Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris- I never really got into the whole video game thing, i have an XBOX but i dont have a whole lot of interest in it. I play a few games of Grand Theft Auto once in a while, usually when i dont have my cell phone, iPod or laptop. I guess my big problem is my cell phone. I was sending about 750 messages a month with my old phone, a basic flip phone nothing to special. When i got my new phone, i got the whole package, full keyboard, touchscreen, more memory, you know the works, and now i average about 6000-9000 messages a month :o:cool: One of the things my dad did is to make a no electronics day, every other day is a no electronics day. I got my phone during the day for the walk to and from school. He has since lifted the ban, i grumbled about it when it first went into effect, and the winter weather set in, but honestly, i started losing interest in my electronics and did stuff outside constantly, not to mention busted my butt in practice. Im not at all trying to suggest how to be a parent, just telling it how i reacted when my dad something similar.

Not much going on here this evening, sitting down to a bowl of my mothers chili and prepping food for tommorow. I have break next week, so if i dont talk to you fellas before the big race, have a nice night and ill talk to you during the week.
 


Man it died again in here!:eek::( Man, there better be some serious model RRing going on or there's going to be Hell to pay!

On that Note,

Jimbo If'n you don't start typing something, I'm setting the dogs loose!

Hey Philip, How's your wife doing?

Tomarrow we're going to the State fair........@ 8am!:eek:
 
Good Evening:)

Where'd everyone go?:confused:

Sheeeesh. Is Jim anywhere to be found?:confused::eek:

Where's Phil?:confused::eek:

OY---do we have to set up a MIA file on these people?:confused::eek::confused::eek:

Boy---do we have a lot of people missing here---:eek::eek::confused::confused::(:(

Man. Winter is so boring:eek::(:( Don't I sound like a happy camper---

There has to be a lot of woodshedding going on;);):)

Have a good evenin' people---:):)
 
Sugar Creek branch has been laid and tested. I'm waiting on a ME #6 RH turnout from my LHS so I can complete the trackwork at Sugar Creek Jct. He doesn't carry ME, he has to order it :confused:

A Maryland & Allegheny GP-9 bought from the now defunct Maryland coal hauler negotiated the tight curve and 2% grade pushing 4 cars. (An earlier 44-tonner run resulted in slippage up the wazoo; fortunately, the 44-tonner isn't assigned to the Sugar Creek mine run anyway, it's a P&WS loco which switches the holding facility and NG/SG transfer at Rimer's Corner.) Only four wheel trucked locos can handle the Sugar Creek run because of the curves and grade. The M&WV's RS-3s (and any leased WM RS-3s) will not be assigned to the run either.
 
If'n it wern't fer the Crickets(AKA Roaches with a good PR Firm) in this place I would be so lonely!



[EDIT] Well we're going to the State Fair in Tampa. I'll CUL and I get plenty Of pic's to share!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello?

Is anyone home?:eek::confused:

Chris? Where did everyone go? You heading out to the fair? Have a good one---let us know how that went.

We're just having another dull dull dull day for our viewing pleasure:(

I'm up and heading back to the university for the day---

Have a good one guys---:confused::):confused::)
 
DAYTONA 500 is this afternoon.

It is quiet in here.

Chris- What are you going to the state fair today for? Dont you know youve got a race to watch? :p Have a nice day at the fair though, must be nice to have things like that in feburary when people up in the NE have to wait until August for :D.
 
Good morning. It's 42 and cloudy. The high today will be in the high 50's and there's talk of a 20% chance of rain this morning working it's way up to 60% by 6 pm. Just what we need, more rain. The whole state is about to slide away as it is.

