Command 2000 walkaround throttle

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


steamer69

New Member
Command 2000 walkaround throttle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this forum and i have a question about the command 2000 walkaround throttle, i see where it say's that you can program this to work with a Dcc compatible engine but when i try to program it nothing happens.The engine will not move and it just sit's there and i have followed all the instuctions that they say and still nothing happens,so is there something that i am doing wrong.I brought this for my grandson to use and i thought for the money it would be alright but i have run into a problem with this thing.I know that it says to press 9 then 4 three times then 5 then press the number that you want it to go to and i did that by pressing 4 on the controller and still i get nothing.I brought this because it was to teach him about dcc but i feel i have let him down by not being able to get this to work so if someone could help i would appreciated it and you will give my grandson some fun running his own train.
Thank you
 


Sorry but I have no idea what is the standard for wheelset on most 40-50 ft model box cars. I am new and still learning.
 
40 or 50 foot box car is probably no more than 70 tons loaded, so 33" would be the common wheel size. 100-ton cars get a 36".
 
steamer69, Glad to hear you have the boy running some trains! It has been a long time since we owned a Command 2000. I have pretty much forgotten the specifics of using the system. :o
 
I have 2 Command 2000's and a booster that I bought 15 years ago. But after using everything for the first time the booster(never used but 15 years old) died. So I am stuck using one Command 2000 for now. I would like to buy a better system but funds are not anywhere near.
 


Because my command 2000 works I would rather spend my money on building the layout. Notice I did not say"get my layout done"?LOL
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top