Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroylyn- Sounds like my walk home from school, not sure what i was thinking but wearing shorts today sounded like a good idea, it wasnt :o.

Sandy- That could apply to NY as well, although the snows melting here at a pretty fast rate.

Barry- How bout a kayak? Ive got a nice Christmas present thats just sitting in the garage right now :rolleyes::cool:

Chris- Thats funny, we had a girl move from texas to our school and she saw snow for the first time this year, and was amazed that it was cold, 8 inches of snow and she was worried if they would shut school down early. I thought she would faint when i told her we had almost 3 feet last year at one time. This year if we get 2 feet ill be impressed. Rednecks a minority down there eh? How about you boost your population and take a few of ours, it was funny the first time but seeing tractors at Mcdonalds and driving down Main St is just slowing things down :D
 
Went to my foot doc appointment this morning and got the wound debrided, poked at and measured. It's getting downright tiny. 4 mm long, 2 mm high and 3 mm deep. Doc figures one more week with the vac should do it. He says at that point we'll switch it over to small wound on my left big toe and get that closed up. After leaving there I went over to the hospital to get my central line looked at. The doc there figured it had been in long enough and had served it's purpose and removed it. He was really smooth in taking it out and I didn't feel a thing. Another can be put in sometime in the future if it's needed. I'm happy though. That's one less piece of medical equipment I have to maintain. The less the better. That frees up 15 minutes on my morning routine. Closer to home, the KCS is replacing two crossings near here. One at Ford Stewart Road and Hwy 171 and other at West Hawthorne Road and Hwy 171. The crossing had been in need of service for some time. The crossings will be open to traffic tomorrow morning. No layout work today so far. I've been to preoccupied with the medical concerns listed above.
 
Chris,Thanks for the welcome. I would think with someone else buying you could eat a little more. And what's up with the UN-sweet tea? You can't be a real Floridian. Probbly a Seminole fan too.:D:D:D I'll tell you what kind of idiot you're dealing with here. I moved from Iowa to Florida and then back to Iowa. :eek:

Enjoy your lunch and next week when you're buying, send a little 'gator tail this way.

John
 


It's getting colder here in Louisiana. The Saints are in the Super Bowl against the Colts! Go figure. If the Saints win He!!'s gonna be a clod place.
 
Caroylyn- Sounds like my walk home from school, not sure what i was thinking but wearing shorts today sounded like a good idea, it wasnt :o.

Sandy- That could apply to NY as well, although the snows melting here at a pretty fast rate.

Barry- How bout a kayak? Ive got a nice Christmas present thats just sitting in the garage right now :rolleyes::cool:

Chris- Thats funny, we had a girl move from texas to our school and she saw snow for the first time this year, and was amazed that it was cold, 8 inches of snow and she was worried if they would shut school down early. I thought she would faint when i told her we had almost 3 feet last year at one time. This year if we get 2 feet ill be impressed. Rednecks a minority down there eh? How about you boost your population and take a few of ours, it was funny the first time but seeing tractors at Mcdonalds and driving down Main St is just slowing things down :D

Matt, this last saturday we seen about 12 car loads of people headed to the rivers with their kayaks! I'm talken Florida born red necks not transplanted rednecks they don't count! Red necks from diffrent states are diffrent!

John, a lot of people move here then with in two weeks realize florida life style ain't for them! The ones I can't stand are the ones who hate it here yet won't go back to where they came from!:) Un-sweet tea....I'm on a sugar free diet......I'll sweetin the my tea with splenda! I'm a Gator's fan!
 
Chris- now theres an understatement, rednecks are different :D If these above freezing temps keep up and the rain keeps coming i may be able to go this weekend......maybe........hopefully......please :rolleyes::cool:

Btw, NASCAR fans in the coffee shop, does anyone else wonder who had the idea to have the Daytone 500 on valentines day?
 
Chris- now theres an understatement, rednecks are different :D If these above freezing temps keep up and the rain keeps coming i may be able to go this weekend......maybe........hopefully......please :rolleyes::cool:

Btw, NASCAR fans in the coffee shop, does anyone else wonder who had the idea to have the Daytone 500 on valentines day?

Why V-day have no clue just wish I had the cash to go there for the weekend of the race! sad, daytona is 2.5 hour ride from here:(
 
Chris, Glad to hear you lean towards blue & orange. I was a fan also when Steve was there. We spent 8 years in Tallahassee made some good friends and had some great times. Moved back to Iowa to start a family close to the grandparents. Still miss the life style. It took me a long time to remember to order unsweet tea.

If I remember right, Spring Hill is near Crawfordville,south of Tallahassee yes?
 
Finally got on.

Yesterday sucked. Got to work, got in the groove. Big tree came down and took some wires with it. Three hours later and still no power they let us go. Get home and find out that my street is blocked. In the next block there is a big tree across the road and around the corner another big tree in the wires. The power came on just before I walked in the door. It had been out for three hours.

Today I got up late and had to rush into the office. I then had a meeting and some moronic design consultant who had the nerve to try to pull a fast one on me. Since I already was not in a good mood I tore him a new one and sent him back to the drawing board. The really stupid thing is he has tried this before and been sent back to his office with his tail between his legs. I guess some people never learn.

