ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Warm & wonderful 36 right now, going up to 48 today
Tomorrow, rain & sn*w , high of 30
It's the first day of Spring??
Hey, That's backwards!!

pppfffft.
Sunny and 20F feeling like 5F....yay.
Good morning. It's 48° with 93% humidity. The high will be 70°.
Well we got a lot of lightning, thunder and showers last night. Didn't sound like much wind though. Today I'm going to try cleaning up the layout some more. I almost have the extension cleared of clutter.
Happy first day of spring. Its was about zero with the wind chill this aftermoon.I got to spend it outside temporarily repairing an electrical plug with about 20 wires that got ripped apart so I could get a machine running to get it off of a lowboy. Even for Iowa these temparatures lately have been a bit on the ridiculous side. I think we normally have 40's this time of year, and last year at this time it was in the 70's.
Gonna be a low of 42 tonight. No mention of rain. Went to my fathers place tonight for dinner. Chili dogs with pepper-jack and cheddar cheese and onion. I had four, he got through three and a half. Probably going to need to double the insulin tonight.
I salvaged a pair of spark arrestors from a Proto 2000 SW9 and put them on my Athearn KCS 4331 SW1500. I also got a little more cleaning up done on the layout. I can actually see the front of the firehouse now!
Jeffrey:
Love that Balmer, Merlin fire house. needs a Seagrave 85' tillered truck, and a 750gpm pumper both white and gold lettering.
It's 41° and cloudy right now, and they are threatening snow. It's almost bed time, which may be deayed by a Black Hawks, Ducks game on TV.
Sleep well. y'all. Tomorrow's another day.
Joe
Good Morning...
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.
It's Thursday, March 21, 2013
TIPTON IN[/QUOTE]
Good Morning
We had an all day sun yesterday...wonderful but cold, as per usual this time of year.

Today will feature more cloud than sun and our usual ....snowflurries...sigh
Yesterday was an...ermm...how do you call it...oh...an 'interesting day

...another brokenpipeville kinda day

...this time at work...in our basement...where we park our cars

...thankfully it only got to 6" deep there

...but it was interesting getting the cars out of there...and to find parking for them...
Today? More report writing and confusion as well...oh well...


Good morning. It's 45° with 74% humidity. The high will be 68°. What the heck happened to spring!
Gonna try again today to do more cleanup on the layout. It's looking better. No other plans at this time.
Now that it's spring......the weather is colder than ever......about 25* today......shivers! We've had another mild winter just like last year........not much snow......never got down to zero*F. Great but it needs to warm up NOW. 60-65* would be fine. Definitely don't need 80* for a couple months. Whom ever's supposed to be watching the thermostat needs to get back on the job.

Railfan- will you quit letting that cold air slip south?
Central Alabama got in to the 20's this morning!
I guess the good thing is that we will not have to start cutting grass until after Easter.
I was hoping to chase a couple trains on Saturday, but the weather guessers are saying rain and windy.

Good Evening...
Well, another action packed day is at an end...finally managed to get most of the reports done and properly collated..so I be ready to go home now....
Catch ya'll later!!
Gomez Addams
Staff member
It's sunny right now, with zero chance of precipitation of any kind.
So what genius thought it would be a good idea to dump tanker trucks full of salt on all the roads???
Yeah, it snowed less than an inch last night, by 9am this morning it all melted. Meanwhile the city crew spread enough salt on our street for a month of snowstorms. The guy who plows our parking spaces also way over did the salt.

Yeah, it snowed less than an inch last night, by 9am this morning it all melted. Meanwhile the city crew spread enough salt on our street for a month of snowstorms. The guy who plows our parking spaces also way over did the salt.
all i know is the morning , it was cool a stiff breeze , thank god it warmed up , CLOSE THAT DOOR!!!!!!!!!

Weather guesser says it'll be 55 tonight with a 20% chance of rain. Bit warmer than last night. I got a little more work done on the layout. Not as much as I would have liked. Today it was my own physical limitations that got in the way. My knee is still hurting and I couldn't keep my weight on it for long. After it was hurting bad enough that I just said the heck with it and stayed off my feet the rest of the day.
Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.
Good Morning...
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.
It's Friday, March 22, 2013
TIPTON IN
Well-Known Member
Staff member
Oh! now!That looks a much more enjoyable cup o' coffee Bill.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)