ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
While we all appreciate fine model railroad photography or videos, sometimes we want to see "beyond the edge." That is, we want to see how a layout fits into a room, or basement. I've just posted such a look at the Cougar River Subdivision. Through it you can get an overview of the four-level HO scale layout, showing how it is built into the various rooms of my brother-in-law's basement.
You can find the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26qcE4-aZw
John Longhurst, Winnipeg
A...maz....ing. I only wish I had the time the money the space.
Ken.
Really amazing. That helix is amazingly smooth. How long has it taken him to get the layout to where it is today? (nice music too.

)
He's been working on it since the mid-1980s. This would be about version 5 or 6--he started in the back room and furnace room, with a single level, and it just kept growing from there.
John
I can't wait till I buy a house. This is kinda what I am wanting to do with a permanent layout. That was just amazing. That just gives me more motivation to save money for house, as well as make some extra money to buy materials and supplies for the layout.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)