Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, Everyone.

I think I'll have some french toast today. Howdy Paul, Jeffrey, Old97, and Tom. It's hot again here today but we have a slight chance of thunderstorms. Bertha has weakened to a cat 2 and has finally taken the predicted turn to the north. It looks like, unless you live in Bermuda, that Bertha isn't going to be a threat to anyone and will die in the north Atlantic. Nothing else of interest in the tropics right now although the long range models point to a tropical low forming in the southern Gulf by the end of the week.
 
Hello everyone and a good day to'ya!
Just got back from a teeth cleaning appointment and looks like we are going ahead and plan for the yanking of my upper, front, 4 teeth. I go back in two weeks for an impression and then we will pull the teeth when the partial comes in. Going to try it with same day fitting. I'm not sure if I will like it or not, but I'm so dang vain I don't want to go several weeks looking like the redneck that I am LOL:D . A darn bridge would cost around $4500 and forget considering implants. The darn partial is bad enough at somewhere around $850 and the sorry insurance only covers around 30-40% eek: . Besides, there are no guarantees that I won't lose other teeth in the coming years. Oh well, 'nuff of that. Ya'll have a good'un.;) :)
 
Sorry, I missed Breakfast!

WEATHER
Got some more rain this after noon before I got home! 1/4" of the wet stuff:D

LOCAL NEWS
Shopper's fingertip bitten off during meat market scuffle
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Man bitten by rattlesnake in Wal-Mart
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

PERSONAL NOTE

Jim Burtha is going away:( I know you need rain so I'll try to send it your way:) if not I can mail you some drops of it!:rolleyes: LOL's

I'm telling ya......Wash and Wax your cars real pretty and stuff you'll get a 75% chance of rain! if no rain at least your rides will look good! It's a win win:D

Rex You live in the south for God sakes nobody will notice your missing your front teeth!LOL's If the prices are too much.........Try Mexico's dentist, I heard they can do it for less!
 


Happy belated birthday, Jeffrey! I hope it was a great one~!

Chris...I got up early this morning and washed and detailed my car and dag nab it...it is pouring right now. Grrrrrrrr!

I had to attend the funeral of a girl that I grew up with. On the 4th, she and her brother rode their motorcycles up to Allenspark, not too far from Estes Park. She only had her motorcycle license for a week and certainly was not used to mountain roads. She lost control and went over the edge of the road and down the mountain embankment. She was only 38. The service began in the sanctuary and then was moved to the fellowship hall where the family had colorful tablecloths and flowers on all the tables. It became a celebration of her life and was a lovely service.

I saw so many friends who I seem to see at weddings and funerals and as we talked about how we do not get together for the purpose of just getting together, I decided that this Fall I am going to organize a get-together for all of my friends. I guess if I organize it NOW...everyone can be there. Not sure what I am getting myself into. :rolleyes:

Jim, how is your daughter enjoying her new apartment? I remember how fun AND scary it was moving into my first place.

Rex, SMILE :D !!! I would imagine living without a couple o' teeth for a few days might feel a bit awkward...but you are from Tuscaloosa! Don't let anyone mess with you!! ;)

Have a terrific evening!
 
Happy belated birthday, Jeffrey! I hope it was a great one~!
It was a busy one. I spent the morning helping my father cut an enormous (15' wide x 10' high) Lady Banks bush out of the back garden and the afternoon was dominated by a couple of fire calls. Needless to say, I went to bed early.
 
Rex, I'd really urge to rethink the plan about having the partial in on the same day they pull your teeth. I had my dentures on the same day they pulled my teeth and it was the most painful experience of my life. My dentist gave me a crap load of opiates and it didn't even touch the pain. It took about a week before I could put them in without almost passing out. Talk to your dentist first - maybe four teeth isn't so bad. If I had it to do over again, I'd hide out in the house for a week and let the gums start to heal before I tried the dentures.

Chris, the high here was 100 degrees. Unless I get up at abut 4:00 am, there's no way I can wash and wax the vehicles without getting heatstroke. Do you think it would have the same effect if I paid someone else to do it? :) Bertha is wandering off to a watery grave so no help there. We had thunderstorms in Montgomery but we got bypassed again.

