ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Running Bear, you have my sympathies.
My condolences and prayers to you, and your family Jeffery. She is at peace now, and we all will be here when you are ready, or need to talk. Take care, and God Bless.
Good morning. It's 38° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be cloudy with a high of 68°.
I went to the hospital last night with my nephew to be with the rest of the family beside my mothers death bed. It would be my last time to see her. From there she was picked up and transported to the crematorium. Later today we'll be clearing out her room at the nursing home. We still have to consider what to do with her belongings. The house is loaded with antiques. She was an avid collector of antiques. She also kept nearly every book she ever bought. There's tons of them in the library in the old half of the house. But the hobby she dearly loved was ... wait for it ... shopping! Especially for clothes! The closets are loaded with clothes she bought. Most of them have never been worn and still have the tags on. She never intended to wear them. She bought them simply for the joy of buying them. Why not? She had the money to afford it. Me, I'm poor as dirt. She owned a lot of the property out here. Oh, and Imelda Marcos thought she had tons of shoes? There's enough shoes down there to supply shoe stores in five states! With all that stuff Helping Hands, The Salvation Army and wherever else we take it all to are going to be beside themselves with joy! They'll probably have to close for a week to inventory it all! That is after the family picks through it all. If it isn't electronic or doesn't have flanged wheels I don't want it.
No layout plans for today.
Jeffrey, I'm sorry for your loss.
Jeffery- Please accept my deepest sympathies.
I still catch myself saying, "I need to show this to Mom."
Check all the books and cards and letters she kept.
I found several hundred dollars "squirreled away" in my mother's things. It all went into the estate.
jeffery sorry to hear r.i.p.
My thoughts are with you today Jeffrey.
Sorry for your loss Jeffrey.
Well today we got my mothers room at the nursing home cleared out. That's been about the extent of my day.
Jeffery,
I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing. You have my deepest sympathy.
Glenn
Sorry for your loss of your mother, Jeffrey. please accept our condolences.
Thanks to all for the condolences, prayers and good thoughts. It's much appreciated.
Well, it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.
Good Morning...
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.
It's Tuesday, January 22, 2013
TIPTON
Good morning folks.
Someone left the door open to the arctic cold! We had a high of -2 yesterday with wind chills of -34. It's currently -8 right now. This isn't abnormal temps for this time of year but it's been warmer the past few years so I think we're getting soft!
Nothing much going on with my trains. I pause to look at them when I walk past and that's about it. I need to buy a house so I can start dreaming of expanding the layout!
Have a good day everyone.
Good morning. It's 37° with 85% humidity. There will be clouds and a high of 62°.
Got up this morning feeling out of sorts. I'm having trouble concentrating on anything as my mind keeps jumping from one thing to another. I can't think about any one thing I want to do today.
No plans for anything layout related except to put away a few locos I got down to take photos of.
Test ran my Proto 2000 SW9/1200 this morning and found that the front wheels weren't turning. A quick tear down revealed that the end of the drive shaft was stripped so the flywheel was just spinning on the shaft. Well I have no use for the switcher anyway so now I have some parts for another project.
Jeffery- your green car looks like a Nash.
Is it a cast resin vehicle?
I have not seen many of the old cast resin cars and trucks lately.
I use to be able to get a wide variety of 40's and 50's vehicles and paint them the colors i wanted.
Do you have a current source for them?
Jeffery- your green car looks like a Nash.
Is it a cast resin vehicle?
They're all resin castings. I picked them up on Ebay for next to nothing. They were in grab bags from Stoney Mountain Classic Castings. They're all bad castings. I think there were ten to a bag.
Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.
Jeffery- thanks for the info!
I'll check it out.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)