Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say one thing about anti-virus... Linux... :D Congrats on the anniversary! I wish you the best.
 
Looks to be a habbit now of missing breakfast!

WEATHER
8 AM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.
2 PM 92 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers A few isolated storms.
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds.
We got some late AM showers already and my get some more later on!:)

LOCAL NEWS
Red light cameras bringing in the bucks
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
I had one lawn to mow plus mine this morning, I got the customers lawn done first. Then got home The Boy and I started ours, got half way done and it started to pour! It only raind 30 min. but it was enough to make the lawn too wet to mow!:rolleyes: I cry when we don't get rain for two days, but as soon as I want to do something outside..........It Rains!:rolleyes: Went inside and worked on our Aquariums, my sons was a mess:eek: totaly cleaned the wet dry filter:eek: scraped tha algae of the glass and plucked some hair algae off the live rock. Looks better!:) Just made a few adjustments to the water, added some needed elements to it:) and cleaned the skimmer filter. I'm done now:) :) time to enjoy watching the fish!

Jim,Sorry about your ball game! I know first hand what Rain+clay='s Crap Soup:mad: ! You can add all the drainage and clay amendments you want to infield clay:rolleyes: but when it pour you just have to wait till the sun shines again!:D

Steve I haven't been to a train or hobby show in a couple of years!:( I gots to start making time!

Paul Jim and I are tring to save Steve from the evil RC monster! don't look like we're making any head way:confused:


SPAMMERS!:mad: Maw Fetch my GUN! I got's Spam to KILL!:eek:
 
Jim: I hope you're watching ball 'cause the thunder boomers are all over the place. We have another small one coming in now with a temp of 96, heat index 104. Radar map looks like measles.
Yeah, the MER convention looks like it will be a dandy. I would love to go, but too far. I used to live in Reston back in the days of my gov work.
BTW: Happy Anniversary!:)

KenL: Your going to love it.

Andy: Glad to see you here.

Chris: B----! B----! B----!:D

WHERES THE MOUSE?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I got AVG a year ago and it does a way better job. Kind of strange though, every time it does an update, it wants me to reboot, which it never did before.
Uninstall AVG completely then reinstall it. Mine did the same thing after I upgraded from version 7.5 to version 8. Reinstalling took care of it.
 
Good evening one and all!

Jim - I'm such a ditz, I totally forgot to wish you and your lady a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Sorry your game got rained out, but at least your area finally got some...

Rex - Thanks for the MER link, I perused the layout photo section. I might go to it this year, if I can get any of my local mrr friends to go with. It's primarily Virginia modelers, they have their own cliques and I never really felt too comfortable around them. Too bad the Mt Claire Division ceased to exist...:(

Jeffrey - sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday

Chris, I see you've rediscovered the secret of how to get rain: Just make plans to do something weather-dependent!

Steve - If that guy has the money for a historic jet, he must have one heluva model railroad

About the DCC installation: It took me longer than anticipated to clear away all the old RJ11 [4-wire] phone cables that I used with my CM-20's. Then at lunch I was pressed into honeydoo service, helping Vicky make the house presentable for a gathering she's hosting tomorrow. It was 7:00pm before I finally got back into the trainroom. I trimmed and soldered all the new wires and got everything ready, but I did NOT power it up - I was way too exhausted, and if it fails I want to be well rested enough to think clearly and troubleshoot it. Hopefully that won't be necessary though...
 
Chris I met the owner Of This today, he's a model railroader

I think you got more invested in your Tank than he has on that plane!:eek: :D :rolleyes: ;) :p So...........When are you going to get a real tiger?;)

Ken L.Yes, I have become the rain maker! It will will rain tomarrow cause I need to finish my Yard!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


07-13-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
chocolate-frosted-donuts.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Believe it or not he only has a 4' x 2' with trams, streetcars on and the Faller road system installed so the bus's can drive round, every spare coin goes into the Vulcan
 
Good Morning From Soggy Florida!

