Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoom Everyone !!!! Hops your Sunday is going great . I'm off to our Canal Festival to listen to some music , take in the site and maybe a biet to eat . BTW Steve love the tank. Hoe all have a real nice day !!!!!
 
Evening everybody!

WEATHER
Random Blow by Rainings, rained all around my house but they missed!:(

LOCAL NEWs
Beachgoers horrified by man torturing puppy
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
This jurk needs to be Deported!:mad:

PERSONAL NOTE
Got my son safely off to camp! It's a sports/Athletic style camp, he's so happy he couldn't wait for us to leave so he can have fun! This is where he went: http://www.flelks.org/newwebpage/feycbrochure.htm The web site doesn't do it justice! man it's like a club med for kids!:eek: I wish i were a kid again!:D Lucky booger!LOLs Ryan through his friends mom got the local ELK to Sponser him so it was free!:D :D

Got to see some RR action on our way to camp! While driving up 301 Seen a empty coal train going back north for another load! also found a new hobby shop next to the small yard track's.....wanted to stop but they were closed on Sundays!:mad: My only day off Sundays and everything is closed!:mad: :mad: :mad: When I worked in a Aquarium store we were open on Sundays......Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays were our buzziest days! We were open 8am to 10pm:eek: then we closed Monday and Tuesdays which was our slowest days:rolleyes: I don't under stand some stores? I know that Church is going on sundays but most services end at noonish! So they can still open on Sunday just do it after noon to 8pm.....O'Well?:rolleyes:

I know REX B________,B________,B________;) :D I'm good at B_______ing! It's like my favorite sport.....Comp B________ing! LOL's


Steve Nice shot of your tank, any battles yet with the neigbors:confused: Like to see you battle that thing.
 
Notice anything different?

IMAG0016-2.jpg
 


Looks much more life like this way tho. :) Imagine my dilemma, I'll have a bed in the middle of my layout... :eek:
 
I'mmmmmmmm BBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCK! (Anybody miss me?)

Spent some time this evening catching up with all that has been going on with you folks. Looks like it has been an interesting week.

Had a great week at Music camp (except for major allergy attack, sore throat, and asthma......). Bummer for a singer that uses his voice as his major teaching instrument. Still am having some breathing problems. Of course I get out to camp and find my inhaler became outdated 4 months ago. Still used it as the at worst, it would just have lost potency. Came back to Geneva last Thursday and got a new one from the Doc. In much better news we had some fantastic kids for the week + of Music Camp. Numbers were small this year, only 9 campers, but they made up for it in musicianship and being the type of kids you can't help but want to be around. Only 2 new ones this year, and they were part of the rest of the gang by Sunday evening. You would have thought they had known everyone for years.

The Service this morning was a great success and received a standing ovation at the end (we respectfully ask that the congregation not applaud during the service. The camp is really about worship the theme this year being Stewardship of the earth including stewardship of each other..... The only thing we come into camp with is the theme and the music we will do. Everything else is created by the campers. That includes Chancel Drama, Dance, and Prayers all created and done by the campers. After a "Hug-a-thon" (major group hug), we posed for photos, like this one that a parent did for me on my camera.

IMG_5437w.png


Along with the 9 campers, we had two camp councilors, and 3 adult volunteers (that would be me and 2 others). We are had to locate as none of have decided what we want to be when we grow up....... A few moments after that was taken, this started to happen:

IMG_5441w.png


Which ultimately broke down to this:

IMG_5445w.png


OK, I need to catch up on some serious lost sleep, so I will be in here bright and early (around noon) tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning

Ray - welcome back! Sorry to hear about your allergy issues, that asthma can be nasty stuff. Sounds like your music camp was still a success anyway.

Chris - that's horrifying to read about animals getting tortured, never could understand what drives psychos like him!

CJ - I think I've already damaged the track beyond repair. This stuff was part of the layout I had in my previous house. When I dismantled it, I thought I would never use it again so I used it for scenery practice and got matte medium all over the tracks. That stuff was a nightmare to get off, I used a dremel wirebrush on it since nothing else seemed to work (didn't realize the folly of doing that at the time). I've tried all sorts of things since then to repair the damage but it's permanently discolored and nothing seems to have any effect on it. Brightbuoys only made it worse...:( One thing I still haven't tried yet is the trick of rubbing it with ultra-fine-grit sandpaper and dragging a screwdriver over it, that's supossed to get rid of the little burrs [according to some people].

