Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, coffe pot is ALWAYS on. One of the ossiffers be a fishing buddy of mine, the other was ATF. They just wondered if'n I'd seen anything supicuous goin' on down the blcok.

Then the subject of my firearms came up, and the ATF guy checked out everting, makin, sure they, da guns, be legal and such. Dey is.

The ATF fella told my buddy that I had most SWAT teams out gunned. Which I know to be true. Most are going to those "skinny" MP5's. A cap gun when compared to my hardware.

Then a bunch of them came back over for a "looky-see". They drank all of my coffee!!! 'Bout ready to give them a demonstration right there on the spot!!!

Bob
 
well lots of excitment here this evening.

I went to the hockey game on saturday night, the phantoms lost by 1 goal to the river rats, alot of fights for some reason, certainly made for an exciting game.

On sunday i had my track meet, the freshman invitational, 10 kids from my school were invited, and i was priviledged enough to be one :). I ran the 300m and the 600m again, i finished in 3rd place in the 300m and the 600m has a story. You were suppose to stay in your lanes for this race, no cut in at all, well that did stop some moron, who cut in from the third lane, across my second lane, and into the first lane, on the turn of all places!!! the whole time i was trying to run past the smaller kid in front of me, but this idiot decides hes gonna cut right in between me and 2nd place to get back to where he belongs out in the 3rd lane, why i have no clue, needless to say he cut me off, stumbled in front of me, kicked me in the shin and tripped me, and we both went tumbling down, his incredibly stupid decision cost me a great chance at a win, and him an easy 2nd or 3rd, but he had to be an idiot and ruin it for both of us, but that was my chance at a win, because as soon as i passed 2nd place, i couldve passed the leader who finished only half a second before the kid in 2nd finished, and i had faster times then both 1st and 2nd place. Then, then after ALL that, this kid has the cajones to walk up to me after the race and blame it all on me!!! My coach, his coach and about 3 of the people who clocked times came over before anything started, which is a shame because he diserved what he had coming. Neither one of us got DQ'ed for it which is a great thing, but we were both told to just go sit with our team. Oh and just in case you couldnt tell im still alittle bitter over it :mad::rolleyes:. Coach and i had a discussion about it and he saw the whole thing happen, but theres really nothing i can do about it and theres no sense in crying over spilled milk. Ill just win next year.

Today is was 47* for a high, it rained all day and yes i did wear shorts to school today, as well as about 20-30 other guys, im guessing all this nasty cold has got a few other people anxious for summer and couldnt resist either. I had almost no work all day, tommorow i have midterms testing, all the way through thursday, because i have no tests friday ill have a 3 day weekend, and on wednesday and thursday i only have school from 12-3 so itll be a nice change of pace.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

Btw Chris- it that a future daughter-in-law :p Im just kidding, looks like your son is having a blast with his friends, a fair in january though? ours up here is in Aug, and i love it, such a nice relaxed mood, and i get to work with the guys from the fire dept so its a nice bonus:D
 
Don't give up so easy!

On sunday i had my track meet, the freshman invitational, 10 kids from my school were invited, and i was priviledged enough to be one :). I ran the 300m and the 600m again, i finished in 3rd place in the 300m and the 600m has a story. You were suppose to stay in your lanes for this race, no cut in at all, well that did stop some moron, who cut in from the third lane, across my second lane, and into the first lane, on the turn of all places!!! the whole time i was trying to run past the smaller kid in front of me, but this idiot decides hes gonna cut right in between me and 2nd place to get back to where he belongs out in the 3rd lane, why i have no clue, needless to say he cut me off, stumbled in front of me, kicked me in the shin and tripped me, and we both went tumbling down, his incredibly stupid decision cost me a great chance at a win, and him an easy 2nd or 3rd, but he had to be an idiot and ruin it for both of us, but that was my chance at a win, because as soon as i passed 2nd place, i couldve passed the leader who finished only half a second before the kid in 2nd finished, and i had faster times then both 1st and 2nd place. Then, then after ALL that, this kid has the cajones to walk up to me after the race and blame it all on me!!! My coach, his coach and about 3 of the people who clocked times came over before anything started, which is a shame because he diserved what he had coming. Neither one of us got DQ'ed for it which is a great thing, but we were both told to just go sit with our team. Oh and just in case you couldnt tell im still alittle bitter over it :mad::rolleyes:. Coach and i had a discussion about it and he saw the whole thing happen, but theres really nothing i can do about it and theres no sense in crying over spilled milk. Ill just win next year.