Sandy, at least you're getting rain, which is a good thing in Denver. Too bad it came after all the work on your car. That's really terrible news about your friend. I know that road through Allenspark and I didn't like driving it in a car, let alone a motorcycle. Sounds like a nice funeral at least. I've lost touch with a lot of my friends that I only see at weddings and funerals too so I think you're doing a really good thing. Probably more work than you expect but I suspect it will really be worth it. Number one is doing just as you said - both having fun and being scared. She's handling it and school pretty well. We were over at her place today and it was amazingly clean and neat, compared to her room here, which was always a disaster. I guess you get a different attitude when it's your own place rather than mom and dad's. :)

Jeffrey, what the heck is a Lady Banks bush? Sounds like it could feed the world if it was edible. :D
 
07-09-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning crew,

Looks like my plans for wiring up the layout this weekend for DCC have hit a brick wall: the 6-wire flat modular cables I need, to daisy-chain my Loco-Net panels, isn't available anywhere within driving distance. [Rotor - you remember my post about this on the Kalmbach "DCC" forum?] I also learned that I need to buy an expensive crimping tool which I don't have a clue how to use, and make my own cables. Geez I hate it when I have to suddenly stop work on a project like this, sure wish I could've planned for it!:mad:

Sandy - condolences about the loss of your friend.

Rex - lotsa luck on the teeth, I echo Jim's cautionary statements though...

Have a good day everyone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rex I have had friends who have done it both ways. It all depends on how bad the teeth are and how much pain tolerance you have. Some of my friends would do the same thing you are and had no trouble at all others had some discomfort. While others waited a week or two before the plates were started in use and had a real hard time adjusting to them. Good luck with whatever you decide.
 


Good morning folks

77 F and humid was the weather this morning. High toady will be 87 F with thunderstorms. The wife has a long day today. She has two outreaches at libraries in southern Delaware in Millsboro and Laurel. It is a 116 mile trip for her one way.

I had to mow the lawns last night. I did it around 7 PM and the humidity was bad. I let the dogs out at 10 PM and when you opened the door the heat and humidity literally punched you the face. It had gotten worse after the sun went down.

I worked some more on the Mather stock car.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Jeffrey, what the heck is a Lady Banks bush? Sounds like it could feed the world if it was edible. :D
It's a type of Chinese wild rose bush. It has no thorns and it has small flowers a little larger than the American wild rose. There are two varieties, a cultivated type that has double flowers with numerous petals filling in the center of the bloom and a natural wild type that has single flowers with five petals. The one in my parents garden is a wild type. The rose is named after Lady Banks, the wife of botanist Sir Joseph Banks. The largest such rose bush is in Tombstone, Arizona. It covers about 8,000 square feet of the roof of an inn. As far as my father and I are concerned, it's just another weed, but my mother loves it. It won't be long before it's growing up again.

Good morning.

It's 73 and sunny here. Sadly, it won't remain sunny as thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon. The high is expected to be in the mid 90's.

Looks like today may be a grass cutting day, if the grass is high enough that is. If not, it'll probably be Friday or Saturday.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/9/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
 
Good Morning ALL ! Yuck it's overcast and looks like rain. Ohwell good day to look at the old layout. Rex sorry to hear about the teeth. I was on a car accident about twenty years ago and had my front four teeth on the right side banged up. Well that stayed in and now my dentist informed me that their all dead and have to some out. So my problem seems a lot like yours. I just got over an infection in the one and it is loose as a goose so not much longer . We can compare are red-neck look .Sandy my condolences on the passing of your friend. It's sad but the truth weddings and funerals is where we see friends and families the most . Jeffrey have to post a pic of Lady Banks would love to see her .Jim those storms can all die a death in the North Atlantic . Well gonna get going and enjoy my day . Hope you all have a good one also !!!!!!!Oh BTW Jim that is an out door cactus . It is a variety that winters outside up here . Isn't that something .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all! Just about time for some lunch here in T-town.

Sandy: I'm so sorry about the tragic accident of your friend. My sincere condolences.

Jim/Ken/Larry/Paul: Thank you for your input. Yeah, I have heard both views on this procedure and I really don't know which way to go. The four teeth (between the canines) are in good shape and look good; it's just that the bone has detoriated away from them and now they are very loose, making it uncomfortable to eat. There won't be any molars removed as this is the only area of concern. We have tried to keep them as long as possible with cleanings every 3 months, but now two are staying sore at the gum. The biggest advantage I've been told about "same day procedure" is getting a better and immediate fit, but even this requires some adjustments. I could handle the toothless look by retiring to the layout for 3-6 weeks:D . It still doesn't make a lot of sense to me for something to be put on RAW gums. I guess you can always take them out if the pain is too bad??? Can't you??
Pain: Three types of pain that I can't stand are tooth, ear, and stomach. I'm a real sissy with these. Cut me, hit me, shoot me, but don't give me a stomach ache. :D :D
BTW: I have all of this to blame on myself. Through the years, I brushed my teeth regularly and thought that I was taking good care of them. However, my fear of the dentist chair prevented me from getting regular cleanings that eventually resulted in gum disease that deterioted the bone. What a dumb butt I was (am)!

