Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning. It's 57° with 100% humidity with patchy fog. It'll be cloudy with a high of 72°.
condmc-1.jpg


I don't see what's so bad about the weather today. It's almost like a spring day here.:cool: I imagine the guys up north are yelling at me to shut up about this time.:D Nothing special planned for today. Last night just for the heck of it I fitted a second headlight lens into a Bachmann FT shell. Just another of those strange things I do for fun.:rolleyes:

DSCN3081.jpg
 
Jeffrey, good job on the second headlamp.

It's warmed up to 12° and it's sunny. No plans outdoors so a good day to work on my Whitehall Station.

Time for the daily meds.

Joe
 
:D10* here in upstate NY. Might reach 15* today, but the lake effect snow will top that. Have 12" already, and can barely see across the street. Reminds me of a story I might post later, especially for blackz28's benefit. ;):D:cool:


sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif
i wait with baited breathe :D
 


Jeffery- I finally got time to check out STONEY MOUNTAIN CLASSIC CASTINGS website. They have a nice selection of HO resin vehicles.

A little pricey to buy very many at a time, but I may get a couple to showcase certain scenes.

Thanks for the info!
 
i wait with baited breathe

I'm sorry blackz28, let your breath out. I couldn't get into my old website, as that had the original text i needed. :mad::o Don't know if I have it tucked away in an old drive file or not. Anyways, stay warm.

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif
 


Good evening from Coarsegold in Central Calif,
It's been Rainy and overcast most of the day and light rain again now.


Say Jeffrey, Like Rex I haven't been on the forum in awhile and wanted to also express my sympathy in the loss of your Mother.


Black Z, I posted some info about the MTH stuff I have available in you the other post about the ridiculous prices you might find to your liking.

Have a good day tomorrow.
 
Good morning. It's 59° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be cloudy with a high of 75°.
condmc-1.jpg


I have a freight train running this morning so my SW1500 KCS 4331 can have a good run. It's on the head end followed by a GP7 (L&A 116), F unit slug (TEBU 007), GP35 Frankenstein L&A ?? and a GP7S (L&A 192) and a string of cars that stretches halfway around the layout. Normally I don't run more than four locos at once but the KCS unit doesn't get run much so I made an exception.

No plans for today.

DSCN3084.jpg
 
Today didn't get off to the best start, but I did get to work a branchline freight on my layout late this morning. Now that lunch is over, I'm going to re-arrange the stage, and work on a structure project.

Have a good afternoon.

Joe
 
Been a quiet day here at the ol' homestead. Hadn't been able to work on the layout in several months, so again, its become a catch-all. Gotta clean stuff off of it, under it, and around it. Ugh.

We did kinda dodge a bullet today. Earlier in the week they were forecasting a wintry mix for us today. Fortunately our temps were in the 60's and the ice that had been forecast up to a couple of days ago, never materialized. The cold front that was supposed to bring it in, is just now getting here. Unfortunately, since it wasn't here, it hit elsewhere. Parts of TN, GA, NC & SC, has caught the brunt of it. I wish you guys luck with it. The weather forecast for early next week shows temps maybe into the 70's, until midweek. Then possible severe, and then a sharp temperature drop into the 30's and 40's for highs. Ugh, again!
 


Just looked at the NWS Local Forecast. NWS predicts a low of 15° for tonight, and shows the current temperature as 10°. Opps! and the night ain't over yet. we had a dusting of snow this evening, maybe 1" to 2" tops. Just enough to be annoying. The storm moved off the coast sooner than expected and it cleared up. In any event, it is supposed to war up after monday, then get super cold again Friday, in time for the Timonium (MD) train show.:).

The Devils won their third straight tonight at the Rock. After the game I assembled wall units for the Whitehall station. The structure it self should be finished tomorrow. There is the interior, the roof and the platforms to finish in between games.

Have a good evening!

Joe
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top