Hi Matt,
From what you said above, sounded as though you were in the process of passing the other two runners in front of you when this guy cut you off. If the coach knew you were moving fast enough to do just that and the distance was there for you to accomplish the pass or at least get ahead a bit you should have wone by default but for the other clowns neglagence and inapproiate actions!

I'd confront your coach and find out why he's so willing to let the situation slide to your detriment! That hardly seems equatiable to me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Dave- I was in the process of passing the runner in second place (first lane), What the runner in 4th place did is he dove down the track from the 3rd lane, down into 1st lane to gain some speed (where its a bit shorter), and then realized how close me and the runner in 2nd place were (runner in the 1st lane), rather than slow and go around in his lane, he went behind the runner in the 1st lane and in front of me (in the second lane) stumbled while crossing my lane, and tripped me while he tried to get back to his lane. My coach was furious over the whole thing, but because we both went down and runners 5-7th place ran around us while we were down, theres really nothing we could do about it because, even though it wasnt entirely my fault, and i was on the ground for 3-4 seconds at the most, i still finished in last. When i said "no sense in crying over spilt milk" i was referring to the coaches splitting us up, making me miss my chance to "speak" my mind to that kid. Unfortunately they dont enforce the no cut in rule, its all based on morals and honor, so theres not a thing i could do, :(. It bothers me that the whole thing happened, i think my coach let it go because of the little altercation at the finish, we both were lucky not to get disqualified (not to mention it prevented a chat with the athletic director :mad::() and i think my coach realized this, so he didnt push the officials into arguing about the race.

Track season is over now, so now ive got until march to throw weight in the weight room after school until baseball season.

Well im off to bed, ive got 2 major exams tommorow so i need some rest, hope everyone had a nice evening.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Littlefoot, you got hosed! Good for you for not throwing punches.

All state highways in southern Minnesota are closed to any traffic. The plows have been pulled of the highways until further notice. It's nasty windy here and you can't see a damn thing! Oh well, at least I'm getting stuck at my house with my wife.

Since there's no place to go.......
 
It ain't a hockey game unless there's a half a dozen or more fist fights out on the ice and a couple of more in the stands!;):DJMO Matt, our temps for feb and march still get's to the 50's but I give us one more artic blast before March and we should start are warming trend in March and rainy season should start last half of May!

Hey, I got a couple of yards to do today!:eek: and a over seed job...my customer keeps driving by my house and wants my lawn:rolleyes: I told her $150 and give it 5 to 8 days and new winter lawn.... We have been in the upper 60's low 70's with a good rain once a week! It's cool but not crazy cold.
 
Nope, coffe pot is ALWAYS on. One of the ossiffers be a fishing buddy of mine, the other was ATF. They just wondered if'n I'd seen anything supicuous goin' on down the blcok.

Then the subject of my firearms came up, and the ATF guy checked out everting, makin, sure they, da guns, be legal and such. Dey is.

The ATF fella told my buddy that I had most SWAT teams out gunned. Which I know to be true. Most are going to those "skinny" MP5's. A cap gun when compared to my hardware.

Then a bunch of them came back over for a "looky-see". They drank all of my coffee!!! 'Bout ready to give them a demonstration right there on the spot!!!

Bob

NICE........Great cover I would use that one to If I forgot the Coffee and Donuts, and got treated like a KING!;):) Don 't knock the MP5 thats a good Gun for what it's ment for PDW for tight CQB! MP5 is way better than a MAC11 and MP7 IMO! Now next to the MP5 for CQB, I like the M4/Ar15's great plateform for a all purpose firearm.
 
Chris- Your right, although the crowd is usually pretty civilized, just a few shouting matches here and there once in awhile. Up here im expecting at least one more decent sized snowfall, and then we have the season of mud. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a nice day, not having to be to school until quarter of 8 has me alittle messed up, but i wont complain :). My midterms start at 8 and then ill either go home for lunch or ill head out to lunch with some friends before the afternoon test.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 36 and clear. The high will be 67 and sunny.

Not much happening today with the exception of the weekly doctors appointment. Maybe today I'll find out how much I'll be stuck with this vacuum unit. Results came back on my lab work. All good. No need to change anything. I had an issue with a loco not wanting to program on the program track yesterday. Turns out the program track doesn't have enough power so I programmed it on the main. Worked fine then. All I was doing was changing the address. I can read the CV's just fine while on the program track, just when it comes to changing any it has to be on the main. Not sure about the type of decoder but it's the only one I have that exhibits this behavior. I think I picked it up as a freebie in a trade. Nice things about having a layout set up for DC operation is I can turn off all the blocks but the one I'm using to program the loco on, so no need to remove the others from the track.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PA240233.jpg
 


Philip.....how's your wife do'in?

