Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if theyre that rare, i think that might be an example of an over enthusiastic ebay seller. But i could be wrong, I did a completed listings for them and didnt find anything.
 


Jeff and Karl- Couldnt agree more gentlemen, it was an N scale MDT Plymouth if i remember right. I saw it later on for $99, its there now for $30 :D
 
I paid half that for a new one in the 80's.

Jeffery- Even with the '80 inflation problems, those prices are about half what we are paying for the same items made today.
It is a shame my income has not kept up with the prices!!

Looks like the heat is keeping most people sitting in front of a fan, drinking ice tea!;)
 


Good news! My GP7's came today! About time! Now I can't see what the problem UPS had with the original address on the package was. I peeled off the new one UPS put on and it's identical to the one HobbyTown USA of Dallas put on it. Go figure.
 
Where is everyone? Jim, Chris, Bob, others? Chris is probably slaving behind a mower, and Bob is probably on the boat, but whered Jim disapear to? Maybe i was wrong, but i thought his trip to honduras was 2 weeks, and he'd be back by Friday. Figured we wouldve heard a recap of the trip by now :D

Anyways, not much happened today. Worked for about 6 hours and then had football. Tommorow i go back to the dig site. I got my college credit, but they invited me and another kid back to dig alongside other archeaologists. I dont really want to do that, but i didnt want to turn them down, so ill dig for half the day and head back home. Ive got to mow the lawn tommorow and then work on some summer work before football.

The fish from the fair are still alive, im sort of amazed.
 
The fish from the fair are still alive, im sort of amazed.

Matt
When I was 6 I won a goldfish at a carnival. He died when I was 12. A few times he did get sickly, and start swimming sideways. I just dropped half a baby asprin in his bowl and by the next morning, he was a right as rain.
My older sisters still bring up "Speedy" when we sit around and talk about stuff from our childhood.....he's kinda immortal now!
 
The worst of the weather has passed for now. It's what I was expecting yesterday. Guess it wasn't keeping a schedule. There's a 30% chance of more storms tonight. The low will be 73. And yes, we took quite a rocking here. Heavy rain and the wind that goes with it with plenty of lightning and thunder in close to make it interesting. This Faraday cage I live saved my bacon again. The trailer took a direct hit. My ears are still ringing! There's no electrical damage. All of the charge went to ground.
 
Had an interesting day today. Managed to find a friend of ours who sort of fell off the planet a while back--found out he lost a lot of weight and looked way better than he did awhile back.

I'm heading into the trainroom to set some more buildings up--
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

I'm still here, you hit the nail on the head We been mowing! I got my son till friday and we been mowing yards.


Hey everyone,

This is the last week of mowing so billing goes out! Thank God I can use the Money.:) My son and I are still riding the wave from the big jump my wife has done. She keeps managing to rock the boat but we still remain a float. My son is one tough kid, through it all he has remained levelheaded. He's starting to learn to read the cards of life better and better everyday. Yesterday while mowing Janette Texted him. He read the text looked at me and said, "Dad your better off with out mom!" He showed me the text, well she is charging up a storm on HER credit cards and digging a very deep hole for herself.:rolleyes: O'well.............................

I still need that 3rd shift job so guys and gal keep up the prayers. as soon as I can Locate a 3rd shift job things will move quickly in my favor! well got things to do before mowing! CUL
 
Good morning. It's 75 and partly cloudy. There's a 50% chance of thunderstorms all through the day. The high will be 89.

Well I'm still here after all the rain yesterday. My GP7's finally arrived and have had their test run and have been set up to run tail to tail. Later when I remove the shells for weathering I'll physically disable the rear LED in each unit and run wires from the pickup leads to connect both units electrically. I've already made a couple of cosmetic changes to the units. The lead unit is minus it's winterization hatch. The trailing unit now has two such hatches. Only the lead unit has dynamic brakes. I took the dynamic brake assembly off the trailing unit (it just comes off with a slight pull) and put it on one of my Athearn GP38's. A perfect fit. The units are fitted with a light board with an 8-pin plug for the decoder. A dummy plug is also included if the unit will be used for DC only. They are of course fitted with Bachmann's severely limited decoder. They will eventually be replaced with a superior Digitrax decoder. That of course will be the DZ125, my decoder of choice. At least with these units I won't have have to solder them in as I can simply plug them in to the 8 pin plug so thoughtfully provided.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011027.jpg

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011029.jpg

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011030.jpg
 
Morning gents.

Jeff- The Geeps look good. That last picture of the consist, i didnt realize there was a shed in the backround, i couldnt figure out why they had such a wide pilot :D:rolleyes:

Chris- Good to know your son is still taking it well. It sounds like youll be coming out on top too, thats always nice :D.

Not much going on today, i was supposed to go dig but "rescheduled" that. My grandpa just left. Helped him unload some tables for the garage sale and then talked a bit. I didnt mention him getting a new truck. Most likely ill wind up with his tacoma. Its alright i guess. Its only 2wd i think, but its got the extended cab so thats a plus. Its got 80k on it, but those are 80k HARD miles. Including jacknifing a loaded landscaping trailer and having it and the truck slide down the hill. Yes, like i said, hard miles. :rolleyes: He wants to sell apparently, and i think his truck is paid off.

I guess on the agenda for today is to mow both lawns, and then start finding stuff for the garage sale. Should be an easy enough day. Have a good one people.
 
Morning gents.

Jeff- The Geeps look good. That last picture of the consist, i didnt realize there was a shed in the backround, i couldnt figure out why they had such a wide pilot :D:rolleyes:
Speaking of the pilot, that's one of the slight modifications I made. I cut out the part just under the coupler so I don't have to take the couplers off to remove the shell. They are a PITA to put back in!
 


Hi gang...just checking in for a quick lunch. We got plastered with a 30 minute, 2.5 inch downpour last night causing flooding all over the city. I've been mopping the floor in my depot this morning where the water came in under the door. Normally, the drainage from the yard is channeled under a privacy gate, but it got blocked by pine straw, etc.:mad:

Finally finished an old kit that was made/offered by Bachmann. It is the detailed plastic kit of a coaling tower/sand station. Boy, it was a bear to put together with fair-to-good parts and very lacking directions...for sure, not for a beginner. Now to install it on the layout along with associated track.

Too hot to accomplish anything outside. Hopefully, the high heat index (100's) will be gone by the first of next week.

OK JUNGLE JIM, you can come out of the jungle now!:D:)

Ya'll have a very good day!:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top