Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just got done putting down 150#'s of Rye Grass seed on two yards, gave a quote to trim or cut down a large palm tree and finished the tree and stump work around my house. We got another cold front going to push down some time around the weekend. We should only have 2 more months of this cool weather and we should be getting to beach weather around April! This moring was 51* and warmed up to a nice 75* clear and sunny:)

Rex, I'm not listening to your Tide banter!:p

Berry, No they don't block it out here, that would be a crime! It just sux that i'm 2.5 hours away from the big race and can't go!:mad: I went to daytona during the off season two years ago and that place is cool even when they ain't got nothing going on! But you can bet me and the wife will be watching.......I hope Jr. has a better year!:(:rolleyes:

bOb, That sux Insulin!:eek: Man no more Donuts!!!!!!!:eek::eek: Sugar free diet fer you...:( My wife has got that diet and I adopted it cause there is just no dang sugar in the house:mad: not on table spoon, sux when I'm got a sweet tooth. splenda works but its just not the same:(:rolleyes: At time I could kill some one and leave them for dead in a ditch for a Klondik Bar!:D

Any who I got to go and finish up some tid bits of work in the house.....
 
Chris, I can eat donuts, just not the whole dozen. Yeast donuts are better than cake donuts for me too. I can have 'em, just not a lot of 'em.

Mailman brought some more surprises today. I was out and just got back. Haven't had a chance to open them yet as Angela's car wouldn't start(battery). Heading out to Auto Zone as the battery is less than a year old.

I am going to start one of the dioramas this PM. Got the luaun doors cut and sanded. Think I'll do a small yard for ht first one.

Gotta go to get the battery. She's beginning to snort.....

Bob
 


I hope we get the death certificates for my FIL pretty soon. My wife wants to start driving the 2001 Aurora. Her 2002 Olds Intrigue has about 80,000 miles and the Aurora less than 12,000. We checked with the funeral home a couple days ago and they told us the that the Doctor had not signed them yet. We can not do the life insurance claims without them either Or the bank accounts. Come on Doc get off your dead humph and get with the program.
 
Larry, wow!!!!! When Mom and Dad passed, even my Grandmother, the funeral home handed us the Death Certificates at the viewings. Those folks were most supportive and had EVERYTHING we needed. You may want to get in touch with them to see if they can help. They gave each of us kids a copy, and about a dozen copies extra for bank accounts, insurance, lawyers and such.

I was thinking that, in Indiana, a Certificate of Death had to be issued BEFORE the body could be interred. Don't want to bury anyone alive, now. I could be wrong. It's odd that one has to be "certified" as deceased to be buried. It's really kind of obvious, isn't it?

Bob
 
hope everyone is having a nice evening,

my 4th and final midterm is tommorow afternoon, then im free for 3 days.

Larry- sorry to hear about the inconvenience,
 
Hello ----

Got myself into making a Horribly Oversized diorama to use in experimenting with my photography. I want to use the thing along with the Normal scale layout I have and see whether I can do some compressed pix with them-----:eek::rolleyes::confused:;)

3 buildings involved----2 houses and a small general store:)----the RR crossing is down the road apiece----sorta ---kinda--:rolleyes:;)
 
Good Morning My Peeps'!

Morning temp 34* they promise 70's this after noon!

Hey Obama's is comming to florida http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/president-obama-bullet-train-announcement-012710 to give the Anti-Crist money 2.25 billion dollars to help buy the 5 billion dollar high speed rail line between Tampa and Orlando! they think the high speed rail line will create enough jobs (42,000 of them) to help the 1.5 million unemployeed?:confused: O.K. a one way ticket for one person from Tampa to Dizzy World will cost a person $50.00 to go 50 miles down the road! it cost me in fuel to drive from Tampa to Dizzy world in my wifes car hauling 4, $8 plus parking add another $15= $23.00 so hows riding the choo choo cheaper? Either way More WAISTED Money, 2.5 billion could be better spent else where! I think the whole thing is nothing but smoke a mirrors any ways!:mad::mad::mad:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' All,

It's a balmy 2 degrees this morning. At least it's not snowing again. Heard we will set a new record for the longest period of time having 5"+ of snow on the ground.:eek: It could be worse.
 


Good Morning--

Weather up here is wind, wind and more wind---up to 80kmh in gusts from the west. We're at -7C right now---care to think of the windchill factor?:mad::rolleyes:

Chris Tampa to Orlando? HSR? But think of all the touristas!!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes: Actually kind of doubt it'll do much of anything really. Wonder what the price point would be for a round trip ticket on the dang thing?:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek: Like anyone would be able to afford it---

Where'd this rather soapy box come from?:eek::confused::)

Gonna spend some time in the trainroom today---I actually get to play with my trains for once!!:D:D:D

Have a good one!!:D:D:D
 
I'm hearing the state might now be getting 1.25 billion now, and we scrape up the rest! My question is Our state needs funding for Unemployment $$......Why doesn't the 1.25 billion go to that? We have 1.5 million on unemployment!
 
Good morning folks

It was 33 F when I left the house this morning. High will be 40 F.

I had to drive to work this watching the thermometer and the sky this morning. Just to the west and north of us it was a traffic nightmare. A snow squall came up and caused havoc. The roads were a sheet of ice and accidents everywhere. On the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike (I-476) at the Quakertown Interchange there were 8 different accidents and one of them involved 10 vehicles. We have major commuter routes such as the East-West PA Turnpike (I-76), US 422, US 30, PA 100, and PA 309 closed less than 5 miles from our office. At the office there is nothing, just clouds and dry roads.

Last night we had our January Pack Meeting for Cub scouts. Not much else got done.

My son and I did look over the layout and he explained to me about his ideas on which section needs to be worked on next.

Tonight is volleyball practice for my daughter.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Get the 21 alligator salute ready. Tell them to sharpen their teeth.

LOL's.....the Gator would just choke to death tring to gag him down!:D Trust me he's going to get tons of flak with the people who voted for him! Not many down here care for a ChooChoo twain right now they want serious long term Jobs! And spending 1.25 billion on a train to really no where has got tons of people mad on both sides of the fence....I don't think there will be much left for the gators after the people who voted for him get threw with him!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Went to see my primary care doctor this morning for the follow-up of the iv port being removed. No sign of infection and everything looks good.
 
Hope yer all well as can be expected

Layout building has ground to a standstill as my scraps of wood have all gone, no way am i buying anything at all, gotta save the money whats left of it.

Chris Even if yer mate gave you the billions it's worth nothing, cos it was printed and backed by nothing but toilet paper and empty promises, LOl i really feel bad for your guys down in the South.
Ken L hope vicky's ankles gettin better
Jeff good to see your infection free
ROLL TIDE !!! ;)
 


...
Doc thinks I should apply for disability...
Bob

Do it Bob! My Doc recommended to me almost 10 yrs ago to do that and I didn't listen. When I finally did, in 2006, it was rejected, and it wasn't until this week that I finally got a decision from a judge. Although the decision was fully in my favor, I should have done it when it was first recommended to me. So do it now while you have many more options. Either way it will be a long process!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top