Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I won't have to go under the trailer. I looked in through the service entry where all the incoming/outgoing pipes and power cables go under the trailer. A thorough examination with my big Maglite shows the incoming pipes to be wrapped. They're the ones I'm concerned about. The drain pipes are all inside the trailer and tie together under the toilet so they all drain through the sewer line. Not much chance of it freezing as there's no standing water in it.
 
Good Morning All!

Corey...I have to run by the library this afternoon so I WILL snag "A Christmas Carol". I love the movie and it's been years since I read the book. Thanks :) My church puts together Christmas food baskets for some families in our town. My Dad used to be the head of our Community Services team and really got this project off the ground. We usually give each family 5 or 6 big boxes packed with food and Christmas goodies. We get all the kids in the families, gifts. We will be putting those boxes together on Wed. night and adding the refridgerated food and delivering them on Sabbath. I think that will help to energize my holiday spirit.
Toys for Tots is a fantastic effort and I think I can help out there, as well!

Larry...What a giving spirit! I know those lamps are not only lending light, but also warming a needy heart. Bless you.

Terry...You are right! That puppy was a terrific, if temporary, Christmas gift. He was a delight. Just so grateful to be out of the cold and to have some friends to 'talk' to!

Barry...I am sorry to hear about Audrey's bad break! What a 'pain' to be hobbling about at Christmas! I hope she is not hurting too badly and can manage to get around.

Rex...how do YOUR dawgs do around the Christmas tree? Do they bother it, or ignore it? :D

Jeffrey...I'm glad you don't hafta get under your place. That's the LAST thing that yu need to be doing!!

Chris...I think we might have my Grandpa's old push mower in the shed. I could put a big ol' bow on that and send it along! :D

Hope everyone has a great day! S'posed to be in the 50's here today! WooHoo!

Sandy
 
Good morning all, just reading Jeffery's weather report
Good morning. It's 55, foggy and damp. The high today will be in the mid 60's and there's a 60% chance of rain.
to compare it to mine
It's 42F here and I doubt it will hit 50 today, I wouldn't say foggy but it sure is dismal looking after the past week. According to the weather maps it's similar to the temps in the Mass. area. I guess it's getting for the freezing stuff coming in Jan.

Sandy, if no one claims that dog take it home for yourself. It's horrible what some people will do to animals when the hard times hit them. Our last dog (a Shepherd Husky mix) a pup really, was left to survive on it's own in a country area (woods). A dog catcher picked it up and took it to the SPCA shelter. She was in poor shape by then and not much better than when we took her home. She became one of the best friends we ever had and a protector no one challenged, we had her 12 years.
LADY-5.png

This newest we got (another unwanted) in 2007 at 3 1/2 months old.
Click-->
th_Gabby-1a.png
the most destructive little mutt I ever came across and that's the truth. Eventually she grew into this Click-->
th_Gabby-1-1.png
a protector that's over 100 lbs, maybe the owners knew something I didn't, she was supposed to be a mix of Shepherd and Setter, I don't know but I've never heard of a Setter or Shepherd being that size.
Anyway we wouldn't have it any other way

Y'All have a great day
Cheers
Willis
 


Hello Everyone! Let's have some lunch. Flo, give everyone what they want and charge it to the new business TYCOON, CHRIS.:p

You fellows talking about the weather: Andy would feel right at home here. It is mid-60's, drizzle, and foggy. Really a yuk day.

Sandy: The "Bama Boys" leave the Christmas tree alone, other than an occasion sniff with wishful thinking. However, the wife has one of those little towns with lighted buildings and the little people seem to strangely disappear, one-by-one (I wonder where that pile of crunched plastic came from) :confused::D. Ralph's tail is the biggest problem, particularly when he gets excited. It's like a large, swinging, whisk broom, knocking over anything and everything:D.

David: We are talking the same results; just a difference in method. What can I say...it works ;).

Willis: When we lived in the country, some of the best dogs we ever had just came wondering in and adopted us.

Jeffrey: Several years ago and during a bad freeze, a neighbor enlisted my help to unfreeze his mobile home's water lines. Turns out that all his pipes were wrapped just fine and clear, but his sewer trap just half inside the insulation had frozen...no flushy :D.

Barry: that's a bummer about Audrey's foot. Guess she will have to lug that cast around for six weeks?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Florida weather up date: Morning high 73* humid.......Noon time high 83* humid........evening? not sure but more than likely low 70's and humid. it don't sound that warm but with all that humidity in the air makes it....well not nice! I know the cold will get here some time soon........................... I hope!



