Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CJ! Really good to know that.
That certainly eases my anxiety. My oil check, urination, and other is all ok, so hopefully all will be well.

BTW: I am hoping to get something going over here after Thanksgiving. I would like you and the other boys of ARG to come over and have another great time of play, story telling, and of course: EATING! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When I pulled the old Gateway monitor out of the closet today it initiated a collapse of a mid level shelf that has a bunch of stuff on it. As it was falling toward the door I slammed the door shut. I hope that when I open it again to continue clearing it out that I remember that and stand to the side.
 


I think Fibber Magee lives here!!:eek::eek:

Welb--we had our first visitors through for the Xmas display tour---about 8 homes here involved with $$$ going to a Hospital near here. We have some more coming through tomorrow and sunday---guess what I'll be doing this weekend? I'm on call!:eek::eek::rolleyes:
 
Sandy- Long time no post! Id ask you how youve been, but i see youve got your hands full removing an hereford from your bed :D

Jeff- "AVALANCHE!!!" Had a similar thing happen today in school. I went to take a binder out of my locker and pulled the 4 binders that were on top of it down with it. What a mess :rolleyes:.

Chris- Good to see your, and your son! are enjoying the new girl!

Rex- Congrats on 44!

Not much going on here. My boss from my summer job called me today offering my job back. Im taking the cash while ive got it! Raking leaves is time consuming and not really worth it, and winter is still a ways off. Thank god i live in a neighborhood with old people and few motivated kids. The only other kid who does the same thing i do spends his money on dope :rolleyes:.
 
Good Morning!!! Now that I woke everyone up---how are ya!:rolleyes::D:D

I'll be hiding at the office today while people go through our house--again. So here I am getting ready for another day of hiding:eek::eek:

REX Happy 44th anniversary!!:D:):)
 
Congrats REX!:) 44 years is something to be very proud of.

Well the weekend is here, and I have just three little yard to mow....then get the house cleaned up before her arrival. I don't have my son this weekend so it's Date night!:D She has been real busy at work so she want's to keep the fun at the house!:eek::):p:D I'm DOWN WITH DAT!

My Job back at the park is going well, I got my first pay check:mad::( God what a hit:( from what I was making to now ($700 a month). Well, I'm just breaking even with the bills and child support hasn't been set yet:mad::(. with winter hitting and the job market in the dumps, getting a third job to cover the bill durning the winter?:(:(:( Guy's this sucks!:mad: The county in which I work is planing to lay off another 50 to 100 people the middle and end of next year again! I could be layed off again, not that they would but it's possible:eek: Sure they hire back at begining pay......but hell $10 hour is like nothing any more....

Dana, has been a blessing and is very outgoing and tells me not to worry God has a plan for us! I know she's right, but it seems every time i see the light at the end of the tunnel.......It looks to be getting further away!




Larry, Sorry about Barry and Me getting drunk in your winery and bumping over the shelf of your finest wines!:o But I did manage to feed the pigs, Feed your chickens, water and fertilied 5 plots on my way off the farm! how I did this? Barry was leaning over the fence watchinghis lungs fall out:confused: O'well if it is or was on fire.....Barrys fault!
 
10/30/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
800px-Breakfast.png

:(
 


Larry: Sorry about the truck--it seems that Chris took a hankering to go to town with it--and well--he sort of ended up parking it in the lake:rolleyes: After that bit of excitement he took to trying out your car--with pretty much the same result:eek::rolleyes:
 
Jeff- "AVALANCHE!!!" Had a similar thing happen today in school. I went to take a binder out of my locker and pulled the 4 binders that were on top of it down with it. What a mess :rolleyes:.
Did that plenty of times myself, in 3 different countries. So the law of gravity works the same there as it does here. But what would I know. I never studied law.:D
 
