Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ- dont think your going anywheres with that camper soon ;)

Chris- Nice looking magnets, i really thought it was a wrap job.

Jim- ive been gone about a week, but come out, come out where ever you are!.

Everyone here is talking about snow it seems, i might have 4 inches out there, what happened!! Mother Nature needs to make up her mind and give us spring or some snow. Im pushing for spring though, i want to go out in that kayak.
 
DJ You proved me right! Even with hurrycans......We still look better!

Matt if you lived in florida you could kayak 24/7!

Yes Rex.......I'm a bad boy!

Six more weeks of winter!
 
If the storm continues as predicted and Florida gets snow then there will be some snow in all 50 states. Yes there is snow on the highest peaks in Hawaii.
 


DJ.....YOU WIN! :D Our snow was melted by 5pm. It's going down into the 20's lat tonight and everyone is hoping the streets dry by then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy all,

Still no word on Jim? I might have to try to call him. I believe I still have his number stored in my cell phone from when I visited him in AL 2 summers ago...

DJ - I was thinking of shooting a few pix of the snow on my property here in MD, but it pretty much resembles yours so thanx for saving me the trouble.

Speaking of which...I spent almost 8 hours shoveling snow off my 300ft-long driveway today, starting at 7:00am and ending ~3:00pm. And my whole body hurts!:eek: Your probably asking me why didn't I hire somebody? Well for starters, there's this guy in my neighborhood with a loader-equipped tractor who normally clears everybody's driveways after a storm, in exchange for donations to the Tractor Maintenance Fund. Well this time he was sick with the flu, so we tried hiring someone - anyone - with snow removal machinery. They were all booked up. Vicky had a pressing need to be able to drive somewhere today, so the job fell to my son and me. Oh well, with a few ibuprophens in my system I should sleep quite soundly tonight!
 
Huh. While you guys suffer from AllKindsaSnowItis we got a little tiny snowflurry here. Heeheehee:D:D:D

Man. I Hate Winter.:eek::mad:

It can go any time now-----mumble grumble snuffle snort:mad::(

We had another hurry hurry driver try to beat someone going around a corner down here. Nut drove right into oncoming traffic and nailed a lady who had a couple of kids in the car. Thankfully, all were not injured. The nut was taken too the cop shop-----DUI:eek::mad:
 
Good evening folks

More snow coming! Nooooooooooooo! That’s right folks we got more coming on Monday night! It is not bad enough that we got 28.5 and then 17 for a total of 45.5 in five days, we have to get more. They are hauling the stuff away from parking lots in tri-axle dump trucks.

I took the day off from work because the roads iced over night and I did not feel like dealing with the idiots. I had to deal with the ice build-up at the back door. Also my shoulder was screaming in pain most of last night and was still sore when I woke up.

Since I was home the family and I went to see Percy Jackson, the Lightening Thief. My wife and kids have read the books and could not wait to see the movie. It was an enjoyable family movie.

If all goes well tomorrow we will meet up with some old friends of my wife for dinner. This is our third attempt with the first two being snowed out.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
 
Thanks LTF.

Gave this little one a boost:):)

Morning

Got the weekend seminar things to do. Lotsa schtuff to get packed into one weekend---then we have Family Day holiday :):rolleyes::):rolleyes:
 


Morning All. I hope everyone that got snow yesterday,has had a chance to dig out. Speaking of the snow,I was brave enough, to venture out and capture some pics,after we were sent home early from work. The first three pics are of the house and neighborhood where I live. As you can see, we got a good bit of snow here in Vestavia. William.
 
