ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Getting span put together this layout is dedicated to Larry Creel alot of what is on it has come from him,good friend I have come to known ,a hell of a model railroader and has taught me alot even though he is gona hang it up the bench mark has been set.
How thick is your foam by the bridges? Can't quite tell from the pix. 2-inches on a 2-inch base for a total of 4 inches thick? Or did you lower the benchwork there?
I've never had a water feature on a layout (The horror!) and I'm curious what a typical distance would be from the bottom of the bridge spans to the surface of the water in a river or canal. Maybe it wouldn't matter - I could always claim it was high tide in an estuary. LOL!
Benchwork is lowered bridge is 1 and 3/4 inches from river,foam is 3 sheets of foam 3/4 inch thick glued together I picked up from lowes real cheap.this is my 1st Atempt at a water section as well so don't go buy me on it this is new to me as well
I'm in no rush I got a year in planning, 9 months in work,its still freelance.this layout has so many sections im doing better coming up with ideas and getting work done kinda hopping around it LOL
Well got all my 2nd span peaces glued up after some cutting and bashing for missing items.started Repaint ran out of paint so spent the rest of the day doing 12oz curls had nothing to drive to store to pick up more paint my son took my truck to school and left his out of gas unit for me to drive LOL.
I think it looks awesome this guy is an amazing model builder you should look at his track plan he does great work all while he does 12oz curls it so good I wish I had his skill and his intelligence
No futher pics to post,progress been at a stand still for a bit.I plan on starting back up next week.might do something today on it.with stuff I have bought and unpacking it kinda got clutered on benchwork got about 275 peaces of rolling stock scatered around it and other stuff LOL!!!