ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Trackside vehicle dealership....on glowing white landscape.
Just made it to work after travelling 1 lane all the way and passing a 4 car pileup. We had about 3 feet of snow still on the ground, and now we are getting another 6 inches. Last year on April 1st I was outside doing yardwork. Not gonna happen this year....more time for trains I guess.
holy crap we just had our first thunderstorm wow !!!
Trackside vehicle dealership....on glowing white landscape.
Well that's better than an on-track scrap iron sale!
*
holy crap we just had our first thunderstorm wow !!!
We may be in line for one of those along about Friday.
Well as usual my chances of getting any layout work done this morning were doomed. I had only time to take a couple of photos before my father called with plans that seemed like good things to do. I got home a little after 11am and now due to little sleep last night I don't feel like doing anything. I did get a halfway descent shot this morning. It's a side of Ezra's Exxon that's rarely seen.
Right now it's 50* degrees at 6:15pm. This morning the high was predicted to be 38*. I've noticed for the last month or so something a bit strange. Usual daily temps will be mostly in the 30's and 40's......then in the late afternoon/early evening the temperature will spike up to 50* to 60* degrees at around 5-6pm. Sometimes it will stay warm until 9 or 10pm....then go back down in the 30's. This happens 3 or 4 days a week lately. Seems kind of unusual for the high temp of the day to be in the evening?....don't you think? (hears music from twilight zone)
Mike
Well due to not much sleep last night I've been running on empty since early this afternoon and really didn't feel like doing anything. I'm hoping I get a good nights sleep tonight. Very little done on the layout today.
Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.
Good Morning...
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.
It's Tuesday, March 19, 2013
TIPTON IN
Good morning. It's 50° with 89% humidity. The high will be 75°.
It'll be nice enough today but looks like we might get some rain tonight. Well today I'll attempt once again to get more of the layout cleaned up. But I know that just as sure as I have both hands full of stuff the fucockamamy phone is gonna ring. If it isn't my father it'll probably be some loan company wanting me to take a loan with them or a pizza place advertising their newest sale or some other worthless crap. At least I got about six hours of sleep. I'm still a bit tired but I don't feel worn out like I did last night.
Hey! Somebody has a lot of faith in their VW Samba but somehow I don't think this is gonna work out!
Good morning, America! Just got done walking the one and a quarter miles from the break room to the parking lot after getting off work this morning. I snapped the hood on my Carhart coat yesterday before walking in to work..........the first time all winter! It was 15° when I got back to my room this morning. Tonight, it's supposed to be 13°!!! Somebody forgot to tell the weatherman that Spring is due very shortly. Hope this makes sense. I need to get to sleep.........these 12 hour days take a lot out of you.
Good Morning:
It's 39° and overcast in Central Jersey. We had a lot of rain overnight, but no snow or ice.

.
Once I get organized, I will spend time in the garage going through stuff I brought down from the attic. Lot to shred and dispose of.
Have a great day.
Joe
Good morning folks.
It's February around here I guess. It snows a few inches, then gets really cold and blows 30mph. Our average high is 40ish right now so it's starting to get annoying. I keep looking at the ten day forecast, hoping for signs of spring.
I'm also getting impatient waiting for the close on our house. I think I have my savings spent ten different ways with things I want to upgrade and purchase!

I need to slow down and remember that I bought this house with the thought that I'll live in it for quite some time. I have plenty of time to redo the entire house if I wish.
With my obsession with all things home related, my trains are being neglected. I need to do one last photo shoot, just in case this layout doesn't actually get reassembled in the new place. I would like to modify and redo part of it but I know there won't be any money for that for quite some time. I better just hope it comes apart and goes back together as planned.
Other than that I don't know much. It's slow at work so the boss is getting squirrely. Better get back to work.
Have a good day everyone.
Looks like somebody got the message that the Samba wasn't going to cut the mustard. Now they're ready to go places.
It's gonna be 50 tonight with a possible 50% chance of rain. I got more stuff off the layout today and the phone didn't ring ONCE! Bad thing is I haven't gotten off the extension yet. There's still the east side on the main part of the layout and there's a bunch of stuff under the layout. I also managed to twist my left knee a bit and mow it's aching. The consist of four FP7's is doing so well I'm thinking about moving one of the other two consists back to the display rack. But which one? The F unit Frankenlocos or the GP7's and the GP35 Frankenloco? They all run great but each consist not being used takes up a siding or spur where I could store something else.
Well look at the time. I need to wrap this up and call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.
Just rolled this out of the paint shop tonight, (gets weathered tomorrow) Runs great, looks fine, I think I'll keep this one.

Like it Karl, good work.
Joe
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 45.
Good Morning...
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.
It's Wednesday, March 20, 2013
TIPTON IN
Happy First Day of Spring!



!
It's a sunny 32° this morning in Central Jersey.
Enjoy today!
Happy First Day of Spring!



!
It's a sunny 32° this morning in Central Jersey.
Enjoy today!
It's FIVE DEGREES here in beautiful Minnesota!

BOOOOO!!!!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)