Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, everyone.

Steve, I know it's very early in the morning over there but please do let us know how your wife is doing when you can. I'm very hopeful that this turns out to be just a scare and nothing serious and will keep your family in my prayers.

Tom, sorry the Blue Rocks were such a rotten experience. The Biscuits have it right. the stadium is only four years old and a ticket behind home plate costs $9! The food is fairly priced and good. They have lots of between inning activities including a hot dog cannon and a biscuit blaster that shoots food into the crowd. :) It's really a fun experience.

Ken, never, never go into a Verizon store. Do all your ordering on-line. You'll get a better deal and they'll deliver a new phone in two days. I've never dealt with anyone in a Verizon store who wasn't a complete idiot. As for all the joys of flying, that's why I have a motorhome. Unless it involves crossing an ocean, I'm never getting on a plane again. I'd rather pay the gas than be treated worse than cattle headed for the slaughter house.

Ray, sounds like old Shelia is not doing well. :( I hope the vet can help her in whatever outcome you think is best.

Josh, do you think that guy had to pay a licensing fee to the UP for that tat? :D

Thank you, Sandy. My wife claims to like baseball just for the game but I suspect those tight pants may have something to do with it. :eek: Is your birthday coming up this weekend? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!. Would it be horribly ungentlemanly of me to ask how old you'll be? My degree is in biological psychology and I remember those tests very well. Good luck on yours.

Chris, looks like a nice tropical wave is forming over the peninsula and should give you a good shot of rain over the next day or two. I'm hoping it will retrograde over toward us by Friday. That puppy abuse story was absolutely disgusting. I don't know what the law is in Florida but we would have popped him for felony animal abuse in California. Let him serve a year or two in general population. Most cons don't like child or animal abusers. I don't think you'll have to worry about deporting him, if you get my drift. :mad:

It's funny about cell phones. I was sort of welded to one in my prior work and I rarely carry one now, which makes the wife mad. :) What I was surprised at when I went to Europe a few years ago was the prevalence of cell phones there. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has one, and they seem to talk and text continually. The amount of people on cell phones here is actually small compared to Germany or Austria.

Sunny and hot here today with a high of 98. CJ, I don't know how you get so lucky to have a temperature of 60. Our low was 66, which is coolest low we've had since a 63 on July 2. Went to the doc for my 6 month checkup on my Meniere's and my hearing is still the same, which is good. There's a new hearing aid out that I'm going to see the audiologist about next week that's supposed to work with the type of nerve damage I have. The problem is it costs $4,000 and my insurance won't pay for it. Hmmm....I can be half deaf and buy about 15 nice locomotives or get a hearing aid so I can hear people complain better...I wonder which one I should do? :)
 
Steve your wife will in my prayers. Hopefully it will not turn out to be a really serious problem.

I finally went to a work session at the R&GV RR Museum. Spent the evening helping to cut back shrubs and trees along the ROW. I had the really tough job of sitting in the cupola in an old Erie Crummy and lopping off branches I could reach from there. Road up to the end of our line in the cab of our 44 tonner, then climbed up into the cupola to rest....... er, work. We have Caboose Day on Sunday so we were getting as much ready for it as possible.

We have a Rochester Chapter NRHS meeting this Thursday evening which will also be at the Museum so I will be over there 3 times in less than a week. 1/1 scale trains are COOL!
 
07-16-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good Morning From Florida!

WEATHER
8 AM 79 °F Rain Coastal storms developing.
2 PM 87 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered showers and storms moving inland.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds; A few scattered coastal showers toward morning.
Todays Rain Chances are:50%


LOCAL WEATHER
Divers' finds may rewrite pre-history
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Budget cuts mean museum could become history
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1


PERSONAL NOTE
Flo.......Large coffee and Steak and egg's and put it on Steves tab;) !

Good morning Everyone.........

Day 3 no Son! No calls from camp to go get him or any troubles.

We got some early morning sprinkles but nothing to write home about! The real heavy rain fell all around my place yesterday. Tampa got nailed yesterday, and have some flooding issues now! LOL's they Cut County bugets all over and work aint getting done? this hurricane season ain't going to have anyone cleaning up after it hits! I know more on how the 1/4 billion dollar budget cut back will affect my department. the building department will loose just about everyone, my wife use to work for them several years ago! Today at work should be intresting:rolleyes: I got a yard to mow on my way home to night that will help with the fuel bill.

Jim
We are in our Rainy season for sure!:D I know what you mean by population will take care of him! twoo BIL are corrections officers. one is county and the other is Federal! My BIL down here is a guard in a county lock up, and they took a big hit from tax cuts they lost 100 guards and support staff. Terry still has his job for now!

Jeff
Nice Find! man that woud be fun to fix up and turn into a train room!