I also managed to get a few railfan photos as well. I am sorry to say,they aren't the best,but I hope you will like them.William.:)
 
Rant comming........I HATE VIDEO GAMES WITH A PASSION! in a nut shell kids are to addicted to them and don't know real fun even if it bit them in the A$$!:mad: You all know Our weather rocks! I just gave my sons mini bike ready for riding, he's playing his NEW X-Box?:confused: What Another game system? Me and my wife said no more gaming, I want to get us some new Airsoft guns for our B-Days and the money was spent on a X-Box!:eek::mad: Needless to say I'm PO'd! My kid know his bike is ready to ride the trails are empty, sun is shining, and Great riding weather. No....He's playing video Games.:mad: God, dang it......When I was 12 my dad was in his late 50"s and didn't get me the fun cool outside stuff....Couldn't keep up with me to do the cool stuff with me. Here's my son with all the cool outside fun stuff and a youngish dad willing to do things with him! Nothing just gaming:mad::mad:
Rant over......sorry!:(
Well, I'm going riding for a while CUL!
 
Good afternoon folks

It is 28 F with a high of 32 F.

Just hanging around the house right now. Still battling with the ice at the back door but today is was not too bad. They are still talking about snow for Monday night into Tuesday.

We are heading out later this afternoon to meet with some old friends of my wife that we have not seen for about 6 or 7 years. We exchange Christmas cards and write occasionally so we haven’t been out of contact we just have not seen each other face to face in a while. One of the last times we got together it was for a Santa Train ride on the old Brandywine Scenic Railroad.

I would like to get some train time in today. We’ll see.

Tomorrow will be busy. It is Scout Sunday at our sponsoring church so the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts will be attending. In the afternoon my son has his first session for his swimming Merit Badge. Oh, and its Valentine’s Day.

Chris, we had a similar problem with my son in particular. So we instituted a new rule, if the sun is shining no video games. I go as far as taking the remotes and hiding them until he gets his required outside time. Funny thing is I usually have to yell at him to get himself inside because it is getting dark, too cold, too hot.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Rant comming........I HATE VIDEO GAMES WITH A PASSION! in a nut shell kids are to addicted to them and don't know real fun even if it bit them in the A$$!:mad: You all know Our weather rocks! I just gave my sons mini bike ready for riding, he's playing his NEW X-Box?:confused: What Another game system? Me and my wife said no more gaming, I want to get us some new Airsoft guns for our B-Days and the money was spent on a X-Box!:eek::mad: Needless to say I'm PO'd! My kid know his bike is ready to ride the trails are empty, sun is shining, and Great riding weather. No....He's playing video Games.:mad: God, dang it......When I was 12 my dad was in his late 50"s and didn't get me the fun cool outside stuff....Couldn't keep up with me to do the cool stuff with me. Here's my son with all the cool outside fun stuff and a youngish dad willing to do things with him! Nothing just gaming:mad::mad:
Rant over......sorry!:(
Well, I'm going riding for a while CUL!
...You COULD just unplug the television...
 
Blast him in the keester with the Airsoft gun. That'll move him. Even better...decide to change the battery on the gun near the X-Box and accidentally hit the trigger. :D Ooops, I thought the battery needed changed. .25 gram BBs will send the evil X-Box into the abyss. Wahahahahaha!
 
See the problem is my wife, she caters to his every want regardless what I say! So if I set rules, him and her break them..."I'm the Bad Parent, I can't yell, I,m told, "I'm to hard on the boy.", I hear it all. If I break the game she or her parents will buy him a new one, If I unplug the TV they will plug it back in, If I hide the remotes they will buy new ones. I've had my sit downs with both of them, I said my piece.....If they listened to me things would change, but it won't. Either way tomarrow we're going to the state fair.......I'll talk to them again in the car........
 
Take him to to the doctor. Any kid who'd rather play X-Box than Airsoft is sick.

Of course, you could always consider restricting his time with the X-Box. If you take it away, he'll only want it more, but if you get him to divide his time between the X Box and Airsoft and trains and other interests, you will round him out.
 


Got a new (to me) covered hopper in the mail today. Internet search comes back as a Roundhouse FMC covered hopper XTRX 76990 XTRA. Coupler trip pins are bent way up so I'll be cutting those off. Built date says 10-73 so it'll fit nicely in my general era.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top