Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
But Chris, it sounds like I would be safe if I don't wear tennis shoes. :D

Barry: I think he is saying he has a love affair with them. That boy is strange! :rolleyes:;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Carey: I showed Carolyn the photo of your Grandson and she thought him the cutest. (Jeeze! It is hard to believe he is related to you, but glad he took from his momma. Just hope he can grow hair ROTFLMAO ):D :D
 
But Chris, it sounds like I would be safe if I don't wear tennis shoes. :D

Barry: I think he is saying he has a love affair with them. That boy is strange! :rolleyes:;)

Rex, I rubberband you photo to the chicken!! You know Gators have a way to get into the house!;):p
 


Chris- I dont think ive ever heard of a kayak/gator attack, though i suppose its possible, a 10-12ft long olive green thing floating past during mating season, i can see a gator taking a look at it. Sure glad i live in NY :D. Oh and nice to hear your altering your eco system with chicken fed gators :D:p

Jim- Crocs, Gators, same thing :p, jk not really. Glad to hear your wifes feeling better. I know im extremely optimistic about my trek across lake george, i think ill attempt to do the width first, 1-3 miles depends where i set in, then go for the big trek :). Im not sure about our local dispatchers, i was offered some sort of job through the youth court system of my school/town and i know it was volunteer because i wasnt 14 (legal age for working papers in NY).

Well my parents had a card night tonight, so im pretty tired but i wanted to check the computer before i headed to bed. Tommorow morning im hoping ill get to ride up and check out a new camp my dad joined this past week, and im gonna try and bring the kayak, with the exception of the hudson river, ill take any open water i can find right now, im itching to go :D
 
Good morning. It's 34 and clear. The high will be in the mid 50's and it will be partly cloudy.

Went to Alexandria yesterday with some friends and made a stop at the LHS where I picked up a Bachmann Silver Series B&O boxcar in the yellow paint scheme. From there we went to Hobby Lobby, which was the big draw for the rest of the crowd. With most everything 50% off, I can see why. Also picked up some model cement and a jar of WS blended turf. A wheelchair isn't too bad when you have someone to push it. Got home and found that my two new Bachmann flatcars with container loads had arrived in the mail. I also found something on my doorstep from the local rivet counter. A D&RGW 'Cookie Box' boxcar. I have little use for it myself but a friend sent me an email message asking if he can have it and I'll be sending it off at the earliest opportunity. I also have several other packages that will be going out soon.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2307.jpg
 
Good Morning---

We's be getting those little tiny snowflurries mixed in with a few 'incidents of sun' ---well---sorta.:rolleyes: Tomorrow we'll be getting about 5cm of snow---which is the most we seen so far up here:rolleyes:;);)

Got to pick up a few goodies for New Years eve a little on the early side---reason? ---no mad rush!!:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Funny thing this--around here the boxing day sales are all over the map when it comes to crowds--then the day after -----nada--:rolleyes::eek: Ergo--I go out the day AFTER boxing day---heeheehee:D:D:D

Well--you all have a good one---this little one be all getting ready to do dis--:D:D
 
Matt, just stay out of the NY sewers and your safe from Gators! LOL's I never heard of a kayaker getting attacked? 12'-14' gator could very easy take out a kayak and its rider! I would love to kayak the everglades.......I here that's the best place!!!!!
 
My FIL had his feeding replaced this morning. I am going to blow a gasket if he has to pay for the rehab room while he is in the hospital. Rehab messed up the feeding tube and if his insurance will not pay for a second feeding tube op then they is gonna pay or else. If the politicians think they have fixed health care they can kiss my rosy red. Oh well it will all even out in the end and the proper people will pay for this boondoggle. Off soap box!!! I hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and I am really looking forward to the new year. Out with the old and in with the new.
 
Larry, I agree with you. The rehab people should have to pay for it being that they were the ones who caused the problem in the first place. What they did was inexcusable! The charts should ALWAYS be checked for changes. That's why they're there.
 


My FIL had his feeding replaced this morning. I am going to blow a gasket if he has to pay for the rehab room while he is in the hospital. Rehab messed up the feeding tube and if his insurance will not pay for a second feeding tube op then they is gonna pay or else. If the politicians think they have fixed health care they can kiss my rosy red. Oh well it will all even out in the end and the proper people will pay for this boondoggle. Off soap box!!! I hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and I am really looking forward to the new year. Out with the old and in with the new.

Just remember....."The people that brought you the post office and Amtrak will be bring you your health care!":rolleyes: Only ones that can fix health care is us! I got my pitch fork and torchs ready, do you!;):D Larry my wife and son to have been in and out of the hospitals and Dr's office all year long and The health care system is nuts Better than most but still nuts! We will start to see things get better in this country when the American people take charge and stop depending on and trusting Politicians who lie to get their pay checks to do OUR jobs for us.;)JMO.. Off this Soap box!

