Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Talk about a dose of reality! The temps had been in the 40's and high 50's for several days. Got rid of the snow and was getting used to the spring like weather. Today's high was a whopping 20° with a wind chill of 9°! Had freezing rain for several hours last night and a dusting of new snow to slap us in the face. The temperature never got above 20° today.:mad:

I did assemble my first building from a lazer cut wood kit....... http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Branchline-N-Laser-Art-Structure-Kit-Outbuildings-p/bra-850.htm. I did the chicken coop first because it was relatively simple and a good piece to practice on. I can hear you laughing!:p

I know it isn't a hard one but it sure is small, it'll fit on a nickel. I got the walls glued together for the main barn and will work on it some more tomorrow. I will post some pictures of these kits when I get them done if they turn out decent. One thing, at least I'll have a start on some scraps for my scrap pile for future projects. It was enjoyable.
 
Talk about a dose of reality! The temps had been in the 40's and high 50's for several days. Got rid of the snow and was getting used to the spring like weather. Today's high was a whopping 20° with a wind chill of 9°! Had freezing rain for several hours last night and a dusting of new snow to slap us in the face. The temperature never got above 20° today.:mad:

I did assemble my first building from a lazer cut wood kit....... http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Branchline-N-Laser-Art-Structure-Kit-Outbuildings-p/bra-850.htm. I did the chicken coop first because it was relatively simple and a good piece to practice on. I can hear you laughing!:p

I know it isn't a hard one but it sure is small, it'll fit on a nickel. I got the walls glued together for the main barn and will work on it some more tomorrow. I will post some pictures of these kits when I get them done if they turn out decent. One thing, at least I'll have a start on some scraps for my scrap pile for future projects. It was enjoyable.
Bob, I hate winter too. :( But those branchline kits I think I would like. They look great.



Mike
 
Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Monday, January 14, 2013

Morning_Coffee.png


VEEDERSBURG_DEPOT.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning, or afternoon as the case may be. It's 33° with 100% humidity and it's very wet. There's a high chance of rain. The high will be 35°.
cond80.jpg


It's been raining all morning. Nothing heavy, just slow and steady. Looks like we're in for this most of the week.

Nothing layout related on the schedule today. I don't even want to look at it. I'm out of supplies anyway so what's the point.

DSCN2987.jpg
 
man is it ever going to stop raining around you !?????, at least you got a layout to work on, i gotta wait till we get a house :(
 
Good Afternoon

Seems like it's cold everywhere but the Northeast today. Temp is up to 57º right now, but supposed to drop once the colder air gets here. Looking at some nasty rain/sleet/snow over the next 3 days.

Working with Walthers LW passenger cars is always an adventure. I replaced the 10-5 sleeper on my "train" with a Plan 4140, 10-6, and now the diner won't stay coupled in a spot where undesired train separation has never been an issue. I have one pack of Kadee 146 whisker couplers left, so the diner gets new couplers.

Have a good day.

Joe
 
man is it ever going to stop raining around you !?????, at least you got a layout to work on, i gotta wait till we get a house :(
As far as the rain, I've been asking myself the same question. Will it ever end? Now while I have a layout working on it is probably the farthest thing from my mind. I don't have anything to work on right now so I see no point in working on it. Until I can get some supplies there's no reason and with my tiny income money for said supplies will be long in coming.
 
Lots of rain showers today. Powers been flickering and internet service has been up and down, more down than up all day. Looks like we have a good chance for freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning then rain all day tomorrow. The forecast I looked at a little while ago indicates we may be clear by Thursday. God I hope so. I'm so tired of rain, rain, rain all the time. This weather pretty much matches my mood and has me so depressed I don't want to do anything.

Normally I'd work on the layout but I don't want to do that either. I haven't touched anything on it for two days now. Last thing I worked on was the GP40/AS16 thing I was messing with.

Well guess I better post this while I still can. Be back tomorrow if I can.

DSCN2848.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today turned out to be clean-up day on my work bench........tossed a half dozen failed projects that have been sitting taking up space, some since 2011.

Now, I have room to work on things I really need to complete. Maybe, I'll find some lost tools.

Joe
 


Evening all...Housing situation looks like it's coming to an end. We made an offer on a house. No train room, but plans to create something is in the works.

FAIL!!:D

Good morning folks.

We have a warm up for a few days then a plunge into real January temps next week. I believe I saw a high of 2 one of those days!

Since I haven't been working on my layout lately I've been scratching my head, thinking of things to do. I think I've decided to add cheap interiors to some of my buildings. Misterbeasley, on the MR forums, has had some nice looking results with just printing basic interior pictures and gluing them to foam walls. I think I'll give that a try to see what I come up with. I don't have the patience to create actual detailed interiors so this will be better than nothing. If nothing else, it will give me some time on the layout.

We're heading into the slow time at work and the new owners are losing their minds! I've repeatedly warned them about this time of year but they think they're special and won't have the slow down that EVERY store has this time of year.:rolleyes: I've also received our goals for the new year which would represent a 40% increase in sales over the previous owners last full year of ownership! Talk about shooting for the stars. I foresee much gnashing of teeth and needless soul searching in the coming months.

Oh well, time to get to work and work on that ridiculous goal.

Have a good day everyone.
 
Good Morning!

The January Thaw has ended. Jersey is back into the 30s, and someone mentioned that "S" word for tomorrow. Ha Ha!

More work bench cleanup is in order for today, along with some household maintenance.

I did manage to repair and restore a Athearn RTR GP 35, that runs ok, but needs some CV tweaking.

Have a good day.
 
Good morning. It's 31° with 100% humidity and (you guessed it) rain. Thee]re's freezing rain this morning and showers this afternoon. The high will be 32°.
cond70.jpg


Rain, rain, rain. PLEASE! GO AWAY!! Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hatting my roof. And more rain throughout the day! Will it never end? Give me a break!

I guess more more movie watching for today and I don't know what else.

P1010007-18.jpg
 
My father and I went to town earlier. First stop was the nursing home to visit my mother. She's a little better today which isn't saying much. She was alert and at least knew we were there. My younger sister and her other half are supposed to be coming down from Pennsylvania and her daughter will be coming from Colorado to pay her a visit. Time is short and they won't be getting many chances.

From there we went to Captain D's for lunch then to Wal-Mart then back home.

That so far has been the extent of my day.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top