Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuf wit'da pictures, fellows! U's mak'un me ka-ka-COLD! Brrrrrrrrrr!

Wow! Chris, are you hungry?

EDIT: Forgot to add, the Blue Angels are coming back to T-town in May. That is quite a surprise since they don't come back to the smaller areas that often. CAN YOU HEAR THIS, JIM? where ever you are.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nuf wit'da pictures, fellows! U's mak'un me ka-ka-COLD! Brrrrrrrrrr!

Wow! Chris, are you hungry?

EDIT: Forgot to add, the Blue Angels are coming back to T-town in May. That is quite a surprise since they don't come back to the smaller areas that often. CAN YOU HEAR THIS, JIM? where ever you are.

No.....I'm not hungry....I'll give most of it to my dog!! Just hoping the wallet fire will bring jim out from hiding!:D BTW: My pic's should have warmed you up some!;)
 
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Tom, I'll have to say those are some Wet Cold looking scenes. Where I'm at in the foothills of Calif. headed up to Yosemite Nat Park I have had Wet & Cold Snow like that but not in that quantity as I'm not high enough to get that much but up higher it's even worse I'm sure.

Anyway that is more than enough Cold and Wetness to deal with, that's what they call Bone Chilling Cold, right. It looks like there's about 3" piled on top of the chainlink gate.
It also looks like you were also showing that even the walk area that you had run the snow thrower through was again half filled up! I could also see from your truck on the road there seemed to be about a foot of snow on it.

Snowmobile time as you cant drive very easily. Do you work with the road crews?

I'd better quit, poor Rex is probably freezing by now. LoL


It's a very nice day out here but the sky is very cloudy as though we might get more rain and a very slight chance Snow where I'm at. But up higher most definitely. So you understand what I mean by up higher, I'm at 1,875 in elevation but the main road, Hwy 41, climbs up toward Yosemite and at a little town of Fish Camp actually reaches 5,281'
in elevation and it climbs a little higher to get to the park about a mile further up the road. But there are mountains within the park that are over 13,000 feet in elevation and there are 5 or 6 Living Glaciers with the higher elevations too!

Well time for me to break it off as I have a Dentist appointment and then it's back to do more work getting more tables constructed for the C & S West SL layout and I'm glad I finally am getting in gear and getting the construction and table work going so I can lay some more track. Oh, that reminds me I need to pick up more 1-1/2" drywall screws too.

Hope the day is good for all!
 


The weather guesser down here is making noises I don't like about the possibility of snow tomorrow and Friday. If you don't hear from me later I'll probably be out huntin' that varmint down. You gotta be pweety quiet to hunt weathew guessews.
 
We just finished round two with the snow blower. I am cold and soaked. Wife is making chicken and dumplings. I can't wait!
 
Do you work with the road crews?

No, I work in Highway Design. My job on days like this is to stay out of the way of the road crews.

My FIL used to drive a trash truck for the township. In a storm like this they would put plows on the trash trucks. Back in 1996 during the 30 incher they called him in after a full day of trash pick-up. He worked 16 straight hours and then they sent him home and told him to rest for 8 hours. Three hours into his rest they called him back in. We did not see him for 20 hours.
 
The weather guesser down here is making noises I don't like about the possibility of snow tomorrow and Friday. If you don't hear from me later I'll probably be out huntin' that varmint down. You gotta be pweety quiet to hunt weathew guessews.

C'mon Jeffrey, were just trying to share the bounty! The O man would want it that way!!! :p
 
Man is it DEAD in Here or What, You guys must have frost bite on the fingers:eek:! Well we have a lovely morning temp of 36* and should warm to a lovely 50 something! The rain should start around 10pm tonight,and end Saturday morning some time.

Jim...Jim...Jim Oh where, Oh where is Jim? Jim if you can here me hit the B on the key board:( if you can't hear me hit the N on the key board. Me think's we must let the dogs loose to find jim!:(
 


LTF--winter is kinda boring innit?:(

Another cold, dreary day for us'uns here. There is this nasty cold raw wind still blowing every so often which gives us a windchill even lower than the one we already got.:mad:

Gotta whole bunch of stuff for scratchbuilding over the last few days. Big sheets o' styrene and brass----heeheehee:D:D:D

Jim!!! Where did you go?!?!?!? HEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO!!:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:
 
**yawn** Morning all. Sun is coming up and it's 46. 65 is the projected high for this lovely Thursday. Sunny and 75 is still the forecast for the weekend. Can't wait!!!
 
Good morning. It's 35 with a rain/snow mix. The high will be 43 with more rain. Snow is in the forecast for tonight.