We just got the Christmas tree out to the curb. Amazingily the tree was still fresh after almost two months in the tree stand. Heck the thing was starting to grow roots.

Time to see what trouble I can still get into before I call it a night.
 
Btw, NASCAR fans in the coffee shop, does anyone else wonder who had the idea to have the Daytone 500 on valentines day?

Um, a disgruntled and divorced redneck??? :D

OF course, I shouldnt laugh, cuz I'll be watchin the race myself. Me and the Mrs., maybe I'll do something romantic, like trim the Salsa bowl with roses! :p;):rolleyes:
 


Philip, glad to here shes fine. My wife was sore for a whole month she said it felt like she was kicked in the gut. you and your wife are still in our prayers! I assume the DR. got here on clear liquid and very soft food? Remember No sugars of any kind (includes bread) or she will dump!

John, Spring Hill is 35 miles due north of down town Tampa. or 70 mile due west of Orlando or 40 Miles south of Gainsville. I'm 5 mile as the crow flies to the Gulf of Mexico!

karl, If'n I wouldn't of goten layed off from my job. Janette, Ryan, and myself would be in the bleachers at Daytona!:mad: May be next year........

bOb, Have you got the donuts and coffee? Hate to see the cops rough you up again;):p!
 
Morning people---

PC Any sugars could produce issues at this time for her---we have your family on our church's prayer list:)

Chris There is always watching the thing on TV:rolleyes:---or do they blackout your area when the race happens?:confused:

Another dull, windy day for our viewing and driving pleasure. There are a number of icy areas that are causing issues for some around here--:eek::rolleyes::(---High will be -7C with a SW wind up to 50kmh---which will give a windchill of -17C. This with the moisture at 85%----nice and damp:eek::(

I've got a bunch of things to pick up from work and groceries to buy and----blah blah blah---

Have a good one people!:):D;)
 
Well i just woke up, im loving this midterm stuff, i can sleep in past 8 oclock and still have over 3 hours before i even have to start thinking about heading to school. Today is going to be an incredibly easy day because there will be no essays or DBQs to write and i only have one afternoon test. A maximum of 3hrs are allowed for the test, and im usually finished about 2hrs through, so they let you go at that point. :D

With the exception of tests this week ive been searching for some open water, a bunch of my friends have kayaks as well and want me to go. Im going to ask my dad if we can take a day trip to camp just to ride the sleds/wheelers (depends on if the loggers plowed the road or not).

Have a good one people
 
Good morning folks

It was 29 F this morning as I headed out on to highways and byways. High will be 40 F. They keep mentioning that s-word for the weekend.

The morning started out lousy as my glasses broke. I will be heading off to the optometrist later today to see if they can be fixed.

Last night was spent getting stuff ready for tonight’s Cub Scout Pack Meeting. My son had a double guitar lesson to make-up for the one he missed last week and my daughter had volleyball practice.

Someday I will finish weathering those wheel sets on the workbench.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Phillip- Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Don't let her do too much or lift heavy items for awhile yet.
I will not tell any horror stories, but this surgery in an area that takes time to heal.
BTW, I'm looking ay a '87 Honda Gold Wing Interstate with 43K on it. It looks okay, but I want my cycle riding mechanic to check it out. I want an estimate of repairs before I make an offer. But, the weather looks too cold and wet this weekend to ride to the garage. It will pay not to be in a hurry to buy this bike.

Almost time to get the Vette run through the carwash and wax it again. I want to stick a "For Sale" sign on it about March 1st.
I predict a drop in my layout work over the next few weeks. I can still get my movie scene started on the club layout when the figures arrive in the mail. If it turns out okay, I'll try to get a picture to post.
If it doesn't turn out okay, I'll not mention it again!

Gotta go watch the weather reports. Working for an electrical connector manufacturer, we watch ice storms very closesly. We try to make extra stock for the people who have powerlines down, so the utilities can get people's heat and lights back on in a timely manner.
 
Enjoy your lunch and next week when you're buying, send a little 'gator tail this way.
John, he can't do that cause the Bama Crimson Tide all ready ate all of them ROLL TIDE! ;):D:D.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Welp, got bad news from the Doc. Gotta go on insulin. Sucks. He and I both agree that it is probably caused by the pain of my back and the fact I'm much more sedentary and don't feel like being as active as I was without the pain. Gonna get the orange out and practice I guess. I do try to do things, but when I try, I'm down for days. Riding in a car for any period is a prescription for days on the down.

Doc thinks I should apply for disability. Going to have an MRI done. Workman's Comp will hopefully take care of that, since my settlement with them was just about 7 months ago, and I have 1 year to reopen my claim.

Oh, well, life goes on. I knew it was coming, I guess.

Been on eBay today. There's some bodacious deals goin' on for good engines, Kato, Atlas, P2K....... Watching a few of them. You guys stay away from them, ya hear? I want to upgrade some of the engines on the layout. Retire many of the Athearn BB engines. Since I have the settlement from the damage done to the layout, now is as good a time as any.

Woke up this AM and it was 15*. A big change from the 51* it was a couple of days ago. C'mon Spring!!!!!

Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top