At least I found a way to make my Soundtrax-equipped locos usable: I just set the CVs so I control the sound separately from the motor. I drove myself nuts last night, forgot to change programming modes from 'on-line' to 'paged' and kept getting FAIL readings from my CVs on the programming track. Around 30 minutes later I discovered my error and breathed a sigh of relief...
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good Morning ! Just a quick cup of coffee and off to do the grocery shopping . Howdy Ray nice to see you back , have to go see you all soon , Hope everyone has a hnice day!!!!
 
Good morning folks

67 F and raining was the drive in this morning. High today will be 84 F and the rain is supposed to stop later this afternoon. Hopefully it will since we have tickets to the Wilmington Blue Rocks game tonight.

It was a busy weekend. We did the bi-weekly grocery shopping chore. The kids attended a inline skating birthday party. Yesterday we drove out to the outlets in Lancaster and hit the Coleman Store to pick up some items for the Cub Scout pack.

I had the best modeling weekend in quite a while. I weathered two Intermountain steel reefers, two Atlas wood reefers, two P1K composite gondolas, and two Walthers USRA gondolas.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning folks. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I finished building three of my bench work modules. I had brought one upstairs to see the scale compared to the room. When I finished two more, I had no intentions of bringing them inside. Then I remembered that we are going on a five day vacation with the in-laws and would need the garage to park the cars. Having no where else to put the tables, I brought them upstairs. What did I find out? I forgot to add the inch and a half thickness of the 1x4's to the overall width of each section. It's not a problem that can't be fixed. I can use the section in a different area. I will just have to compensate with a couple of the next modules built. I know I thought about this when I was buying the foam. I had Lowes cut the foam into 2 2x6 sections and 1 2x4. When I wrapped the foam in pine, I went around the foam, rather then cut it down. Hence the inch and a half extra thickness per module. Good thing I brought the sections inside to get a cheap thrill!

Now that the room is filling in, my wife is starting to get nervous. She made the comment that she should have never said I could have the space. I asked her how this was effecting her in any way. She smiled and couldn't answer. She just thinks it's a bit extreme to fill half of a 14x20 room with a 'toy train'. I told her that she just doesn't like to see me happy. She smiled and nodded her head! That was the end of the conversation. Knowing her true feelings, I need to build the rest of the bench work as fast as I can!

I hope everyone has a good day!

P.S. Welcome back Ray!
 
Mornin' everyone!

Thanks for the welcome backs..... Music camp is one of the very special weeks of my life every year. It renews my spirit, restores my soul, and gives me very special blessings to a part of a very unique camp. We have had years where we had 35 campers for it, so this was a very small year. Tuesday evening we did our cookout in the campsite which is headed up by me and consists of Beef Stew, Vegetarian Stew, and Boy Scout recipe Peach Cobbler. After we had cleaned up, played some camp games, and chatted for quite a while, everyone was called to come into a cabin for an impromptu evening Vespers. Since I was burning out equipment (cleaning the dutch ovens), I stayed back and watched the fire. What should have been under an hour ended up taking well over 3 hours. Several of the campers poured out to each other some of the things that were going on in their lives. We are taking some real "heavy" stuff here (one of the girls' boyfriend was killed in a car accident a few weeks ago, for instance). The care, support, and love shown to each other in that cabin as well as for the rest of the week was an very real life example of what the camp theme of stewardship for each other was all about. The adults were in tears for a while even after they were done with the session. I had fallen asleep watching the glowing embers of the campfire and awoke to find 5 campers each standing about 10 feet apart just looking to the warmth and glow of the campfire. A most powerful aura was surrounding the whole group. No words were spoken, but I knew the Lord was present........ Miracles still do happen!

I don't usually talk about my personal faith on here, but knowing that many of you have deep faith, it was something I wanted to share. BTW, I am a liberal Presbyterian and an ordained Deacon in the church.

In other news, my son sent me a photo of my Granddaughter this morning:

LittleShopperw.png


She appears to love to shop........

Have a great day all!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ray Thats a great picture, is she shopping for Flo, thanks for sharing it Ray.

busy day today at work, then at home i cut a 30ft ash tree down that was taking over,,, was taking over but not any more :)
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Chris, nice to hear you got all that rain. I remember going to camp for the first time. I hated it the first day but was happy as a clam after that. I have the feeling your wife will calm down after the first day too and then you both can probably find something to do. :)

Steve, very nice diorama but where's the trains? Sure, that big hunk of steel looks OK but you need some real tracks, properly spiked down to sleepers too.