"Flo......Large coffee and 4 eggs over easy, 6 strips of bacon, big pile of home fries, 4 slices of Rye bread toasted lightly, short stack of pan cakes, Big glass of Florida OJ, and Big Glass of water! and put it on all Steve's and Jim's Tab! Thanks:) ";) :D

WEATHER
8 AM 75 °F Rain Mosly cloudy with some coastal showers.
2 PM 87 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Mostly Cloudy with scattered showers moving inland.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds. Few scattered showers.
Rain Chances for today(60%)

LOCAL NEWS
Budget axe could claim agriculture program
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
We got rain from 8am last night to around 3am this morning!:D 1 1/4 in the bucket! I'm impressed and beside myself. Today my wife and I drop my son off at camp. This will be his first time away from us for a week!:eek: My wife is more nervous than Ryan.LOL's;) My son is excited and nervous all at the same time, I cant wait to see how it all comes out for Ryan!:)
Now me and my wife will have the Whole House to our selves!:D What shall we do:confused: Any ways She'll more than likely be a nervous wreck the whole week and won't enjoy her self!LOL's O'well:) :rolleyes:

STEVE, At least he has TRAINS running!:eek: :rolleyes: LOL's I bet that Guy is single, No Kids, Great paying job and has tons of Me Time on his hands! I hate to talk to him around the water cooler at work:( Here him brag about flying his jet! I don't even want to see his fuel bill after a weekend:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:


Rex B_______,B________,B_______;) :D
 
Good morning.

It's 74 this morning and clear. It won't stay that way though. The high is expected to be in the mid 90's and it'll be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/13/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
 
Slow morning here. Forecast is 87 and humid. Kids are in the basement making trees for their old man :D A couple of dozen should keep them busy for awhile.
 
Chris you know, if you didn't ask him he would not even mention it, he's a real decent type of guy, very down to earth,,, except when he's airborn that is;)

tanks13-07-08001.jpg
 
Good morning Clubbers!

Here's the verdict on my DCC infrastructure installation:
All the track (including the steel mill) is functional, and my radio receiver unit picks up signals from even the farthest corner of the trainroom...that's the good news. OTOH, the track needs to be more thoroughly cleaned. The steel mill track is so bad that I'm constantly having to nudge the loco and often have to press down on it just to keep it moving. (And this is even after I gave that trackwork what I thought was a good cleaning!:eek: ) Also, my 3 (so far) sound-equipped locos can't really be run the way I want to run them, i.e., with momentum. As soon as one of them hits a 'shaky' spot the decoder re-boots, and the engine sits there until it reaches momentum and starts to move slowly...for a few more inches until it hits another weak spot! Oh well, this doesn't upset me too much because I currently don't have (a) the money or (b) adequate space under the shells to fit all my engines with sound. I can survive another few years without it.

Steve - guess I shoulda known, your vulcan friend practices his MR hobby the same way you do - 80% on military toys, 20% on trains!:D :rolleyes:

Gotta go get ready for noon Mass, see you all later!
 
Good morning folks. I'm filling in at work this afternoon, so I have a broken up day. Noon to four is the most worthless shift I've seen. One of my guys is on vacation, so I volunteered.

I will be resuming my bench work assembly line when I get home. It feels good to get something built. I figured out how I wanted to support the legs, so I can start building the rest of the sections. This large space is going to be too small in a couple of days! Jim, I think you warned me about that before.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday, and a great week!
 
Do ya like my Diorama Ken,,,, ;) :) :) it starts by the back door and finishes down the garden.
I know what your on about Ken,,, it's frustrating when the locos stop like that, i have one section thats fine one minuet then terrible the next. Enough to drive one outside
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Mornin' clubbers!

Chip!
Glad to see ya back! I have to agree with you about the family moving to Tuscaloosa!:D:D Better Rex than me!:D:D;)

KenL;

Sounds like you need to get in there with a block of wood, a 1X2 about 2" long. Turned on end and rubbed on the track, it's abrasive enough to get the dirt and crud off without damaging the track, that is scratching it so even more dirt collects. Its a variation on John Allen's masonite pads.

Jim;

Looks like on radar, yall are getting pounded with storms again. Its supposed to rain like that up here, but so far we've only had some light showers but a lot of thunder. Storms just went north and south of us.

Thanx for the coffee, Flo! Just put it on Chip's bill.:D
Time to go back downstairs and try to finish up some more projects.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top