ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Jim- yes sir they did wind up catching the moose, they shooed it over our fence and sent it into the neighbors open yard to try and tranquilized it and put it into the DEC trailer. The moose wound up traveling through the high school and into the corn feild across the road where they finally captured the young bull. It seemed alittle over the top response to me, but i suppose with as many people in their yards looking for it and people driving around, it wouldve been soon enough that someone may have been trampled or hit it with a car.
The races went pretty well, in the 300m i finished in 3rd out of 14, however in the 600m, things didnt go so well, i lost track of how many laps and wound up sprinting the 3rd lap instead of the last one, even so i still finished in 7th
Good morning. It's 46 and cloudy. The high will be in the high 50's and it will be partly cloudy. There's a 20% chance of rain this morning.
Yesterdays rains left the area wet and muddy. Hopefully today we'll have a chance to dry out a bit. Nothing special going on today so maybe I'll get a chance to clear off part of the layout. It's starting to look more like a desk with the stacks of papers from the assorted doctors and pharmacies they came from. There are also assorted tools, small paint cans, several rolls of tape, a couple of tubes of glue and assorted pieces left over from some recent projects. It doesn't take much to make a mess.
"Hey, Flo........I'll have a 20oz. steak, Two eggs over easy eggs, small helping of home fries and a pot of coffee to wash it down! oh and don't forget the hot sauce! Put it on Jims tab!"
Well going to the Flea Market, then to the out-laws for a visit! It started to rain last night around 5pm and the last wave just floated over! we're hovering around the mid 70's man what a climate change one minute we're freezing our butts off now were normal....dang El nino! Well got to get ready to go....
BTW: Matt......Ya did GOOD, keep it up! If that Moose got lost in my neck of the woods he would of ended up in someones BBQ grill down here and serverd up with a side a hush puppies!
On the black fire trucks....I was watching COPS last night and some LA county(I forget which county) the Ambulance was white over black and the fire truck was white over red! My state the EMS units color veries from county to county Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco are red and white. and in other countys I seen every form of bright color from red to yellow to green. no black yet! I like the yellow units, looks racey!
Afternoon ever one, Cloudy and 38* here today with rain on the way
In my families wisdom they decided to dog sit for one of the guys where my dad works while they are out in Denver for a cattle show. Let me just say that, this dog is CRAZY I've never meet a dog that wants to play 24/7. runs around the house throws toys at you if your not playing with her. Will jump up on the couch and lick you to death. At least we're keeping the door to the basement closed so she cant do any damage to the layout.
Karl the better race is at the end of the month Rolex 24, real racers know how to turn right too
Chris- Thanks, that was my 2nd track race ever. As for that black ambulance, thats odd , the ones around here that im familiar with are green and white, neon yellow/green, red and white, blue and white, and orange., but no black ones, very strange to say the least.
Irongrave- Thanks on the races, as for the dog, i have one that could be the twin sister to the pup you mentioned. Sally has 2 speeds, out of control and off, and theres always a racket ball in her mouth, be it shes sleeping or begging for you to throw it, this dog goes outside and runs laps around the backyard for god knows what reason. sound familiar?
btw chris, funny you mention the moose bbq, theres no hunting season on moose in NY, but i was talking to a DEC officer a few years ago who told me they only had one report so far of an illegally shot moose, apparently the moose charged the hunter and the hunter pulled the trigger in self defense. To bad the bullet wounds were in the rump and hind leg of the animal, mustve been one of the rare moose that back into people
Afternoon all! Another dreary day in T-town, but at least it isn't so cold. Ideal for some lazy modeling. I'm trying to finish up that second level hill so I can build the last hill with tunnel portal between the 1st and 2nd level. Almost there fellows.
Jim, the Sheriff's radios are all digital and my scanner is not. Northport channels didn't have anything about the hunt. That was scary what happened to you and Dianna. That is why I always look things over before going in and leaving a business after dark. Once, a friend didn't do this before entering a store and a robber ran smack into him on the way out. He got shot in the thigh during the collision.
David, better roll'um and burn'um quick. The men in black will be coming down ropes next time. LOL
BTW: Matt......Ya did GOOD, keep it up! If that Moose got lost in my neck of the woods he would of ended up in someones BBQ grill down here and serverd up with a side a hush puppies!
Funny! I couldn't help thinking about Foxworthy (or was it the Cable Guy) talking about the white doves being shot by rednecks at Atlanta's Olympics.