Ken, trust me on this. Go down to the auto parts store and get some Mother's Mag Wheel Polish. Go over all the track with alcohol and then polish the rails with the Mother's polish. Your trains will run like swiss watches and you'll only have to clean your tracks once every six months or so. Nothing stutters on my layout and my sound engines never miss a beat. Before I did the clean and polish routine, I had exactly the same problems.

H, I sure wish I had kids that would go down to the basement and make trees for me. Mine just want to shopping for shoes. :)

Corey, everything looks smaller in 3D than it does on paper no matter how good you plan. I saw your other pictures though and it looks like you have a good start. I rather suspected your wife might not take as kindly to filling up the room as you first thought. Like I said, it looks bigger once you start working on it. You also find out those little errors in measurement as you go along. :D

CJ, we had a few storms in the early afternoon but got a real whopper about 6:00 pm. I was at church and it rained hard with almost continuous lightning for over an hour. It was a weird one because there was nothing on radar when I left. One of those tall billboards across the freeway from the church took a direct hit from the lightning. Very impressive clap of thunder. :eek: I would guess there was about two inches of rain at church, which is about 8 miles from my house. When I got home, I checked the gauge and we got a lousy .31 inches. :(

Ray, welcome back, we missed you but we also charged all our food to your tab. :D Sounds like a very successful camp on many levels. Funny what strange little activities really bring people together. Too bad you allergies had to flare up just when you needed your voice but I get the feeling your voice was heard in other ways. Very cute picture of your granddaughter. She is a shopper in training for sure.

Made it to the ball game Saturday night and we had a nice dry slot that kept the rain away. Played a double header to make up for one of the rain-outs but ended up splitting it 1-1. The games started at 5:35 PM and ended at 10:30 PM. I like baseball but five hours is hard on the butt. :) It was hot and humid the whole time. Summer in the Southland. Was up early for church Sunday and then had to do bunch of other stuff around the house until we went back to church at 5:00 PM. For some reason, I feel like Ray. Just not enough sleep or something so I'm going to take a nap and see if that helps. I always feel worn out for a couple of days after a Meniere's attack so maybe that's the problem. Our "not so hot" front came through last night so the high has "only" been 92 today. No more chance of rain for the next five days or so. There's an interesting looking tropical wave in the Atlantic between Africa the Lesser Antilles that has the potential for development over the next 7-10 days. We'll have to keep an eye on that one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning From Florida!

WEATHER
8 AM 79 °F Rain Coastal storms developing. 2 PM 87 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered showers and storms moving inland. 10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds; A few scattered coastal showers toward morning.


LOCAL NEWS
Floodwaters, critters remain a concern
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Got to love living in Florida:D

Deal could mean sale for Busch Gardens
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Buy BG and get free Tourest RR to run!:)


PERSONAL NOTE
7/14/08--Day one, Boy at camp, no calls to pick him up! He's going to love that camp, I wanted to go!:p

Jim Wife calmed down late last night, and Yes, we found something to do;) :D :p Yes, It never rains down here but it pours! Port Richy got some flood issues due to drainage problems:rolleyes: O'Well that's life in florida:D

Ken I Like Dog's, and that guy is lucky I wasn't around that beach!:mad: My boot would have been so far up his ________ he would have been flossing his teeth with my boot laces! I HOPE THEY DEPORT HIM!The Puppy is a cute one too;) :) I'm just suprised that the other beach go'ers didn't do noting to stop him sooner!:mad: He just Lucky I wasn't there!:mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ray Little girls are Women in training! Looks like she knows how to shop!;) BTW: thanks For buying Breakfast for everyone Ray, Next Time leave you credit card, it will make billing a lot easier on Flo!

Steve I love droping trees:D ! thats fun........Just the clean up and hauling away stinks!:mad: Any time you get to mess with a Chain Saw is time well spent;) :D

EDIT
7/15/08-- Hey i'm Recycling the post!LOL's
Day two with no Ryan, House is way to quiet! No kid to yell at:mad: yelled at the wife she yelled back at be and kicked my ________, Yelled at the dog Dogs they tried to bite me!:( Ain't the same, Nobody to pick on that won't pick back!:( :( :( O'Well Flo...One Large Coffee to go! Ray or Steve is buying today:D ! Gots to goto work See ya guys! the grass waits for no man to mow it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Bill, I don't see steak and eggs on the menu? That's not right! Long as Ray and Steve are paying I want steak and Eggs! OOOOOOOh Floooooooo!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top