Ken: If you called Tony's right now, you may could get the Loconet cables by Saturday. Just give them the length and they will make them up for you. Its not that much more expensive than doing it all yourself.

Paul: See a Lady Banks bush...I ain't even going there:D :D :D
 
Sandy sorry to hear that, it's such a waste of good life.

Rex No way, i'd go for the toothless inbred look a few weeks, months if i were you, it's the less painful option, not that it's gonna be pain free, fingers crossed for you sir and good luck.

My heads hurting now, just fitted the last of dads doors, got a very good dousing in the rain for my trouble, then once home i planed some Japanese logs down and stained and varnished them, i'll get a picture when there done.
 
While your suffering Rex think how much i'll be suffering at the NZ tank club days, LOL the members are.....are.... are,,, what was i saying, members Mmmmm
normal_Military_Weekend_Pt1_031.jpg

normal_IMG_0312.jpg
 
I had a little mis-adventure while mowing my parents yard this morning. More later.
Now on with the mis-adventure. I was just wrapping up the south-west quadrant of the front yard (a half acre by itself) when I saw my mother standing at one of the three front doors of the house frantically waving her arms over her head in an effort to get my attention. Well, it worked. I stopped the tractor and went down to see what was the matter. That's when she told me there was a critter in the house. I asked her what type of critter and she said it was a possum. At that point I knew I had a fight on my hands. Those things are NASTY with a capitol 'N'! First item of business was to get something to trap it in. An old four gallon galvanized bucket that we use to catch rain water from the roof immediately sprang to mind. I got it then had her show me where the possum was. It was in the library. Great! That gave it a thirty foot long section of wall that was nothing but shelves and pigeon holes, a couple hundred places to hide. There are countless odds and ends along the wall and a heavy flat-screen TV right in the middle. Guess what the possum was behind. That's right, the TV. The one thing in the room that couldn't be moved by myself or my mother. While she locked the dogs (three of them) in a bedroom I set about reducing the number of possible hiding places for the possum. After a little while I had it trapped in a ten foot long space in which it could only move along the wall behind the TV, and there was nothing for it to climb. I set the bucket on it's side at the south end then started poking at the possum with my walking stick. It immediately turned and went the wrong way, north, toward the end that my mother was at. She used an old bamboo umbrella (don't ask me how old it is, I just know it's older than I am) to whack it gently on the nose and turn it in the other direction. I then poked at it several more times with my walking stick. Eventually it was desperately seeking a way out and I provided it. I moved aside a heavy stamp album that was blocking the south end. The possum ran through the hole and ran smack into the bucket. I quickly tipped it upright and slammed a square of tin down over it. I quickly tied the tin down and carried the bucket out to the tractor and took it a quarter mile down the road to an abandoned boat launch. There I released the possum. It ran out of the bucket, turned and glared at me, hissed, then ran off into the woods. I went back, returned the bucket to it's original location then finished mowing the yard. My mother decided that possum catching was above and beyond the call of duty and took me to lunch at the restaurant of my choice after I finished the yard and got cleaned up. That thing bit my walking stick at one point and left some pretty deep teeth marks in it. And just to keep this model railroad related, the library in my parent's home used to be a two car garage in 1970, in which the HO/OO layout that I got in Germany as a Christmas present in 1966 was set up.
 


Dang it! I missed Breakfast AGAIN! My bad!!!

WEATHER
First evening with no rain!
Rain chance for the next 7 day is less than 30%

LOCAL NEWS
Owners can’t afford to keep pets
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

STEVEO O now I guess your trains are lost for life:( You got to love RC events.......LOL's You don't see that at MRR train shows or club meets!

JIM Next 7 days looks dry here! Might have to wash and wax the vehicals again;) and no Jim paying someone to do it is cheating and won't work. I'm afraid your going have to sweat my friend:D if you want rain.

Jim we're going have to do something with Steve fast! We're going to loose him to Tank Ho's!:eek:

REX Look away, Steve will take you to the wrong side of the tracks! Look away, Rex look away! I wonder if a Mod. would remove that corupting pic? will loose more MRR'ers to RC!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top