Ray
Sounds like WORK:( I wish I had time to play trains for reals!:rolleyes: :D How about some pic's! next time!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!;)

Steve
Hope your wife feels better!
 
Good Morning Bill & Chris! Looks like another beautiful day here on the Erie Barge Canal .66 going up to 86 with plenty of sunshin . Hope everyone else has a good day also !!!Steve your wife is in my prayers also !!!!Jeffrey quite a find there under the tree. I'm the only one in my family who does not own a cell phone. But they are good for one thing an emergency ! One last thing my faithful little girl who we have had for over 16 years is on her way out. It's only a matter of time , she has stopped eating and is skin and bones. My wife and daughter do not want me to put her down , but I don't want to come downstairs some morning and find her laying there . Just hope they can finally let her go .Here she is in her favorite position nowadays !!!:(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

It was 72 F on the way into the office this morning. You can feel the humidity building. Our high today is supposed to be 91 F. We are currently under an Excessive Heat Watch until Saturday evening.

No modeling last night. My daughter had a basketball game. We also had to attend a Cub Scout meeting about the popcorn fundraiser and membership recruitment.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 68 here and clear for the moment. It will become partly cloudy later as the temp climbs to a high in the mid 90's.

Yesterday I came upon an old baggage car that used to just sit on on an abandoned spur on the edge of the KCS yard. It was in the all white KCS paint scheme then, a survivor in the MoW fleet. Now it's surrounded by trees, the old spur is long gone and the car is sitting on the only bits of rail that were left. Over the years the white paint has peeled off exposing what's left of the old KCS Southern Belle paint scheme and some remnants of a paint scheme from the road that had the car before KCS acquired it. I may attempt making a model of it someday. I would have loved to get some better shots of it but my physical problems don't allow me the mobility of moving through ditches or soft ground.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/16/2008


Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph E

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds.
 
Good Morning all!
Just sitting here waiting on some carpenters to show up, sometime, today, maybe. I'm having them re-roof our back porch with metal roofing. The job was suppose to start two-weeks ago, but the jerks took on another job instead of starting on mine. They said they would begin this morning and I told them this morning or they are history. I was assured they would be here around 6 a.m., but it is now after 8 and ....:mad:

Cell phones... I love them... we now have over 3300 roll-over minutes ;) :D . I have never understood why anyone would want to be bothered all day by, "hey! what'cha doing", " Oh, nothing. What'cha doing?", "Nothing, just wondering what'cha doing", DUH.......:D :D

STEVE: My goodness! I sure hope all is well with your wife. Please keep us informed.;)
 
Good Morning Clubbers

Steve - I was hoping maybe I'd see an update on Nicky by now, but I suppose there aren't any connected laptops in hospital waiting rooms...anyway your both in my prayers!

Paul - condolences on your dying dog, it's always traumatic to lose one even if they're not human.

Rex/Jim/Ray - I personally only talk on my cell phone once or twice a day, max; it's my teenagers (part of the Techno-Babies Generation) that are absolutely addicted to them! It also helps their mother and me in reaching them no matter where they may be at a given moment.

Jeffery - great find! Maybe you could enlist your young modeler friend [can't remember his name, but he's been on the forum] to go into those harder-to-reach areas with a camera..?

Yesterday was my weekly half-day, but it was mostly taken up by mowing my 1.5-acre lawn. Haven't done that in ages since my boy usually does it, but he's out of town for the week. It's not too bad though, actually quite a relaxing activity as long as the spaces are wide-open. What makes it hard is those stupid shrubs and flower beds that my wife just plops down wherever she pleases, plus tree branches that hang 3ft off the ground and cannot be ducked-under. [Chris I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, LOL]
 


Morning, everyone.

Checking in to see if there's any news about Steve's wife. I sure hope that everything is OK.

Flo, I'll take some biscuits and gravy - put it on Chris's tab. :)

Paul, the old girl looks so happy curled up there. I hope you can convince your wife and daughters to do the right thing. I know it's hard to let go but even worse to let her suffer. :(

Ray, cutting tree branches from a cupola sounds like my kind of work. I guess the ROW was getting a bit overgrown.

Chris, unfortunately, the fall in sales tax revenue is affecting almost all local governments. They've laid of 35 deputies from my former department in California because of budget shortfalls. Don't worry about hurricanes, though. The FEMA dump truck full of money will show up and everyone will have a job. Speaking of hurricanes, that low pressure system off the west coast of Florida is getting better organized and has a slight chance of becoming a tropical depression. I'm hoping for a retrograde to the northwest once ti starts moving inland but I think it will end in Georgia and South Carolina and we'll miss it all, dang nab it.

Tom, sounds like summer has hit PA. I hope your daughter got to play in an air-conditioned gym at least.

