Trix Liquidation sale. I don't really know what that is or if it's exactly the same thing (sorry I'm new to this) but maybe it caused a panic of sellers or some people are planning on doing a quick turnaround on a discounted item.
 
Are the TRIX big boys good runners and highly detailed? Don't see many people talking about them.

They are very, very nice locomotives. They run as well as the PCM's, and look very good. The only gripe I have is their drivers are smaller than the already under sized drivers of other brands. If you have more than 1 big boy it is very noticable. I now have 8 total and my Trix either stays in the round house or only see's main line work when the others are put away. For some reason the smaller drivers really, really bother me...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm, I haven't seen dirt for sale on ebay. It would probably be a good time to list a bucket full.

All depends on how good a spiel you can do. Don't forget it's not so much the product you've got to "sell" but the benefits to the prospective buyer, that's what hooks them in.
 
All depends on how good a spiel you can do. Don't forget it's not so much the product you've got to "sell" but the benefits to the prospective buyer, that's what hooks them in.
Well then, I would list it as "Authentic" dirt and include a certificate of authenticity.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top