Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!
We heard from Steve and Chris on the same day!

This must be my Christmas present for this year.

Rex- looking forward to seeing some pictures of your progress.
 
I've found some more items. An Athearn 34' hopper, 2 Bachmann EZ-Command control stations with power supplies, A couple of handfuls of small trees, several small bags of utility poles, some more cars and trucks, another Bachmann trainset power supply and an Athearn power pack still wrapped in it's bubble wrap, never used. There's still a big plastic container and some smaller boxes to go through. I know already what's in 2 of the boxes. Lead rooftop vent pipes. I got them to cut up for use as weight for train cars and never got around to it. I also found 3 boxes of plaster, a box of talus, a latex rock mold and a big box of craft sticks.
 
12/01/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

;)
 


Good morning. It's 29 and sunny. The high will be 61. Tonight's expected low is 33.

Today I expect to sort through a large plastic container and several boxes under the layout. No telling what I'll find. But first I have to get into town to get some gas and groceries not to mention getting some bills paid.
 
Good morning folks

It was 60 F as I ventured onto the leaf covered and wet highways this morning. The 60 F was most likely our high for the day as the temperatures are going to be falling through the day. They should bottom out around 31 F. I wonder how slick the wet roads will be tonight and tomorrow morning.

My son got free tickets to see the Philadelphia 76ers play last night because he played a fall sport at his middle school. I have not been to a professional basketball game in years. After last night I can remember why. In one word it was boring. I liked the fact that they now seem to play basketball the way they used to play as a team sport but it lack intensity. I used to be a big basketball fan. I grew up watching Julius Erving, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and others. Even though these guys were superstars they pretty much were team players. It was the NBA of the last decade where it was a group of individuals wearing the same uniform showboating and trying to show one another up. Even though it was close game we left at halftime. I told him we would go to a college game which I find much more enjoyable to watch.

The Christmas decorating marathon continues around the house. We still have about a dozen bins to put out. No trains until that is done.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning everyone.

It was 13 degrees F. when I left the house this morning. I believe our high is 19. We're starting to get into actual winter temps around here. When it gets down to freezing we think that's cold, then we are reminded what cold really is as we head to zero.:eek:

I have my Lionel train running around the Christmas tree. It's still a little hesitant, but it goes. I think I'll tear into it after Christmas to see if I can tune it up even better. Now I don't want to chance not being able to get it back together in time for Christmas. This is the only time of year that I can have HO, O, and G scale trains running at the same time.:D

I haven't spent a lot of time on the layout lately. Too many family events and too much Christmas shopping. I also don't want to make too big of a mess in the train room. Everyone who comes over wants to see the layout and tree in the train/family room. Maybe I'll tinker around tonight when I get home.

I guess I'll get back to work.
I hope you all have a great day.
 
Say Todd, I would imagine that coal tipple is made in HO as well if not even larger. It would make no sense for a mfg to only bring out one scale especially with so many in HO.
Well trussrod, All I need is a pic and I can just about copy anything. I used to be a maintenance mechanic in a glass form and tempering factory and we used to build forms for the glass to conform to. I figure if I can copy those car windshields forms from a line drawing I can copy bout anything. I just see a couple pieces of PVC pipe with some fancy lines on it. I can do everything in pine and cpvc. I want to make it functional for holding scale size rip rap. I figure that part will be easy to turn out. :)
 
I don't like double posting, but now I am really curious. who here builds with hardware and art shop type stuff? I've been using starter kits, like the atlas buildings, But I want to get into scratch building. How precise is it? I figure I will build a small house to start with and see where it goes from here. Would you recommend doing it as a restful activity? Or is that the way of madness and fools? lol If it is that way, I will fit right in.
 
Todd: are you wanting to build a (flood)coal loader or tipple? Either way, just do a search on Google. There are plenty of photos, if that is all you are after. If you read my previous post, Walthers has the Western Flood loader in HO, just out of stock. The Walthers "New River Mining Company" is a tipple typical of many new and old mining operations. There have been many modelers that have kitbashed this kit to fit their operation or match a prototypical operation. Just have to do a google on all this. ;)
 
Good afternoon,
Well, it been chilly here in the foothills South of Yosemite Nat. Park but nothing like Steve B
stated. Rex nailed it on the head in saying that's Extreme Cold alright!

That will will sure keep the Ice Houses well stocked! I'll send a string of Reffers over to load up for the comming months out West here!

Is that in Pennsylvania here in the states?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


WOW!!!
We heard from Steve and Chris on the same day!

This must be my Christmas present for this year.

Rex- looking forward to seeing some pictures of your progress.

Here's your New years gift:D....

The weatherman needs to be taken out back shot in the head with a .22cal! He said tomarrow morning temps will be in the low 30's and stuggle to get to the low 50's tomarrow noon!:eek: My back is already starting to hurt!!!!:mad:


[edit] I have never left, just the NEW little woman "Dana" keeps me busy! Hard to find tyme free to type!!!!! Noww....

Let's set the POOP FREE!

Here's mud in the eye!:D:D:D:p:);)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Behave Chris or your crops will not get fertilized. chickens feed or any other help the farm may need. This is not a threat just a sincere promise in trying to keep the coffee shoppe nice and clean and very sanitary for our hostess Flo and Bills girls.
 
I've just spent the afternoon going through a big Rubbermaid TuffTote container under the layout. I couldn't open it all the way because the hit the bottom of the layout. So I had to hold it open with one hand while fishing around inside with the other hand. It would have helped tremendously if I had feeling in my hands. Anyways, I found a crap load of Bachmann EZ-Track, mostly nickel silver but some steel. The steel track will be put out for collection Monday night. It'll be collected Tuesday morning. I found an Atlas 9" plate girder bridge with nickel silver rails, part of a bridge deck (maker unknown) with nickel silver rails, a Broadway Limited DC sound box that makes the bell and horn on some BLI DCC sound locos work on DC, an N Scale 5th precinct police station. I hit the mother load on vehicles, poles, signs, unpainted figures, hand painted figures. I even found an old Partridge Family bus! I also found a Life-Like coal tipple that needs some work. Nothing broken on it, just some thick paint and some expanding foam stuck to it. In four cardboard boxes I found scads of rolling stock, easily 80 cars. There's still 2 or 3 more boxes to go through but not today.
 


Behave Chris or your crops will not get fertilized. chickens feed or any other help the farm may need. This is not a threat just a sincere promise in trying to keep the coffee shoppe nice and clean and very sanitary for our hostess Flo and Bills girls.

Quiet you:mad:! Your going to continue to feed my chickens, feed my crops, and slop the pigs regardless what i do here! You need the XP's my farm gives ya:D:rolleyes:! BTW; surfing my page and picking up need goods is a plus!!!!!! Farmville threats are meaningless here!;):p admit it... Your hooked to that damn game as much as larry and I!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top