Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!
Florida first had the Asian Carp, then walking catfish, big slinky sneaky snakes, and now: MINI KARLS!!

I thought Florida Roaches were tough to kill!:eek: OMG, you go to step on one(Mini karl), then they relieve you of your boot and hit you with it!:eek::eek::eek: Rex this problem could be headed your way! We just had a rain storm roll through, I think that washed them out from under the rocks!:eek:
 
Well the East Coast is going to have 9" less snow. We have it here. The guys with the crystal balls forecast 3"-5". There's 9" in my yard!!! And it's blowing so hard I've used the snowblower twice to clear the drive. Guess what. It can wait until Monday for me to clear things out again.

Bob
 


Well the East Coast is going to have 9" less snow. We have it here. The guys with the crystal balls forecast 3"-5". There's 9" in my yard!!! And it's blowing so hard I've used the snowblower twice to clear the drive. Guess what. It can wait until Monday for me to clear things out again.

Bob

What's a Snow Blower?:confused: Rub,Rub,Rubbing it in!;):D
 
OMG!!!!
Florida first had the Asian Carp, then walking catfish, big slinky sneaky snakes, and now: MINI KARLS!!

Careful what ya call mini's, one of them is 6 ft 6 inches tall!!! The youngest is just 14 and 5 1/2 ft tall. If older siblings are any indication, he'll be even taller!
 
Been listening to Railroadradio.net. Pittsburgh(CSX). They had an engine and a couple of cars off the rails in the yard a bit ago.

They are still sending them out though. They are warning all engineers and conductors to be careful and stay warm, and to pay particular attention to their footing on the steps and walkways.

One of the engineers just came on and said, "It's bad out here". Ya think?

I usually listen to Fort Wayne communication, but with the weather, I've moved my attention to the east. I'll change to Roanoke as the night progresses.

Another engineer just came on and has fouled a switch because the train slid in the snow. Gonna be a long night for dispatchers and crews.

Bob
 
UPDATE: Trees are being reported down fouling the tracks around Pittsburgh. Gonna be a long night for rail crews too, I guess.

bob
 
UPDATE: Trees are being reported down fouling the tracks around Pittsburgh. Gonna be a long night for rail crews too, I guess.

bob

Ouch! That sounds really messy. :eek::eek:

Good Morning--

We're sitting at -13C with NE winds blowing up to 50kmh so we have windchills of up to -22C---isn't this wonderful? We have not seen any snow but boy did we get damp and raw winds.

I'm up for those weekend seminars at the university ----some have weekends off, others, not so much---:rolleyes:;);) This bunch will have guest speakers talking about certain aspects of our so called stock market. We also have one fellow who will be talking about brownfield redevelopments----lotsa fun---:confused::):confused::)

Have a good one people
 
Check this out
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ome-over-indianapolis-colts-jersey/?gt1=39002

Good morning, hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend. The snow is going to dodge us, but theyre calling for snow on wednesday apparently. Hey ill take snow in the middle of the week, thats when i have school :D

Superbowl sunday is gonna be a blast, probably going to have some friends over for the game, or maybe go to theirs. Im going for the Saints, simply because i hate the Colts with a passion, and itd be nice to see the saints win their first one.
 


As Bob said lots of white heavy and then some blowing white fluffy around here. Got a drift around the house that 18" deep that I had to shovel thru so the ankle bitters could go out and P. The newspaper is late, the snow plow thru snow at my mailbox and bent it and I have to get the Kubota fired up here shortly So's I can start the snow removal from the walks and drives. At least my neighbor's across road drive was plowed by someone about 4:30 this morning, ye-haw that saves me about an hour but it will take a while to get mine done with the drifting over here and there and everywhere.
 
That Snow sounds Like ONE BIG PITA!:mad: I'll take a hurrycan any day of the week over a snow storm! Although if one were Properly Equiped with a Beach house or time share or condo in Florida......I could see and Upside putting up with that white @#$% ! I guess thats why this state population jumps from October to April!:D:p Damn Snow Birds!;):p
 
Good morning everyone.

Looks like some folks out east are getting dumped on. I guess I'm just glad it's not me. If we get that kind of snow, it stays! It doesn't melt like out there.

I've been slowly adding ground cover to my yard/spur track area. I had wanted a dark, cinders look to the area, but it's getting too dark. I may need to add some overgrown weeds as well. It will certainly be prototypical. The green and tan just looks so bright next to the cinders and ballast. I may need to finish the area with a wash to tone down the greenery. What a never ending battle to get the 'right' look. Oh well, it's better than the cork I had under it for the last year!