BTW: Sandy, I try not to puch mowers any more, but ya can send me a nice new ZTR;-)! But I know karl might need a back up mower for that deere he runs!Hehehehehehehe.....
 
Ok guys, I looked everywhere for regular "Plaster" and it ain't to be found around here. Is this what some of you were suggesting? If so, does it crack if applied to thick? (Heck I have a whole bucket of plain ole drywall joint compound, but it cracks if too thick.)
I may not be able to find this brand. Lowes didn't have anything with the "Durabond" name.

Sheetrock-brand Durabond Setting-Type Joint Compound.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff, that was just a photo and if I find some will get around 45. I've been looking for Durabond Plaster and everyone thought I was nuts, clerk: "...no one uses plaster any more. How about plaster of paris?" :rolleyes:
Now I know why I started using P of P.:D

Only problem is Lowes doesn't stock it in the store. Don't know yet about Hodo.
Is there another brand name that does the same and as strong?
Still Looking!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


RexH Seems that Durabond is up here at our Rona's and Cashway stores---I came across a fair amount at a local Copp's Buildall as well as the Home Desperates ---so -----?:confused:

Bet you there is a barrel full of 'em in the back---clerks just don't wanna go back there--:(

-----------------------------------------

Hello---nice lazy day here---did a bit of stuff in the trainroom to get it ready for the extra family over Xmas here------

Then-----------------------------more nothing:):):D
 
Alright ive seen this thread a few times and it looks like a bit of fun, so i'll be somewhat of a copycat here.

Temp of beautiful Hudson Falls, NY tommorow, High of 36, low of 20, with a windchill which means i'll have some very cold hands walking home from school (good thing its only a 5 minutes walk :) ).

This is my first post in this type of thread, so i'll post a bit of an introduction. My name is Matt C, im 14 and a freshman at HFHS. My favorite sports to play are football, baseball, track, and golf. Some of my favorite things to do are hangout with friends/the girlfriend, go to my camp, camp with our travel trailer, kayak, hunt, fish, ride 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, help out at the local Fire Dept. during fair week, snowboard, snowmobile, lift, and run.
 
Alright ive seen this thread a few times and it looks like a bit of fun, so i'll be somewhat of a copycat here.

Temp of beautiful Hudson Falls, NY tommorow, High of 36, low of 20, with a windchill which means i'll have some very cold hands walking home from school (good thing its only a 5 minutes walk :) ).

This is my first post in this type of thread, so i'll post a bit of an introduction. My name is Matt C, im 14 and a freshman at HFHS. My favorite sports to play are football, baseball, track, and golf. Some of my favorite things to do are hangout with friends/the girlfriend, go to my camp, camp with our travel trailer, kayak, hunt, fish, ride 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, help out at the local Fire Dept. during fair week, snowboard, snowmobile, lift, and run.

In other words your the NORMAL Teen!:) Welcome to the coffee shop, and as the new Kid.....Your picking up the tab for all our food here for one month!:eek::p Just make sure your wallet is full of green backs when you walk in the door:D Your in luck most of us here no not of our ages and you should do fine with the normal banter here!:D BTW, do you like DMSF's? every so often we sling the crap here!;)
 
Barry, I will just come on up there and get some:D. Guess the local contractors don't use it or have some other brand that does the same. Lowe's has it on their website, but the store doesn't carry it. I talked to my wife's cousin that used to work with drywall and he never heard of it, but did get some names to call in the morning. Best I can tell, the biggest difference in Durabond and the regular dry wall joint compound is it resist cracking. A few years ago, I experimented with plain ole joint compound and that was a mistake. A little too thick and CRACK! Not very strong either.

Matt, welcome to the coffee shop, home of gossip about most anything. Sounds like you are a very busy fellow and I am jealous of your energy.

BTW: Flo, I'll have a 16 oz T-bone with all the trimmings. Charge it to Matt.
 
Well its always nice to know i'm average :D
And i have absolutely no clue what DMSF stands for, so youll have to explain it lol.
Thanks for the welcome
 
Rex: I used to get Dura Bond at the Lowe's store here back some years ago. I had some scenery areas that were made with it that were strong enough to walk on. Mind, I weighed under 200 back then. I top 250 now and that's after losing weight. Seriously, I don't know of anything stronger. If there's something out there I haven't used it.
 
BTW: Flo, I'll have a 16 oz T-bone with all the trimmings. Charge it to Matt.

Man, i was so distracted with Matt that I forgot to order too!:eek: Flo give me what Rex is Having and add a light beer and add a extra 16oz t-bone steak for my dogs! Charge it to Matt!:D
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top