John from Indiana
Well-Known Member
I bought this kit several years ago and decided to open it up and build it. $5 was the price on the box and there isn't much in the box. The little rocks for the base and the plan with a few pieces of basswood. I believe that I am installing it backwards, I think the ice should come off on the side facing the camera...but it is what it is. The loading platform is shaky and I was going to build it on a piece of pressed board/particle board. My layout is built on a 2-inch thick piece of pink foam. The kit is 3x20 inches, so do I just put it on a 0.250 piece of particle board, or do I dig out all the way to the base and fill it up with pieces of flat foam and the piece of 0.625 inch shelf board. I wanted something flat and solid to hold the ice platform in place and be able to remove the Ice Station to work on it, Still a lot of do; including install a mountain and portal. This section is only 2-feet wide and I will have a FSM station on the aisle side going into another dead-end tunnel. It seems the easiest and less messy method is the cut out the kit sides and take it all the way down to the base at 2 inches and build it up to the proper level need to find another fill-in kit to the right of the brewery front piece. Any thoughts...The end of the layout is about 8 inches from the portal