Yesterday I was finally able to get the final two prescriptions I needed, Prevacid and Claritin, so at least I wasn't sick last night as I had been the previous couple of nights. Today I intend to get some light layout work done. What that's going to be I don't know yet. There's still a section of road just begging to be torn up.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2036.jpg
 
LTF- So glad to hear from you.
I was afraid a snow plow had covered you up!!:eek:

My winter is now officially on the downhill slide.
I have a full blown cold with snotty nose and raspy cough. The 12-hour cold medicines are allowing me to breath for about 8 hours before I give up and take another dose of medicine.:mad:

I always seem to get a bad cold about 2 or 3 weeks before our winter weather thaws out.
Sorry, this is a local forecast and will not necessarily be the weather in areas north of Alabama.
Oops!, Gotta go find some more tissues,
 
LTF- So glad to hear from you.
I was afraid a snow plow had covered you up!!:eek:

My winter is now officially on the downhill slide.
I have a full blown cold with snotty nose and raspy cough. The 12-hour cold medicines are allowing me to breath for about 8 hours before I give up and take another dose of medicine.:mad:

I always seem to get a bad cold about 2 or 3 weeks before our winter weather thaws out.
Sorry, this is a local forecast and will not necessarily be the weather in areas north of Alabama.
Oops!, Gotta go find some more tissues,

My Wife and Kid have been home sick for two days now, Wife has and ear infection to boot! Dang defective weak Bratcher Gene! Wife's worried I'll get it.......Hahahahahaha, Silly woman.... I don't take antibiotics everytime I get sick. so my imune system is pretty strong! I think By not taking Antibiotic everytime you get sick is the best way to avoid getting sick all the time! I get sick twice a year and that's once in spring and once in the fall when our weather changes! And when I get sick I put myself in Nightquil Coma for24-48 hours and I'm done with it!;) A great night sleep cures all!
 
Weather guesser is making me mad again. He's talking about a possibility of 2 - 5" of snow. Just the thought of snow in Louisiana is insane but the thought of 5" of snow in Louisiana is something that could get you a straight jacket and a rubber room.
 
Hey All! Nope...not buried in the snow. It DID snow all day Sunday and Monday, but it didn't even stick. I heard a few rumblings about a big storm next week....we'll see. Hope everyone is staying warm and dry!
 
we've had remarkably little snow this year. we'll probably get dumped on for the next few weeks to make us miserable. I can't believe all the snow in the south. bizarre.

I've decided to move from this farm,as the location just isn't quite what I need for business. So, i'm selling horses, packing stuff, getting rid of things i don't need, editing my life down.

Found a temporary spot for way less money until the RIGHT place comes along. Might go work at the racetrack, galloping horses. i need something to shake me up, and get me motivated. layout tables can be folded up and stored for a bit. everythng, BACK IN THE BOX.
 
Welcome to my nightmare!!!!!
It took a few hours, but the driveway is clear to the street. The snowpiles along the side are from 4-6 ft tall! It got a little hairy when the Deere climbed em, but we made it without getting stuck!
Only problem is the street aint been plowed yet, and there is a 6 ft drift 1/4 mile up the street, and I understand the other end of the road is also closed.

LTF, I agree, I hate winter!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Weather guesser is making me mad again. He's talking about a possibility of 2 - 5" of snow. Just the thought of snow in Louisiana is insane but the thought of 5" of snow in Louisiana is something that could get you a straight jacket and a rubber room.
Jeffrey: They really don't understand that in the South, that is the equivalent to the northern boys' two feet. The same guessors are still trying to guess our total amount, but they seem zeroed-in at 1-3".

You guys got any old and damaged Zippo lighters? After years of throwing them in a draw, I finally took them up on their life time guarantee and sent them four for repair. Got them back yesterday complete with repaired lids and all with brand new lighter inserts; all were free including return shipping and the turnaround was about 5 weeks. All you have to do is evaporate the fuel, throw them in any box, include a letter with name and address, and send them to the company.

Mikey: you can't be sick when the huge snow storm arrives:rolleyes:. That's play time, LOL. Hope you get well soon.

I sent Jim an email first of week, but haven't received any reply. I would call him, but I've lost his phone number. Hope he is not down with the creeping crude :eek:.

I finally got the Depot straightened out (sort-of), but realized that I'm starting the age old "...some day I may need that." syndrome. Got a couple of guys coming over tonight for some Op time, but beginning tomorrow I'm back to kit building and starting with the rolling mill from Walthers (dang, that's a big'un!). (of course this undertaking is dependant on time allowed for snow-midget building:D)

Have a good one.:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top