Jeffrey, weird that the baggage car just got left behind like that. I wonder if some company was using it for storage?

Rex, that's exactly how cell phone conversations go between my wife and daughters. It has taken me a while to get used to the idea that "Hey!" is the same as "hello" down here.

Ken, my daughters are the same way. I calculated that my younger daughter spent an average of 6.25 hours a day last month either talking or texting on her cell phone, 99% of which was complete drivel. Mom checks up on them constantly. I have no idea how we survived when I told my mom "I'll be back when the streetlights come on" and was never seen for the rest of the day. We were at a restaurant several days ago and there was prepubescent girl doing that annoying giggling and laughing thing in the booth behind us. I thought she was there with a friend but, no, she too had a cell phone. She was maybe 9 years old. :mad:

Sunny and hot here again (do I sound like a broken record) with the temperature up to 88 already. Unless we can convince the storm down by Chris to head up this way, it doesn't look good for rain again for at least a week. But, on the bright side, oil is down $11 in the last two days. It looks like this may be the beginning of the long speculators starting to take their money and run.
 
Afternoon everyone!

Guess I have had it easy for the last couple of days. Got an order for CDs this morning.... Of course the customer wants 100 each of two different ones and needs them yesterday. Not only that but he wants me to change the cover on one of them because he thinks people get confused when they look them over (they have the same graphic on the cover but with a different color hue applied). I will have to see if I can get by using a different font for the title???? Not only that a couple people who wanted me to find some old photos for Boy Scout Camp promotion (our web page) are not happy that I didn't get in touch and send them material last week (when I was gone). So I am once again "up to my armpits in alligators".

Chris I don't have any photos of last night. We did a short photo op for their website which I was in. Won't be up there for a while though. The crummy I was working from is this one: http://www.rgvrrm.org/events/#20080720
Other photos of the museum can be found at the site as well. Playing with the full sized stuff is definitely a blast. Last night they asked me about being trained for operations. I mentioned that with my hearing problem, I would have difficulty understanding the radio. They said they would find some work around for me if possible (possibly a second engineer working with me to be my ears....). Of course, you start as Brakeman and work your way up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, weird that the baggage car just got left behind like that. I wonder if some company was using it for storage?
At one time it was painted white. KCS used it as a storage car in their MoW train for years. I would guess that they either no longer needed it or the repair and upkeep got to be too much, even for MoW equipment.
 
Evening gents,,, thanks for your thoughts and prayers they are very welcome. Anyway she's had some test today, one was the treadmill thing which gave her problems, she started having palpitations quite bad so they gave up on that one, next is a nuclear heart scan, till then she's off work with feet up, plenty of aspirin tablets and beta blockers,,, roll on the scan then we can work things out.

Paul I feel for you, it's not easy seeing an animal suffering, but then again it's not easy putting an animal to sleep either, i can understand the reasons for your wife and daughter not wanting her put to sleep. What i would do is take her to the vets when nobody is home and just do the right thing, they'll understand in time, hopefully. Whatever you do we'll be with you all the way.
 
Well, the carpenters took the highway, as they never showed up.:mad: I needed the work completed before the weekend because Saturday we are bringing home our two Golden Retriever puppies, Archie and Ralph:D. Certainly didn't need them biting the workers :D :D .
 
Quite a find there Jeffrey! We never see anything like that around here, BN is fairly quick to get things off to the scrapper here. :(
 
Evening Every One!

WEATHER
It's Wet Outside, It rained while I was at work! Got what looks to be 1/8" in the gauge:D Sorry Jim the rain she's all mine.........:D :) ;) :rolleyes:
our radar looks like a Christmas tree.....it's all lit up!:D


LOCAL NEWS
Sinkholes open in Spring Hill
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Very common in my town! any time we get lots of rain the earth opens up!:)

State Farm requests 47-percent rate hike on homes
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
What else is new!:mad:

Bobcat spotted in neighborhood
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
Here kitty kitty Kitty.......:D

PERSONAL NOTE
worked both jobs today mowed grass all day at the park then mowed a customers yard after work! I'm just a grass mowing fool!:D Got some rain might get more we'll see! we got 4 sink holes open up in my area! Very common here!

Jim, I told ya! The RAIN.....She's all mine:p No rain for you!:eek:But you can have the sink holes;) :D :p :rolleyes:

ken, Yes, I know what you mean but times that by 100 for me!

Ray I want to trim trees from a caboose! that would look cool on my resumee!

EDIT: It has lightly rained from 5pm to 8:30pm. Just enough to keep things wet!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good Morning Chris & Bill ! Looks like another humid and hot day here along the Erie Canal , We had some big storms blow off Lake Ontario yesterday and looks like we may get more today , Price you pay for this hot weather . Well off to breakfast with the wife and then the Farmer's Market . hope you all have a nice day also !!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top