Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Morning

All kinds of slop and goop out there this morning...we had some freezing drizzle and rain earlier ...now it is just good old drizzle...winds expected later on today...

Going out a little later to meet the gang at our usual hangout...then off to see what is on sale at WallyWorld...
 
The high temp for today here is supposed to be 45*......but it's already 53*. Sun is shining bright on south side of sky......dark and ugly storm clouds on the north. Wind is blowing. I like the warm.......don't like the wind.
 
Good afternoon. It's 50° here with 100% humidity. It's cloudy with a 70% chance of rain. The high will be 58°.
cond005.gif


We had another big storm slam through around 3:00 - 3:30 am. Lots of lightning and thunder and lots of rain. Since the several others have come through and I can see more on the way on the radar map. Cable internet service has been down more than up today. I don't know why I keep paying for it. I'm definitely not getting my moneys worth. I've been at my fathers place most all day so far. We had breakfast in New Llano at the Waffle Shoppe and now he's working on lunch. So far I've seen cabbage, bacon, onions and peppers. I peeled the onions and cooked the bacon while he cut up the cabbage and peppers. Then he started on cutting up the onions when I was getting on this old computer I have here.

There's another storm coming so I have to get out of here.
 


More rain tonight and it's looking like still more tomorrow. Calling it a night. It's been a busy day for me. I fixed quite a few things today, none of them mine. See y'all tomorrow.

PIC_0078.jpg
 
Good morning. It's 50° with 100% humidity. Very cloudy with lots of rain. The high will be 65°.
cond100.jpg


Why am I up so early? I was never down. Certain side effects of some of my meds have kept me on the run to then throne room all night. Maybe I can get some sleep later.

No plans for today.

P1012660.jpg
 
Good Morning:

It's 39° F in Howell, NJ and for now, it's sunny. Forecast is 44°, sunny, and breezy.

Have to take the other car in for service this morning, and later on Miss Molly, the cat goes in for her annual check-up and shots. Good Golly!

Have a great day!

Joe
 
Morning from soggy Central Alabama. Its been raining here since Saturday night. This is one of the wettest winters we've had in a long time. So far this year I've recorded 13.5" of rain. Since Dec1 we've had about 30" of rain!

Seems like we've had more flash flood watches and warnings in the past 2 months than we had in the entire past year. Maybe this is a sign that the drought that has affected large parts of Alabama and Georgia is finally going to break.

Got a couple of guys coming over today. One needs some new light bulbs for a P2K U-30, I'm gonna try to convince him to use LEDs instead. The other one smoked a Tsunami and needs me to straighten out the mess he created on a brass CoG Big Apple 4-8-4. I'll probably just replace it with a plain decoder.
 
Good Morning

Welb..we are back to our usual dull dull dull dull days again...several dull days are forecast for us..winter can go now...really...

Today I have to go find something for Audrey...Valentine' Day ....yay....

See what other type of mischief I can get into as well..

Have a great day!!!
 
Got a couple of guys coming over today. One needs some new light bulbs for a P2K U-30, I'm gonna try to convince him to use LEDs instead. The other one smoked a Tsunami and needs me to straighten out the mess he created on a brass CoG Big Apple 4-8-4. I'll probably just replace it with a plain decoder.

Still carrying the broom & dustpan for everyone eh? The nice thing about a toasted Tsunami (besides the aroma) is that they'll fix it for about sixty bucks. Guess how I know this :).
 


Looks like the major storm front has blown itself out but there's still some small pockets of rain coming through here. We still have a 50% chance of rain today. The weather guesser is saying the high will be 62°. Looks like I should be getting a couple of DZ125 decoders today. I'm hoping a box of stuff from Canada will come in soon too.

I haven't had anything to eat today. My guts are still twisted in knots from spending most of last night and this morning on the throne. Darn meds and their side effects! Seems like the side effects are worse than the conditions the meds are supposed to help correct.
 
Still carrying the broom & dustpan for everyone eh? The nice thing about a toasted Tsunami (besides the aroma) is that they'll fix it for about sixty bucks. Guess how I know this :).

Better hurry up and install em as soon as you buy one, cuz 1 day after the warranty is after the warranty, they don't care if the Tsunami has been on your bench for months while you waited for another part to arrive.
Guess how I know this.:(
 
Well I'm having a little more trouble than usual with my balance. Just means I have to be very careful when walking. I feel much better than I did last night at this time. Maybe tonight I'll be able to get some sleep.

I didn't get anything done on the layout today as I was taking it easy and trying to keep things from getting any worse than they were this morning.

It's time to call it a night so I'll see y'all tomorrow. No rain tonight. How about that?

P1012644.jpg
 
Good Morning:

It's 28° and Sunny in Jersey this morning.

Have a lot to do, preparing for a quick trip to Tennessee to see our new granddaughter Anna Marie.

Hopefully, the weather will be kind as we pass through the mountains.

As already mentioned, it's also Ash Wednesday. I personally look at this season as a time to look at and improve ourselves.

Have an enjoyable day.

Joe
 
Good morning. It's 45° with 90% humidity. It's cloudy this morning but will be clearing later. The high will be 58°. Somebody up north left the door again.
condmc-1.jpg


Well I had a descent nights sleep and I feel much better than I did yesterday. Today I may get a chance to change out the decoders on a couple of locos. They have Bachmann decoders and I'd like to upgrade them Digitrax. Now the question is do I use my two DZ125's I just got or do I wait a bit longer for some DHWH harnesses I have coming and use a couple of DH123's I've had laying around for quite a while? Decisions, decisions.

P1012654.jpg
 
Well for right now, he says he's through with sound. He's found that, just like me, sound gives him a bad headache after about 10 minutes. I have only one loco with sound, and I'm beginning to think that that's one too many.

Still carrying the broom & dustpan for everyone eh? The nice thing about a toasted Tsunami (besides the aroma) is that they'll fix it for about sixty bucks. Guess how I know this :).

Lol! Yes, I'm still doing that Alan. It seems that I'm becoming the DCC/Sound guy for almost everyone around here. I don't mind that at all, as it gives me something to do other than build/paint cars, locos, and the layout.
 


good morning & that door that someone up north left open lol the cold is heading our way after it hits jeff but right now its muggy & sunny
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top