Could you check my layout for dcc compatability?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


metalnwood

New Member
Hi all, I am new to this and about to order my parts for a N scale layout using kato unitrack.

Here is the layout and the arrows point to proposed feeders that will go back to the power supply. the question marks are where I am unsure if I should add more. I believe the kato turnouts can be configured to route power through all tracks hence not sure if I do this if additional points for power are required?

I guess the layout is simple enough but it would be great if someone can see if there something I need to know to operate this as DCC.

All these things I will learn but I am trying to order the parts from the states to get back to NZ in time for a birthday so I need to skip some of the learning to get it in time.

Thanks!
Jason

attachment.php
 
Well there are no reverse loops so that should be okay.
I don't think Kato has live frogs like the Peco Electrofrogs so you should be all right there too.
Not sure about the feeders before and after the switches, are they isolating? It wouldn't hurt for power distribution either way.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top