I had an unwelcome visitor last night. I kept hearing a tapping noise at the door but when I would look out the window I couldn't see anyone who might be knocking. Finally I just opened the door and in shot a squirrel. Not one of the little gray critters either. This was one of the big red ones. Anyways it ran in and made a beeline for the underside of the layout. Of all the places it could go (including a really hot place that came to mind) why there? I moved several cases of rolling stock out of the way then went under the layout after it armed only with a heavy metal bucket with lid and a 1x2 about 18" long. I located the big bugger behind a box of assorted MR supplies, structures, power packs, etc. I flushed it out and it ran into the bucket but before I could get the lid on it jumped out, bounced off the underside of the layout and landed right between my knees at which time it jumped up and shot out from the layout, down the hall and into the bedroom. Great! I found my furry intruder under the bed. Aha, I thought. This would be a great use for that 'Grip-n-Grab' I bought a couple of months ago. I got it and reached for the squirrel. I should have known this was seeming way too easy. Just as the jaws of the grabber were closing around it the squirrel jumped up onto the jaws then ran up the grabber then up my arm, over my head and across my back. It bounded over the laundry basket at the other side of the room and ducked behind the TV stand. By this time I was feeling like I was the butt of some practical joke thought up by someone with a sick mind. The space behind the TV stand is open at both ends but I can only cover one at a time. Then I had an idea. I placed the bucket on it's side at one end then thrust the end of the grabber in at the other end. The squirrel ran out and went right into the bucket. I dived on the bucket and slammed the lid on it like a wildcat pouncing on a rabbit. Finally I had my unwelcome guest right where I wanted it. I took the bucket outside, set it on the ground and removed the lid. NO SQUIRREL! I went back inside and there the bugger was, on the layout, right on top of Ezra's Exxon station mocking me. I quickly noted that it had tipped over Ezra's house and knocked over a GP7. Now I was mad. I reached for the grabber and with the speed of a rattlesnake striking it's victim I caught the fluffy tailed rodent. This time I could see that I had it. It was right there in plain sight. I took it outside and slung it partway across the yard just to keep it from trying to run up the grabber like it had before. It ran up the nearest tree and sat on a branch and started barking at me in what seemed a most uncomplimentary tone. That was fine by me . I went back inside.
 
Here I am, sweating out the score of the Auburn vs. Old Miss as the 3rd quarter winds down. As the 4th quarter starts, Auburn leads 44 to 17, but Old Miss is driving to a score.
I told my wife I would not relax until Auburn was leading by 30 points. I am still nervous at this moment as they are only 27 points ahead!

No trains today, I went car shopping with my daughter and to a birthday party for the youngest grandson as he turned 5.

Well, Old Miss scored, so I have to go cheer for my team and comment on the idiot TV announcers.
 
Hey guys
Just got back from my kids college. Hard to believe that he's been going there just over a year now, and today was the 1st time we were there. See, his Mother always seemed to be front and center there, and I think Kevin was kinda afraid of how his Mother and me (with Stepmom) would all be in public. This weekend was parents weekend, and his Mother could not attend this weekened, so we got the invite.
I must say, I was impressed with him, and his frat brothers. We had a delightful time, touring the college, meeting the other parents, and his frat brothers. I definately is not "animal house". All the boys have high GPA's and they are a bunch of clean cut kids.
I must admit, I was apprehensive when he called me about coming up tonight to meet the fraternity, but I now think I'l sleep better for the experience.:D

Flo, howabout some pie ala mode, and a cup of decaf!:)

Jeffrey, the squirrell story almost made me pee my pants!! Now ya know why I have a 22 cal squirrel gun with a 4x scope!! Keep em far away as possible!!:D

Rex, Happy anniversary! Congrats to the Mrs. for not killin ya yet!!:rolleyes:
 
Jeffrey, the squirrell story almost made me pee my pants!! Now ya know why I have a 22 cal squirrel gun with a 4x scope!! Keep em far away as possible!!:D

Rex, Happy anniversary! Congrats to the Mrs. for not killin ya yet!!:rolleyes:

Ditto, on the .22 cal!:D I site on my front patio on the weekend taking pot shots at the tree rats with the airsoft! The SOBS run when they see me!;)
 
Larry: Sorry about the truck--it seems that Chris took a hankering to go to town with it--and well--he sort of ended up parking it in the lake:rolleyes: After that bit of excitement he took to trying out your car--with pretty much the same result:eek::rolleyes:
I don't know how many of you remember the Ford transmission linkage fiasco back in the 1970's. I owned a 1970 LTD that had the problem. It would shift itself from "park" to "reverse" when it felt like it. One morning, I pulled out to the end of the driveway, got out, leaving the car running, and walked across the road to get my mail out of the box. About the time I opened the mailbox, I heard a "clunk", then the sound of my car moving away rapidly away from me. I turned around in time to see the car rocket down the driveway, across the yard, through the neighbor's fence, into his pasture. At that point, it went out of sight, but not sound. A few seconds later, as I was running down the driveway in hot pursuit, I heard a "Splash!".
I got to where I could see the car, and saw it had found the neighbor's pond. The back half of the car was under water, the front half was still on the bank, still running, still in reverse. Sigh.
"Hey, Bob! Can I borrow your tractor to pull my car out of your pond?":eek:
 


I don't know how many of you remember the Ford transmission linkage fiasco back in the 1970's. I owned a 1970 LTD that had the problem. It would shift itself from "park" to "reverse" when it felt like it.
I remember those linkage problems. You had to shift the vehicle into park firmly, making sure the lever went as far as it would go. My 81 Dodge van is the same way except that it hasn't shifted to another gear - yet. You just can't get the key out of it until the lever is all the way up and locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top