Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
11/30/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
bacon.png


waitress3.png

:eek:
 
Good morning. It's 51 and cloudy. The high will be 55 and there's a 40% chance of rain this morning tapering off to 20% this afternoon. Expecting a low tonight of 30.

We had a bad house fire yesterday just up the road from here. There were at least 5 depts responding. I went there to make sure the people in our dept were OK and to lend a hand where needed. The main structure of the house was saved so it can be rebuilt. The schedule for today is more layout work. I had intended to do it yesterday but clearing the closet became the main task of the day. Now that that's done there's more room in there to store more MR stuff and free up some space under the layout. The stuff in the boxes under there will be subject to a culling also. Anything useful I come across that I don't need will be posted here to be given to whoever wants it. There's quite a bit of stuff under there.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011288.jpg
 
Good morning everyone! It's raining and 55 here with more rain coming tomorrow morning. It may be freezing rain here tonight, but nobody is sure. I got my train station finished last night, and I am now finishing up my switch house today. I have a coaling station to assemble next. I have to put in switches for each one. I also have a preassembled factory to put in somewhere. I think it isn't going to take long to fill this 4X8 layout. Oh well, I will have plenty of room to figure out where to go when we build our new house.:D
 


Today's BLUE PLATE SPECIAL...

Flo has a great turkey sandwich, pumpkin pie and coffee lunch special for just $2.99.

If Bill's girls are your servers, don't forget to leave a BIG tip!;)
 
Hey all! I was wanting to ask somebody if they still using coaling towers to load ore cars? I am trying to build something that's industrial looking. Anybody?:D
 
...Did you ever finish the steel mill on your layout?
I do have a lot done on it including some of the piping, but like everything else it still needs some detail. Some things may not be exactly prototypical, but it looks good and it does have switching within the mill complex to an interchange track for pickups/dropoffs. I hope to start taking some new photos of the layout after Christmas and after we have our new camera;).

Karl: the waitress is the special and I will have the same. :D:D
 
Good afternoon everyone,
Glad to see the group is getting bigger.

It was down to 30* last night and I think about 28* the night before, a bit chilly and the days don't seem to warm up too much either.

Say Todd, I would imagine that coal tipple is made in HO as well if not even larger. It would make no sense for a mfg to only bring out one scale especially with so many in HO.


Now Rex, I like your thinking as well as Bill's waitresses and the luncheon plate sure sounds good for a very reasonable price too.

Now as far as the ladies go I just met one on-line that looks like the Black haired waitress
and is tall too plus she is an actual Engineer for the BNSF and doesn't live very far from me and seems to have a great personality plus is a good cook too so time will tell!?

So things are looking up, especially after the last election, now if we could only resolve the LTC Terry Lakin issue along with a few others things would soon really be great!!
 


While digging through the boxes of stuff under the layout I came across a Bachmann hopper I got back in the early 80's. It originally had truck mounted horn hook couplers. I later changed out the frame with one that had coupler pockets. I've also run across a few old cabooses, an Athearn bay window type and a Bachmann SF wide vision type. The last is an old drover caboose (no platforms) that's so old I can't remember when I got it. It has Fox trucks and body mounted horn hook couplers. The coupler box covers appear to be glued in place. There's no manufactures name to be found. I also found 11 sections of 18" radius nickel silver track, all curves that was made in Slovenia. There's still more stuff to go through.
 
Brrrevening all

How Ya'll doing, been really nice and sunny here between blizzards, only got to -18 below freezing once this week, tomorrows daytime temps going to be around -10 below as the wind is from Siberia,,, Nice !!! if your a walrus or polar bear :)
 
It would be perfect in nscale, but I model HO. Thank you for finding one for me!!
They make it in HO as well (Walthers #933-3089).;) That particular loader is not used at many mines, only the ones that have plenty of land for track and have that much coal to warrant steady loading. I saw a video on the real one and the train doesn't completely stop...just slowly keeps moving while being filled. The mines around here, although still large, take the coal via conveyor system to a trackside chute type hopper...not much different than the old days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brrrevening all

How Ya'll doing, been really nice and sunny here between blizzards, only got to -18 below freezing once this week, tomorrows daytime temps going to be around -10 below as the wind is from Siberia,,, Nice !!! if your a walrus or polar bear :)
Hi stranger! nice for you to stop by. Man, that is extreme cold!:eek::D
 
Brrrevening all

How Ya'll doing, been really nice and sunny here between blizzards, only got to -18 below freezing once this week, tomorrows daytime temps going to be around -10 below as the wind is from Siberia,,, Nice !!! if your a walrus or polar bear :)

Now I will rub the beach sand in your cuts! It's still in the Low 80's down here!:)
 
Brrrevening all

How Ya'll doing, been really nice and sunny here between blizzards, only got to -18 below freezing once this week, tomorrows daytime temps going to be around -10 below as the wind is from Siberia,,, Nice !!! if your a walrus or polar bear :)


WaaazzzUp Steve? Good to hear from you, old friend.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top