Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Really Early Morning...for moi at least:rolleyes:

Yeah...it is one of those mornings wherein one doth not sleepeth very well...so I be up and mucking about with a project railcar..converting an old caboose of indeterminate origin into a transfer caboose thingee..;).

currently snowing...still...and only 15F out here right now...sigh:(

Heading off to work soon for the morning meeting and then off to check my FLHS to see what goodies they have....

Have a good'un!!:)
 
Good morning. It's 59° with 100% humidity. The high will be 75° and we might get wet today.
cond40.jpg


Hopefully I'll be able to work on the layout today with no interruptions. I have no additional plans except to stay dry.

DSCN2949.jpg
 
Brrr morning gang!:rolleyes:

Friday 8:00 AM
Overcast
28°F | °C
Precipitation: 10%
Humidity: 59%
Wind: 10 mph High temp today 41 degrees.
Where did spring go?
184801_584053714938547_2018887166_n.jpg

Furry little bugger, I'll get you yet!!
 


Good morning folks.

It's sunny and cold today.

We had some good news yesterday. My wife is being promoted and her new workplace is a half mile from our newly purchased house. She can stop putting so many miles on our new vehicle and..........she's getting a $10000 raise!!! That new money will almost cover the difference from our current rent to our new house payment. We would have been plenty comfortable without the raise but with it I can have more freedom to remodel or save. I feel like things are finally going my way. (knocks on wood):D

Have a great day everyone.
 
Good morning folks.

It's sunny and cold today.

We had some good news yesterday. My wife is being promoted and her new workplace is a half mile from our newly purchased house. She can stop putting so many miles on our new vehicle and..........she's getting a $10000 raise!!! That new money will almost cover the difference from our current rent to our new house payment. We would have been plenty comfortable without the raise but with it I can have more freedom to remodel or save. I feel like things are finally going my way. (knocks on wood):D

Have a great day everyone.

Sweeeeeeeeet! Congrats (to the Mrs.) :D
 
By Secondhandmodeler;

We had some good news yesterday. My wife is being promoted and her new workplace is a half mile from our newly purchased house. She can stop putting so many miles on our new vehicle and..........she's getting a $10000 raise!!! That new money will almost cover the difference from our current rent to our new house payment. We would have been plenty comfortable without the raise but with it I can have more freedom to remodel or save. I feel like things are finally going my way. (knocks on wood)

Glad things are going well. Now that's the kind of surprise to have!

It was a balmy 16° this morning when I got off work with no wind! Yesterday was 8° with a 30 MPH wind! Last year, I was working up here in late March and early April and some farmers were planting corn starting April 7th! There's still frost in the ground now. Of course the farmer's crops were ruined by the drought last summer but they didn't have problems with the temps after planting that early. Just no rain after such a promising start. The weatherman is calling for warmer temps starting in early April. And they even hinted at more precipitation this year. I hope so because we wanted to kayak down the Spoon River but it was so dry, so soon, that it would have been more of a hiking trip.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Central Louisiana Veterans Cemetery today and registered for internment there when that time comes. There are after all many more days behind than there are ahead. I hope I don't have to make another trip to town and back before the first of the month. I'm pretty low on gas. With that minor chore done I went to my fathers place and had lunch with him. Chicken pies, mashed potatoes, corn, broccoli and some small potatoes about the size of walnuts. I then talked him into letting me have his Blue-Ray player. He's had it for a couple of years and never once opened the box. It was one of those things my mother bought on QVC. She was always buying stuff just to be shopping. I have it hooked up here and it works great! Very little done on the layout today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3057.jpg
 
Good Morning

Gonna be a somewhat sunny/cloudy sorta kinda day here high near 32 expected...

Had a good day yesterday..managed to find a few boxcars of the correct vintage to make up a string of graincars 35 cars long...tying that lot to 3 RS2's oughta look good on my layout...

Today? A quiet day is planned....no runnin' 'roun' doin' stuff...hopefully, that is....
 


G'morning, clear and 31* here in central MD. Not too fond of the lingering winter, but hey, at least it delays when I have to dig out the ol' lawn mower! Wish I could say I'll be headed to the train room, but not today. This for me is the Most Feared Saturday of the calendar year - doing my taxes!:eek: Ever since my wife increased her work hours to help cover the cost of our children's educations in 2008, that pushed us over the threshold where we are no longer eligible to take certain deductions like we did before. As a result, we have always owed money to the guv'mint since then:mad:! Oh well, at least there we have some money set aside for this so it won't bankrupt us. A few more hours and it'll be over, then back to trains!:D
 
G'morning, clear and 31* here in central MD. Not too fond of the lingering winter, but hey, at least it delays when I have to dig out the ol' lawn mower! Wish I could say I'll be headed to the train room, but not today. This for me is the Most Feared Saturday of the calendar year - doing my taxes!:eek: Ever since my wife increased her work hours to help cover the cost of our children's educations in 2008, that pushed us over the threshold where we are no longer eligible to take certain deductions like we did before. As a result, we have always owed money to the guv'mint since then:mad:! Oh well, at least there we have some money set aside for this so it won't bankrupt us. A few more hours and it'll be over, then back to trains!:D

I detest tax day:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:! I decided to get it out of the way a month ago. What I don't understand is how I can owe so much now that I'm retired when I was always getting back, when I was working. I believe I got it right this year as I only had to pay a hundred bucks this time, as opposed to a couple of thousand the last couple of years.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

In any event, It's Saturday!!!!! It's 30° F and clear in Central Jersey.

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Joe
 
Good morning, America! It's a veritable heatwave this morning, only 22° with a wind chill of 13°! I took the hood off of my Carhart coat a couple of days ago and so far I haven't regretted it. I could get laid off Saturday or Sunday or it could be Tuesday or even Wednesday ........really hard to tell. Then a trip to the Union hall to turn in my Steward reports and find out what I'll be doing at the next job. Got to call my wife and then get some sleep.
 
Good morning. It's 60° with 100% humidity. The high will be 75° and there's a fair chance of getting wet.
cond50.jpg


No hard and fast plans today. I might do some cleanup work on the layout later. Otherwise it's looking like stay off the feet kind of day.

DSCN2795.jpg
 


Good Evening..

Well...I had visions of working away in my trainroom today but wifey needed a 'couple of things done'.:rolleyes:..turned out to be several:mad:...and I'm not even finished.:mad:..tomorrow we go to church and then finish off the tax return and do some more stuff:mad:...dang it...:mad::eek:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top