God bless Everyone and Hope the new year starts off better!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheeeesh:mad:---The way some in the healthcare field are one wonders whether they REALLY were interested in doing the work or whether they were pushed into it, or even just got into it for the status and/or $$$.:eek::mad: People keep forgetting that piece of paper only qualified you to do the work and to work well---:mad::mad:

Better get off'n this soapy box--:eek::eek:
 
Larry, I agree with you. The rehab people should have to pay for it being that they were the ones who caused the problem in the first place. What they did was inexcusable! The charts should ALWAYS be checked for changes. That's why they're there.

Mistakes like that are due to some one not qualified to do the job doing it! They hire people fresh out of school(wet behind the ears) and don't finish training them when they set them loose on the patients. When my wife was in the hospital I was always witching to the admen about staff and conditions of the hospital! Heck I demanded one nurse to get fired for mistreating my wife. I don't know if she got fired but I raised holy hell on them, after that my wife got way better treatment......If'n ya go to the hospital you have to have someone watching your back or you won't get the care you should. Funny thing is we put way more attention in choosing our auto mechanic or Dentist than we do our Doctor or Hospital we go to! and I believe thats because the Money directly come out of OUR wallets to pay the bill and not someone elses!! Sorry for the rant's I'm just full of beans today! What else is New?;):rolleyes::D
 
BTW..........Who's dang box is this anyways? Who ever left the soap box on the floor please come and pick it up!
 
Morning all! Flo, it's lunch time and Chris said he would treat the house. The sun has been trying to come through all morning, but having a hard time of it. Jim, I just was watching the Weather Channel and it looks like the moisture will be out of here by Thursday. I know, WC is not the best source for information and I am still hoping your forecast is accurate:D.

Larry, I asked my wife about the feeding tube and running meds through it. That is a normal procedure, but the medicines (pills) have to be prepared correctly, mostly by crushing and dilution. Also, the tube must be flushed before and after. Even with this prep some medicines will have a tendency to clog and some can't be used this way at all (Prevacid). The fact that it stopped up is not unusual, but sometimes can be cleared without replacement. If I read your first post on this correctly, the problem your FIL had seems to have come from not reading the Doctors orders correctly and giving a med with that method that they shouldn't have, not the procedure itself. The cost should be covered by his insurance or Medicare. Medicare will pay for 30 days of rehab and not cost anyone a dime, but you have to apply for it at the Rehab.

On the light side: Chris and all, you would be surprised how many gators are in Alabama. Most think of Louisiana, Florida, or Southern Georgia, but Alabama has a very large population that starts here in West Alabama and on toward the coast. Jim's area on the Alabama River has a huge population. I have seen many while fishing, but you have to get into the backwater away from any traffic to see them.

I'm still trying to unwind from the holiday hustle, but I hope to get my hands back on the layout a little later today. Got to get this project done. What are your plans for the day?:confused:
 
My son is out riding his minibike, my wife is shopping, and I just got done with 80% of my chores and not much else from there on!
 
Chris- the everglades would be a blast to kayak, i saw manatees when i was in belize, (i think theyre in the everglades too?) that something that would be cool to see. Oh and you dont have to tell me to stay away from NYC, my place is in the mountians and the woods, not in the concrete jungle. I dont beleive the whole sewer gators thing anyways, maybe they could survive down there, but realistically who put them there in the first place?

Jeff- i'll pass on the gators, you can keep them :D , btw nice looking flat cars i saw on a different thread earlier.
 
Chris- the everglades would be a blast to kayak, i saw manatees when i was in belize, (i think theyre in the everglades too?) that something that would be cool to see. Oh and you dont have to tell me to stay away from NYC, my place is in the mountians and the woods, not in the concrete jungle. I dont beleive the whole sewer gators thing anyways, maybe they could survive down there, but realistically who put them there in the first place?

Jeff- i'll pass on the gators, you can keep them :D , btw nice looking flat cars i saw on a different thread earlier.

matt, Manatees are all over florida! I had the pleasure to swim with the manatees in crystal springs river! I went on a charter boat that takes you to see them and gave you proper safe training on how not to hurt the manatee!..... That's something that I highly recommend someone visiting florida to do! such an amazing animal, very social and friendly. Btw' the gators in the sewer is Jim's Fault!;):p
 
chris- i remember sitting in the boat then hearing this kind of gurgle sound looking over and seeing a fat grey blob floating in the water lol. it was cool to see but i definately would want to see that again, oh and i cant wait to hear your explination on hows the gators in NYC are jims fault :D
 


chris- oh and i cant wait to hear your explination on hows the gators in NYC are jims fault :D

I don't need to explain........All you need to Know is, Jim work's in mysterious ways and he's sneaky too;)!

Trust me Manatees are Uber cool.

The first time my son got to see and swim one was a Weeki Wackee river park. A young male manatee swam into to swimming area of the beach and was playing with people. He swam under our inner tube and we were rubbung his back with our feet! he stayed for a few minutes letting us rub his back then the staff at the park made everyone get out of the water so he would go away!:( Trust me, swiming with them can almost be a religious experience!:) As soon as I can get the cash next year I'll take my son to swim with them properly!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top