Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I've been home about 3 hrs, and it wasn't snowing at all when I got home, there's now about 3.5 inches out there, no signs of stopping. There's 3 signs that this storm is here for awhile
1. The plows stopped plowing, they are waiting for it to end or the buses start to run in the morning.
2. The 3 day forecast is full of snow.
3. I can hear snowmobiles, and if we have a delay tommorow, I'll be tearing up the yard too.

Low of 16 tonight, high of 20 tommorow, mostly all snow. Not expecting any snowdays/delays though :(

Terry- Your a better man then I, if i'd had something like that happen, I'd have to step out of the room and cool down for a moment before coming back to trains. Why did you have to de-thaw the locks, were they in storage or there for post-season repairs?

Anybody have a set of handrails for an Athearn BB SW1500? Preferably NS or other black roadname that they'd be willing to seperate with?
 
Why did you have to de-thaw the locks, were they in storage or there for post-season repairs?
It rained and snowed for the last two days, and all that water got into the locks and froze. They're for sale, and people need to be able to get into them. Yes, we sold two trailers Saturday, both Airstreams, and the people are coming tomorrow to pick up one, and Thursday to pick up the other. One was $38,000, the other was $56,200. Somebody has money, it's just not me...
 
Well, I spent my day going around the lot thawing door locks on RVs. It got up to 32 today, early in the morning, and the temp has steadily declined since. Oh, and the wind is blowing about 40mph from the North across the open lot where all these trailers are parked. And of course, all the trailer doors are on the North side of the trailers. At 5 O'clock, the service manager walked up to me and asked me why I hadn't gotten any of my work done. I marched his happy little tush outside, and started walking him across the lot, showing him each and every one of the 55 trailers I had to defrost today. His response? "Oh. Well, you better hustle, we've got real work to do.":mad:
It's supposed to get down to 12-15 degrees tonight, still with the strong wind out of the North. Brr...

So who is going RV shopping in that weather, that some one had to unstick frozon door locks? Terry your boss is a, "TOOL!" You can tell him I said that!
 


So who is going RV shopping in that weather, that some one had to unstick frozon door locks? Terry your boss is a, "TOOL!" You can tell him I said that!
Chris, see post 902 above. For 90+ Grand, I guess somebody has to keep them saleable...
 
Brrrrr! :eek:
Its Midnight, and its 18 degrees outside. 40 mph winds put it in the single digits!:eek: Looking for a low of 14 by morning.

New radiator and grille came for the truck today, but I aint putting anything in til I can get the garage to at least 40 degrees. Otherwise I'm staying indoors!

BTW, the woodstove is really cranking! 88.3 degrees in the basement and with the new forced air fans I put in the heating ducts today, its 75 upstairs!!!! :eek:

Time to bank the fire and add some more wood, the settle in for a long winters nap!! Cya tomorrow!
 
12/14/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:cool:
 
When I went to bed at 11 last nite the temp was 25*. Right now it's 20*. No frost because of the high winds during the nite. No wind right now. Dead calm.
Going to have a lot of dead plants after this is all over. It's supposed to be a lower temp tonite. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My niece called a little while ago in Miami. It's 32* down there.
 
Good (cold) morning. It's 14 on our balcony, it may get above freezing today. Maybe. I saw on the news they found 4 dogs frozen to fire hydrants last night... On a brighter note, I got a new lease engine delivered to me last night. It's FURX3004, an Athearn RTR shell on a Kato running gear and NCE decoder. It runs like a Kato (duh), and has had the factory installed grabirons removed and replaced with brass ones. It looks good, but it had to have the cab interior removed so the Kato running gear would have room. All in all, I think I got a good deal on it ($40 delivered).

I also got a large box from Ormond Beach yesterday. My BLI warranty locomotives are back. The J1 is fully fixed and works great. Not so much with the SD9. It was sent in for a rear headlight not working. It came back with the rear headlight not working, and the coupler screws missing. Looks like the tech was working on it, went to lunch, and when he came back he just put it back in the box and sent it out. I'll be giving BLI a call later today, sending it back for a repair of the repair...:rolleyes:
Stay warm...
 


