Coffee Shop XXIX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffery- Are you using automotive primer on these shells?

I have a couple FP-7 shells I want to strip and try a couple light coats of primer to get the MOW gray. I think gray would be good for MOW on the South Eclectic, Xavier and Yonder (SEXY) railroad.
 
Jeffery- Are you using automotive primer on these shells?

I have a couple FP-7 shells I want to strip and try a couple light coats of primer to get the MOW gray. I think gray would be good for MOW on the South Eclectic, Xavier and Yonder (SEXY) railroad.
Gray automotive spray primer it is. I get the Rust-Oleum in 15 ounce cans.
 
Thanks for the prompt reply.
You are getting the type of coating I hope to get on my shells.

And another way to save a little money on paint.
Saving money on the little things means you can buy more engines!
 


Thanks for the prompt reply.
You are getting the type of coating I hope to get on my shells.

And another way to save a little money on paint.
Saving money on the little things means you can buy more engines!
Very true. I have a Pennsylvania GP9m coming that I picked up on Ebay fopr half price. Money I saved on little things.
 
Good morning...

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png


:cool:

RosiesCars1.png
 
I got a good laugh from the email this morning. A traffic citation from the city of Chatam, New York. Seems I was speeding in a 55 zone. It was worded:

New York State — Department of Motor Vehicles
UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:88358),POLICE AGENCY
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Local Police Code 527
THE PERSON DESCRIBED ABOVE IS CHARGED AS FOLLOWS

Time: 7:25 AM
Date of Offense: 07/02/2011
IN VIOLATION OF NYS V AND T LAW

664 Description of Violation
SPEED OVER 55 ZONE

TO PLEAD, PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM HALL., PO BOX 117


Obviously this is a very thinly disguised scam ploy. #1, I live in Louisiana. #2, The last (and only) time I was in New York was in 1968. #3, The courts, city, state or otherwise don't send citations, traffic or otherwise, via email. #4, If the low forehead that thought up this sorry scheme thinks I'm going to send him/her/it anything, the only thing will be an invitation to kiss my Native American butt. I marked the email as SPAM and filed it accordingly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning to all,
It's a cool wet 53* and cloudy, I got .26 inches last night and 1.44 inches yesterday. Unfortunately my roof over the family room area leaked again so I have to try and find out where it leaking at as it's not real obvious.

Say Jeffery: Usually when I get those types of email I send them back with some smart ass reply to let them know I'm on to them and their Bull Shit!
 
I was advised not to reply to such emails.
It would validate that it was a good, active address which would put you on more spam lists.

Of course, if we could send replies from Vato Loco's email address, Chris would love all the attention he would get!
 
I have two items coming from Ebay. One is a new Walthers GP9m Alaska shell. It should be here no later than Tuesday. It was $9. The other is a Walthers Pennsylvania GP9m. It's on sale at Walthers for $45.98. That's a tad more than I wanted to spend. I got it new for $29.71. That's $16.27 off Walthers sale price. I find a good deal hard to resist. It should be here this weekend. I'll be doing the usual things to them so Alaska and Pennsylvania fans may want to look away. It will also give me the chance to study the Trainline mechanism and see if there's some improvement that can be made.
 
Print and send to the Chatam police dept and have them get the scammer.
OR do a net search and get the email and forward it to them.
only way to stop this BS
rich

I got a good laugh from the email this morning. A traffic citation from the city of Chatam, New York. Seems I was speeding in a 55 zone. It was worded:

New York State — Department of Motor Vehicles
UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:88358),POLICE AGENCY
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Local Police Code 527
THE PERSON DESCRIBED ABOVE IS CHARGED AS FOLLOWS

Time: 7:25 AM
Date of Offense: 07/02/2011
IN VIOLATION OF NYS V AND T LAW

664 Description of Violation
SPEED OVER 55 ZONE

TO PLEAD, PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM HALL., PO BOX 117

Obviously this is a very thinly disguised scam ploy. #1, I live in Louisiana. #2, The last (and only) time I was in New York was in 1968. #3, The courts, city, state or otherwise don't send citations, traffic or otherwise, via email. #4, If the low forehead that thought up this sorry scheme thinks I'm going to send him/her/it anything, the only thing will be an invitation to kiss my Native American butt. I marked the email as SPAM and filed it accordingly.
 


Hi gang!
Finally, I'm about done with getting the camper loaded for our camping trip. I aired up the tires on the trailer day before yesterday and rechecked: wouldn't you know one of them is leaking ....about 20lbs in two days. So, off it came and I am headed to the tire place for repair.

We will be gone from tomorrow (Friday) until next Friday. Hope you guys have a great weekend and following week. CU Later! :)
 
I got a good laugh from the email this morning. A traffic citation from the city of Chatam, New York. Seems I was speeding in a 55 zone. It was worded:

New York State — Department of Motor Vehicles
UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:88358),POLICE AGENCY
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Local Police Code 527
THE PERSON DESCRIBED ABOVE IS CHARGED AS FOLLOWS

Time: 7:25 AM
Date of Offense: 07/02/2011
IN VIOLATION OF NYS V AND T LAW

664 Description of Violation
SPEED OVER 55 ZONE

TO PLEAD, PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM HALL., PO BOX 117


Obviously this is a very thinly disguised scam ploy. #1, I live in Louisiana. #2, The last (and only) time I was in New York was in 1968. #3, The courts, city, state or otherwise don't send citations, traffic or otherwise, via email. #4, If the low forehead that thought up this sorry scheme thinks I'm going to send him/her/it anything, the only thing will be an invitation to kiss my Native American butt. I marked the email as SPAM and filed it accordingly.

Send them a reply telling them you're anxious to atone for your grievous transgression, but you will only pay cash. Accordingly, you need a name, mailing address (not a P.O. box), and a phone number.
 
Hi gang!
Finally, I'm about done with getting the camper loaded for our camping trip. I aired up the tires on the trailer day before yesterday and rechecked: wouldn't you know one of them is leaking ....about 20lbs in two days. So, off it came and I am headed to the tire place for repair.

We will be gone from tomorrow (Friday) until next Friday. Hope you guys have a great weekend and following week. CU Later! :)

Woo Hoo!!! :D:eek::DParty at Rex's house!! :D:eek::DI'll call the cheerleaders, whoso bringing the booze???
 


Good morning folks.

Patrick, talk about waiting for the shoe to drop. That has to cause a certain amount of uneasiness. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Speaking of vacation, PARTY AT REX"S HOUSE! We should have Bill bring the girls over!:D Have a good trip Rex. We'll take good care of the place while you're gone.;)

It's hot and windy here again. What a surprise, it's been that way for a week.:rolleyes: The hot weather kills our business for selling fall merchandise. Of course, you count on me to complain when it gets too cold as well!:D

Not much happening on the train front. I've been busy the past week with life and work so maybe another day.

The boss is gone for a week so I have some increased duties for a while. I think one of those duties shall be getting myself another cup of coffee!

Have a good day everyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top