Ken: I know exactly what you are going through. A couple of years ago, Carolyn had to have shoulder surgery. She was out from work 3 months and hadn't been at the job long enough to have sick leave plus I had to keep up the medical insurance premium. Man, that hurt! I think the worse though:I had to do all those apron things. That really hurt my feelings. LOL
Before I forget again, I meant to tell you that a woman that works with Carolyn slipped on the ice getting out of her car a few weeks ago and broke her leg in two places.
Just got back from taking a pot of vegetable soup to my brother and SIL. His ankle is healing. He says he knows that's the truth because he can feel it! Yikes.
Rex...Wow! Scary times in Tuscaloosa!! Glad you're okay!
Drew...I had to chuckle at the term "cattle show". The National Western Stock Show is such a big deal in Colorado that most folks don't take down their Christmas lights until AFTER the Stock Show. It is definitely a date/milestone each year. I remember going when I was a kid and loving it. Especially the baby animal exhibits. So many people! Sheesh! ) Last year the attendance was around 650,000. This year it runs from Jan 9-24.
Karl...My nephew used to work for Keystone, the company that did all the advertising for NASCAR. He drove the cars around the country for shows and signings. A couple of times he stopped by my house during a trip and would take the car out of the trailer in the school parking lot across the street from my house. Didn't take long to draw a good sized crowd ) He brought the Folgers car ( I think Bobby or Terry Labonte was the driver) and the Visine car (don't remember the driver at the time, but the car was pretty).
I am a Matt Kenseth fan. )
When I was living in NC, one of the funniest things I 'saw' was my brother and nephew listening to a NASCAR race on the radio. I thought that was a hoot! But they got involved!
Well..it's Sunday night and I am NOT ready for Monday. UGH! Hope everyone has a terrific week!
When driving a semi, do not blow your air horn at a moose. They will charge you, and are big enough to get the antlers through the front windshield.
That could ruin your day. (As well as your underwear.)
When driving a semi, do not blow your air horn at a moose. They will charge you, and are big enough to get the antlers through the front windshield.
That could ruin your day. (As well as your underwear.)
MMM---Moose do more damage to semi's than just that!! Out by Oxtongue Lk--near Algonquin Park in ON--a moose---this is in rutting season mind--charged a logging truck coming out of one of the back roads by highway 60. The driver was killed and there was a 6-7' hole in the front of the truck where the moose charged the truck. The driver did not see the moose until it was too late--lost control of the truck upon impact with the moose and crashed down a 20' embankment----oh. the truck did not have logs on it----
Good morning. It's 35 and clear. The high will be in the upper 60's and it should be partly cloudy.
I actually got some of the junk cleared off the layout yesterday and I did some work on a few container loads. There's still more junk to be sorted however. Oh well, I don't have anything better to do today, yet. The foot isn't bothering me so much now since some bone slivers worked their way out last week. With three bones missing balance issues can become somewhat of a problem and my balance was somewhat precarious to start with. Today I intend to do some light work on the layout, mainly get the rest of the junk cleared and put some details back in place. There's also a road that need to be taken up but I'll have to do that slowly as it's on the far side of the extension where the extension meets the original benchwork. That means I'll be reaching across a three foot distance so I'll have to be careful not to damage anything in between while keeping my weight on my good foot. It should prove to be interesting to say the least.
Rex- I was just thinking the same thing, where is everybody
Well i was suppose to head to the movies with some friends, but then got a text that i had a dentist appt and couldnt go , my appt was at 2:15, at 2:45 my dad called and told me he forgot about it and he just rescheduled it for tommorow . Oh well now i can go to the movies
I actually touched the trains for the first time in a long while, ive got a caboose and half a tank car that im gonna jury rig something together with, maybe put it on a boxcar frame and call it a weed sprayer.
I cant win for losing it seems. I just got my truck back from the body shop, new hood and grill all painted. had the drivers window and rear slider open to get the paint smell out of the truck. Get into my driveway close the rear window no issue as the front window is going up, it falls off the track and breaks. So its going back to the shop tomorrow for a window, hopefully it will be an in and out job.
I was busy cutting down the last tree in my yard! this one was the toughest half of it was over the roof, so I had a lot of pruning to do to get the limbs away from the roof and counter ballance the tree for a safe drop! All three trees are down and loaded up on the trailer. Now they wait till i can get the $40 dollars to take them to the dump! Times like today I wish I had a chipper! O'well got to spend QT with my favorite person.......ME! and well Mr. Chain Saw too! now I got to rest up for tomarrow so I can tackle the house hold chores and some more light plumbing!
Chris what saw's you running. I'm going to be rebuilding an echo for work tomorrow, for personal stuff my dad and I run a mix of Husqvarna small-medium saws and our big 36in bar capable saw is a Stihl.