Afternoon all, for once it's +30f here, which makes a change,,, but it's going to drop again by weekend with tons of snow coming to. I have been beavering away At This Baby i have got several tons of it round the back of my house ready to be cut into logs
 
Good morning. It's 28° and clear. The high will be around 57° and it will be sunny to partly cloudy.

As I likely will NOT be going outside today (unless I have to) I'll Probably be scrapping up some old ballast on the layout in preparation of putting down a layer of wall joint compound to level those areas. I still have the list for my 2nd lot of HO items up. I need to get rid of as many of these items as I can. Tomorrow a 3rd lot will be added. It includes some vehicles (vans, cars), some Caterpillar equipment and of course some railroad cars. Lot 2 can be found HERE.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

It was 18 F as I shivered out of the driveway. Our high today is supposed to be 28 F. it is hard to believe over the weekend it was almost 60 F.

My son had his Boy Scout troop meeting last night. They were doing some planning for their next camping trip which is Winter Survival. I worked with a couple of boys on their Pathfinding Merit Badges. Unfortunately they got partials since they did not do one of the requirements and a portion of a couple of other ones. I was not impressed by these boys. They are not stars of the troop by any means and I actually felt that they were trying to earn the badge by doing the bare minimum which they didn’t do. I guess I got too used to working with the boys that really try and go the extra mile and forgot that there are slackers out there.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice. I have to go to Boy/Cub Scout Roundtable. I mainly need to drop off paperwork for my wife to our District Executive and I also have to verify dates with the local Order of Arrow representatives regarding their visit to my son’s troop.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
It's 18 degrees here too, with a breeze of 15-29 mph witch is making the wind chill below zero. I wanted to go over to the hobby shop today, but at the rate this cold is going, I'm not even sure if my truck will start or not. After checking my weather instruments(a window and a thermometer) I don't think it will get above 18 today. THe sun is out on a fresh pack of snow so it is blinding from the glare. It also makes it colder because there is nothing to catch the heat. Oh well.

I'm going to work on my layout later today. Anybody have any ideas for industries beside a team track? I'm thinking about a gravel pit, but what would a gravel pit provide so I can move an actual load of something to there instead of just feeding and returning to the old 0-5-0?
 
We have 49 degrees here with an 8 mph south wind. I got the old ballast scrapped up off the layout. It went faster than I thought it would. My sale of HO items is going slowly. I'll give it another week then whatever didn't sell will be disposed of by other means. If anybody is interested you can see the list HERE.
 
Hey Guys!

Long time...no...chat :rolleyes:

I've been sneaking in every now and again to make sure everyone is doing okay. Sure hope Jim is healing up and feeling better.

I cannot believe how cold and snowy EVERYONE else is! It's supposed to be close to 70 here in Denver today. We had one small snow about a month ago and that's it. The mountains are getting dumped on so the skiing is great.

Went to our Christmas Parade Saturday night and it was a bit nippy, but we took hot chocolate and stayed warm enough!

Good to see you all! Some new faces here. That's great! :D

Sandy
 
Hey Guys!

Long time...no...chat :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! I though mebbe ya got snowed in! :rolleyes:

I cannot believe how cold and snowy EVERYONE else is! It's supposed to be close to 70 here in Denver today. We had one small snow about a month ago and that's it.

If we could bottle it, I'm sure several members here would be happy to send some winter to ya!!:rolleyes:;)
 


It's supposed to be close to 70 here in Denver today. We had one small snow about a month ago and that's it.
Sandy
70?...Denver?... In December?...
I was offered a job in Wheat Ridge at the same time I was offered the job here. I decided I'd come here. Denver is too cold, I said...
It got all the way up to 27 here today, and it's 70 in Denver...:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top