Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning. It's 49° with 99% humidity. The high will be 75°.
pcloudy-1.jpg


The plan for today is to mow the grass. With all the rain we've had lately it's growing by leaps and bounds and will be out of control if it's not cut soon. I don't anticipate getting much else done today.

DSCN3444.jpg
 
Today it was supposed to be 60*. Just after 2pm now its only 54*......but it's sunny......and I guess if you wanted to be outside it's still pretty nice.

I'm on a diet to lose weight. A bit difficult to do......but I go on walks every day. I have one small yogurt in the morning......some fruit juice......and only half a sandwich for supper. No snacks ever. And always keep walking. Have done this before with great results.
 


I'm on a diet to lose weight. A bit difficult to do......but I go on walks every day. I have one small yogurt in the morning......some fruit juice......and only half a sandwich for supper. No snacks ever. And always keep walking. Have done this before with great results.
Bad thing is your body will become accustomed to that and you'll start having weight gain problems again believe it or not. The best strategy is to keep changing up. I saw it several times with my mother and my older sister as they tried some strict diets. They worked at first and they saw no reason to change anything and kept eating the same things day after day. Guess what? Their bodies adjusted! They started gaining weight again. It wasn't until they started mixing it up, eat one thing one day, something else the next day and yet something else the next day and in different amounts. Doing that they lost the weight successfully.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got the grass mowed today. That's $30 in my pocket. This morning I found an old 3D Pinball game on my old 80G WinXP drive (now an external USB/EIDE data storage drive). I set up a shortcut so I can access it from my start page. It's a 32 bit program and it had a couple of minor hiccups running under 64 bit but I was able to reconfigure it successfully. I played it several times before I shut everything down and took off to cut the grass. We had a power failure this afternoon about 4:40. A large pine tree fell across the road about a quarter mile from here, about halfway between here and the Spillway Park and took the power lines down with it. The power was out an hour and a half. Once the line crew got on scene they had the lines back up in record time. My computer was on at the time the power went out. It took a little while to restart later but it did restart without incident. I guess it had a real mess to clean up as I had been online at the time with eleven tabs open. I did lose a little unsaved information but that was to be expected.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3318.jpg
 
Ahhh now! Is that a cup half empty....Or a cup half full? Be careful how you answer Bill, 'cause it could reveal your state of mind. Hmmmmm?
 
Greetings from Howell, NJ! Happy Sunday!

It's 38° this morning, and it's supposed to be a "spring like" day with sun and a high of 59°. Things are looking up!

I severed the connection from my main train board, and the newest extension. The switch has been removed, and it's back to the drawing board.
Operations wise, I'm now back to operating an "out and back".

Meanwhile, I need to begin using the inventory program I downloaded, and follow Jeffrey's advice and put the excess cars away.

Have a great day.

Joe
 


Good morning. It's 59° with 99% humidity. It will be cloudy with a high of 75°.
condmc-1.jpg


No plans for today except to relax and take it easy. My sinuses are being a real pain today. I've already had one coughing fit so bad I had muscle cramps around my sternum. Man that hurts! I may get around to running some trains later.

DSCN3297.jpg
 
68* somewhat sunny, partially cloudy too......here in land of the pygmy hoodoo munchkin zombie shoppers. :)

Fell off my diet already and ordered one of dirkos awesome small pepperoni pizzas for supper last night. Got some smoked swiss cheese too. Though I did adjust my portion size prudently. :rolleyes:
 
Fell off my diet already and ordered one of dirkos awesome small pepperoni pizzas for supper last night. Got some smoked swiss cheese too. Though I did adjust my portion size prudently. :rolleyes:
Diets are so easy to lose control of. There's so much tempting food out there.

*

Didn't get much sleep last night due to sinus trouble. Maybe I'll have better luck tonight. Been busy with a few things outside today and I'm tired. So I will be calling it a night a bit early. See y'all tomorrow.

And yes, this loco is still not patched.
DSCN3289.jpg
 
Diets are so easy to lose control of. There's so much tempting food out there.

*

Didn't get much sleep last night due to sinus trouble. Maybe I'll have better luck tonight. Been busy with a few things outside today and I'm tired. So I will be calling it a night a bit early. See y'all tomorrow.

And yes, this loco is still not patched.
DSCN3289.jpg
Jeffrey, can you please tell me about that yellow union pacific F-unit? I would like to know....is it F3 or F7 or FP7? It kind of looks longer like FP7. What hobby brand or maker? Aproximatley when was it made?

Although I use N scale stuff.......sometimes I feel like collecting some nice HO F-units because the design and detail looks much better in larger size!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning:

It is 54° and overcast at 0847. The temp is supposed to reach 70° later today. Looks like Spring is finally here. :D:D:D:D:D!

I think it's time to get off my butt and out of my rutt :eek:. I have loads of things to do - outdoor and indoor, as well as removing the remanent of my disconnected layout extension. Turned out my ideas were just too big for the space available.:confused::rolleyes:.

Have a great day!

Joe
 
Jeffrey, can you please tell me about that yellow union pacific F-unit? I would like to know....is it F3 or F7 or FP7? It kind of looks longer like FP7. What hobby brand or maker? Aproximatley when was it made?

Although I use N scale stuff.......sometimes I feel like collecting some nice HO F-units because the design and detail looks much better in larger size!
It's an Atlas/Roco FP7 made in the late 70's/early 80's.

*

Good morning. It's 66° with 94% humidity. It will be cloudy with a high of 80°.

I'll probably clean up part of the layout today but will relax the rest of the day. My sinuses are still making themselves well known.

DSCN3288.jpg
 
It's an Atlas/Roco FP7 made in the late 70's/early 80's.

*

Good morning. It's 66° with 94% humidity. It will be cloudy with a high of 80°.

I'll probably clean up part of the layout today but will relax the rest of the day. My sinuses are still making themselves well known.

DSCN3288.jpg
soo it finally made it to the paint shop ???:confused:
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top