Not much happening today. I'll be tearing down the new Roundhouse FMC covered hopper I got recently. Things that will be done is the couplers will be changed out and weight will be added as the car is currently 1.2 ounces shy of what it needs to be. If the weather cooperates I'll add a coat of my black acrylic and alcohol mix. The wheels will also be getting some rust and the trucks will get some rail tie brown as well as a little rust.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P2130486.jpg
 


Back from my vacation in Lanzarote, what a time we had. We went all inclusive so it was eat till ya burst, drink till ya burst and some, the kids loved all the free ice cream and drinks by the pool. We went in the sea as well quite a lot, the boys found an octopus while snorkling and i turned a fab shade of red, which the next day was brown ha ha ha.
The best bit was coming home to find i had lost around 8lbs,,, after eating myself silly :D . We went up, down, through and under volcanoes, even brought a lump of one home. I can honestly say it was the cleanest place i have ever seen, no rubbish on the streets, no doggy poo, no anything at all really, they get 10/10 for that. the terrain is very bizzare, some places it's flat magma fields as far as you can see, and others all you can see are cactus plants, others you only see palm trees and concrete like Baghdad (minus the baddies) and other areas look like Mars, all red and dusty. transport is crap as they done have any kind of rail network but to be honest it only takes about 2 hours to drive right round the island.
 
Got the work done on the Roundhouse hopper and it's outside drying at this time. The couplers that came on it were a bit sticky for some reason. They didn't always like to close completely. So they were replaced with new Kadee #5's. The trucks and wheels were painted rail tie brown and rust respectively as well as some for the couplers. I added 1.5 ounces of RoseArt modeling clay to the interior for weight to bring it up to the NMRA recommended weight and the whole thing was sprayed down with black acrylic paint and alcohol.
 
Hi Steve! Great you got away from the cold.

Hope all are having a good day...where ever you are. Its a cloudy day here with 1-2 inches of Chris's white sand expected overnight. Not a big deal, but very unusual for us to get snow three times in one year.

I started the Walthers Rolling mill kit. Man, I hope that I will be able to fit it in. It is 32" long. There is always the possibility of adding another 8 feet of benchwork and locate the steel complex on it. That would take away the existing crew sitting area and I would have to move several things to the lower garage to relocate it in a corner. Don't like the sound of all this and really hoping I can work it in.

Got a thread started on the signals/traffic controls that I spent most of last year on. If you are interested go to: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16754

CUL:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm back from the fair! It was a wonderful day the weather was picture perrfect as usual for Florida. I ate things that will disagree with me later, and seen things that will haunt my memories for ever:rolleyes:LOL's! Had a great time. Here's some pic's hope you enjoy.....I post some more tomarrow!
 
It's a wet one tonight. I got that hopper done barely in time earlier today. Shortly after the wind came up and that would have made any weathering attempt difficult. For now we have heavy clouds and a 60% chance of rain. The low is looking like 30 and the wind is currently NNW at 12 mph. Tomorrow is looking like no rain so I should be able to get a coat of Clear Flat on the hopper.
 
Karl Just a wee bit of snow, eh?

Chris Do they hold the fair always around this time of year? How was the attendance at it? By the looks of things it must've been packed!:)

Still snowing dribble bits around here--just icy and yick out here--:(:eek:
 
Wow! What a terrible weekened for me. No modeling got done at all.
However, I got a couple major items marked off my procrastination list.

I have had an electrical problem in our kitchen for a week. Disposal, dishwasher and the electric ignitors on the gas stove top didn't work.
Saturday, I crawled under the sink and opened the wire junction box, no problem there.
There is another junction under the dishwasher, so I took off the the lower access panel and got sparks as I pulled the panel loose. I also realized I flipped off the wrong circuit breaker. I am truly blessed with the talent to take a 15 minute chore and turn it in to a 3 hour project.
I finally got the melted wires apart and the broken aluminum strands fixed.
Amazingly enough, everything worked when I got th breaker back on!

Saturday afternoon and evening was devoted to a birthday party for my girls. It was their 3Xth birthday and the grandsons are fully into ice cream and cake.

Today was a terrible mental stress. I did my taxes!
I get over a $100 back from the Feds and much let than $100 from the state. At least, I didn't have to pay this year.:p
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top