That's two of us'uns want to know!!:):)

Good morning--

Got just barely enough snow to hide the ice underneath--and make for slippery walks---yay--NOT:eek::(

Got MRR time today---YAY!!:):)

Ordered some Peco turnouts so's I can redo the Williston Terminal yard and expand it to include more 'storage' space---heeheehee:D:D

Have a good day people:);)
 
Got just barely enough snow to hide the ice underneath--and make for slippery walks---yay--NOT:eek::(
The only thing I've found that an icy sidewalk is good for is as a butt magnet! I thought for sure I'd cracked my pelvis when I slipped and fell on an icy walk in 1977. X-rays showed no fracture but the bone was bruised. That hurt almost as bad. One good thing, it got me out of school for 2 weeks.
 
We got about 6 inches of "partly cloudy" yesterday along with 30-40 MPH winds. Made for great driving. :rolleyes: It's been a long winter but it gives me more time with the MRR.



John
 
Flo fer lunch I'll have a big bowl of chili with a small side order of frettos chips and large unsweet ice tea! put this on the new guy Johns tab.....nice to see some one new came in! John, the new guy buys fer the first week!!;)

We got a slight warming before the next cold front. it's a nice 75* sunny with a nice cool breeze. The weather man say we got another cold front going to push in on Saturday some time. temps shopuld drop in to the 60's here on sunday...I Kinda hate this weather you get all nice a warm and feeling good and the floor falls out on the Temps. so fast your body ain't got time to adjust. Then then the next thing you know you got a Cold!:( O well 2 1/2 more months of it!
 
I bl**ped out the bad parts...hope it doesn't offend :p

DIARY OF A SNOW SHOVELER

December 8 - 6:00 PM
It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had! Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12
The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry- we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14
Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska , after all.


December 16
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20
Electricity's back on, but had another 14 inches of the damn stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all day. The damn snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white sh** fell today, and it's so cold, it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again, I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the a**h*** is lying.

December 23
Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she, nuts?!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did, but I think she's lying.
December 24
6 inches - Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the s.o.b. who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through the snow by his b*** and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the damn snowplow.

December 25
Merry freaking Christmas! 20 more inches of the damn slop tonight - Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a fricking idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26
Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze; plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28
Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. The B**CH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30
Roof caved in. I beat up the snowplow driver, and now he is suing me for a million dollars, not only the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his a**. The wife went home to her mother. Nine more inches predicted.

December 31
I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8
Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?
 
Sandy, I seen that one before, but it was title when a Floridian Moves up north! We go through pretty much the same thing but with Hurricans! The firsts few you go through with little to no damage is fun and exciting. As soon as you get bad damage the nightmare come to life and you don't want to deal with it anymore! Heck some people in centrial florida are still waiting to get their roofs fixed from a few years back when we had the four storms back to back! Now we have this rash of pythons, anacondas, boas and all other forms of nastys crawing and slithering out of the swamps. I think this summer is going to be fun, can't wait to see our new New York neigbors reactions to the Florida Life style!;):) 98% of them hate it down here 2 weeks after moving here and grip 24/7 and can't wait to move back to NY.:D Florida is made up of 50% New Yorkers,25% New Jerziers,20% from everywhere else in the US, and 5% are Native Floridians born and raised. #1 complaint............."Damn Rednecks!" and Their the minority down here at 5%!

O'well at least I love it down here and can proudly say, "I NEVER SHOVELED SNOW....AND EYE AIN'T ABOUT TO!":p:p:p:D
 
that's pretty accurate with the snow thing. I'm about half way there, but only because its been a relatively mild not as much snow as last year winter.

but I could lose my mind at any moment, if it keeps getting colder, keeps snowing, and the sun doesn't put in an appearance SOON.
the driveway is a skating rink, with some drifted bits that froze after yesterdays rain. I had two horses leaving this morning, didn't want to risk having the horse trailer get stuck in the deep drifts,get caught in the ruts, and then slide off the driveway into the deep furrows of the cornfield. I had to WALK them all the way to the road, which is one kilometre away.
and then I had to walk all the way back, against the wind.

bleh.
 


Our backyard is all a semi frozen mushy mess of slop and gunk. Everywhere I step it oozes up more water too.:eek:

Anyone got a pontoon boat they're not needing right now?:rolleyes::confused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top