We're hosting the Superbowl party this year so I know what I'm doing tonight, cleaning. Our house isn't ever very dirty, but this is like Christmas cleaning. God forbid there's any dust above the doorways when you're watching football! I think it would make the beer taste bad.:rolleyes::)

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
 
Good morning everyone!!! :D

We made it through this last storm better off then the weatherman had predicted....as usual. :rolleyes: We didn't get the 6" of snow or the 1/2" of ice. Just another day of rain on my already soaked yard. This of course flooded my basement again. :mad: I bought some Drylok paint last week but the walls have to be dry to and clean to paint it on. I will probably have to wait till summer to apply it. :o I haven't been down this morning for the clean-up. I'm hoping the elves did it for me. :p

Have a good day!!
 
11 am and its still snowing. About 2 1/2 feet so far, but we still got 11 hours to go!
Got one heck of a drift in front of the garage, about 5 ft and yes I gotta shovel it out. Seems some big dummy (me) parked the truck in the garage in front of the tractor with the plow! Oh well, I'll just wait til tomorrow. Maybe the drift will move by then!:rolleyes:
OR
Maybe I'll have the wife hold the video camera, and I con do one of them "built Ford tough" commercials coming out of the garage!;):eek::D
 
My sister called from Baltimore this morning and said they had like 22inchs on campus, Loyola University Maryland. Up here in NY a few flakes and dry roads and I'm fine with that
 
Bluebird skies and 26* presently. Makes my eyes hurt to go outside, so I grabbed my 'wayfarers" and put them on. Where's the Hawaiian Tropic? I'm ready for a suntan!!!

Not much happening today. I might go to the garage, maybe. Think I'll just strip some shells today. I've been meaning to get at them for over a year. But, I knew this storm was coming and would need something to do today. Procrastination? No, good planning.

The mail isn't here yet. Usually here by 9:30AM. How does the saying go? Neither heat, nor cold, sleet, nor hail, rain, nor snow...... Snow? Snow? Get the contact book out. Mail has to be delivered in the snow? Gotta correct that in the next contract negotiations.

Our mailman is dyslexic. As long as he gets the mail on the correct block, he's doin' good. All of the neighbors check their mailboxes, then deliver each bit of misdelivered mail themselves to the correct address. Great opportunity for small talk and a free cup of coffee.

Bob
 
Bob That sounds almost like our old mail lady. She got a job suspension before she retired, the postal inspectors found undelivered mail in her back seat that was over 2 years old. She had here quirks for sure and we alll were glad when she was forced into retirement.
 
Hey Bob, didn't realize that "Wise Registry Cleaner" was a company in China. Reckon the software will steal all my space shuttle secrets? implant listening devices? make the washing machine run backwards? I guess if our government can borrow from them, I can buy from them...do it at Walmart anyhow. Oh well, Paypal runs interference for the transaction. ;):D

Chris: Warning! Special trains for "Snow Birds" are being assembled for destination Florida. Estimated evac population: 6 zillion.
 


Larry, it must be only in Indiana. I've heard that Hoosiers are just hillbillies that ran out of money while on their way to Michigan. Those hillbillies must have been hired by USPS........

I'm waiting on (7)Atlas engines that were on eBay. Got 'em REAL cheap. Three sold for $.99 and the other four were under $3.00. All from the same seller. I don't have $30 in the whole lot including shipping. They are badged for shortlines that I've never heard of for the most part. Though there was one for the Indiana and Ohio. Looks to be a custom paint job. Maybe I should talk to the neighbors...............

I plan on changing out the bodies as I have "super-detailed" bodies to replace the Atlas shells. New bodies are Athearn, but one would have a hard time telling it. I've got (3)SD9's, (1)SD7, (2)GP9's and a GP20.

I also just won (2)Kato SD35 chassis yesterday. Paid a bit more for those, but still got 'em on the cheap, $20 for each plus shipping of $5.95 for the pair. Watching a group of E8 P2K chassis that I need for a few shells(Rivarossi/AHM) I've had laying around for a couple of years. Destined for passenger service on the Monon, Wabash, and C&O.

Hopefully, I can get most of these bodies on chassis' in the next couple of weeks. Sure would help to clean out the "to do" shelf.

I want to "retire" some of Dad's old Athearn NS/NW engines, numbering about 10. They don't fit my layout and I'd like to display them, though I know he would hate to see that. But, they have done their duty and it's time to give them a place of honor on display. They are run when the layout changes to a modern set up. So, permanent retirement is probably not in their future.

Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top