Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Alco!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Philip!

Just popin' in to grab a quick cup of Java before heading over to school. Get to make up for the lost rehearsals yesterday. I'll be playing sound man for most of the day.

Hope you all have a great day!
 
Good morning folks

It was 28 F on my way to the office. Our high today is supposed to be 33 F. They say we should be getting some snow today. We are under a Snow Advisory for an inch or two.

I got no modeling done last night. We have Cub Scout den meetings.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning Bill , Alco , Jeffrey , Phillip & Ray& Tom Another beauiful day here on the Niagara Frontier it's 21 with a dusting of snow. Have to go get the mail and grab a cup of coffee and make a bunch of phone calls so you all have a wonderful day !!!
 


Good morning, everyone. Alco, those are some great photos. I swear CSX has more shades of gray than a paint store and more paint scheme variations than any other Class 1. The also run some of the junkiest looking mainline power I've ever see. The workmanship on mounting that strobe light on the 6014 shows some outstanding skill. :)

Sounds like typical lousy winter weather in the north. It's up to 58 here after an overnight low of 36. Jeffrey, it looks like we should also be up in the 70's over the weekend. That will be nice football weather to watch Prattville play in the state championships but it's blocking all our rain. It's amazing how strong the fronts are as they sweep through the north and how quickly they peter out down here.

I do remember being in Reno once when they had about 8 inches of snow. They had just plowed Virginia Street when an SP freight came through. This was long before the days of "The Trench" and the SP had a level crossing through every street in town. Even SP unit is equipped with a pilot plow and they were put to good use that morning. There were about six units in the lead and two helpers on the end. After they passed, there was a three foot wall of snow on the street and no plows in sight. Everyone just sat there staring since we had no place to go. One of the vehicles waiting was a Reno police card and I think he got on the radio and got a plow over there after about 10 minutes. I had never really thou gt about how running trains through a city during a snowstorm could cause big traffic problems until then.

Anyone else with the P2K SW 800/900/1200 with the warped hood handrails should call Walthers and get them replaced. There's no doubt in my mind that there was a bad batch of plastic used in these since I've seen and heard this complaint for over a year. I'm sure a lot of people are doing what I thought about doing - just replace the darn things with some brass wire. But Walthers needs to know when they have a defective product and they replaced my handrails even though Jerry said this is the first time he's heard a complaint about them. I don't know if he was blowing smoke or not but we do ourselves no favors when we use our modeling skills to fix a company's defective product.
 
Good morning folks. Sunny with a high of 26 degrees. Low tonight of 4! We got another four inches of snow yesterday. I guess you guys out east are getting that snow right about now. We're looking at another few inches tomorrow I guess. This is somewhat unusual for this time of year. Oh well, at least we won't have a brown Christmas! Have a good day.
 
Ken whatever you get we get about two weeks later, most times but not always, been a wild windy (60mph) day today with the occasional downpour
This is were we are heading BTW, these are traffic web cams BTW,
Tauranga
 
12-06-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
 
Good morning coffee clubbers,

20°F and all is white here in the Baltimore metro area. Roads are ice-covered and my son's school is opening an hour late, which totally scrambles my morning routine (and still my kids wonder why I hate snow!).

... I swear CSX has more shades of gray than a paint store and more paint scheme variations than any other Class 1. The also run some of the junkiest looking mainline power I've ever seen. ...
Jim, I'm really saddened by what has become of CSX since the year 2000. :( They used to be such a vibrant company, now it seems like they continue spiraling downward. I wonder what will happen if NS gobbles them up - could Baltimore become the first major U.S. city without freight rail service?
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/6/2007


Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 51°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 18mph NNE

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. East winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy. Warmer. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 10 mph.
 


Good Norning All ! Just stopped in for a quick cup of coffee Flo . Off to the podiatrist so have to run .You all have a nice day !!!!!!!
 
A blistering 8 degrees! Thats what it was when I headed out this morning! Not only that, but fog as thick as pea soup!


Morning all!

A freezing fog advisory has been issued for 13 counties in central Indiana until 10am. Visibilities have been down to less than 1/4 mile in some areas. As if that isn't enough fun, how about we throw in some patchy black ice too! And for the icing on the cake? 1-3" of snow to be added tonight. Yeah buddy, we're havin' fun now!

Actually, if you use your head a little, it's not all that bad.

So hows things on your block?
 
Mornin' everyone!

Sun is shining here in the Finger Lakes, but I'm sure it will improve later.

Paul, I hope your pod is OK......:rolleyes: :p ;)
 
Good morning folks

It was 19 F as I slid out of the driveway this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 37 F. Yesterday we had some snow. I think there is about an inch or two on the grass. The sidewalks and driveway have a thin coat of slippery almost ice-like snow. Driving this morning was interesting because even though the roads were fine last night and treated in many places they refroze and their were accidents everywhere. I did not encounter any of the re-icing on my route to work but it was slow going.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Den Meetings.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hi fellows! Danged, you Northern boys are really getting your winter chill. Low 50's here with upper 70's for this weekend. Not norm, but will take it for now.

Finally got my courage for shopping yesterday. I got it all done....well, most of it:D . Otherwise, I've been busy with laying out the signal control board for the layout. Unbelievable amount of planning and paperwork for this project. Right now, I am only zeroing in on the block detection, but have to include the actual signal aspects and locations for it all to come together.

:) Have a good'un! :)
REX
 
Afternoon, everyone. Boy, freezing fog sounds like a real ball! :) Like Rex said, it's 56 right now but we should have temperatures near 80 over the weekend. The strange thing is that 56 feels cold to me now. If I was in Cleveland, I'd be running around in shorts and a t-shirt.

Ken, the first major city without freight service was San Francisco. The last line that carried freight closed down about 10 years ago. The former SP line that comes into San Francisco is now owned by CalTrain. The port of San Francisco does almost no business now except for ferries and cruise ships. Everything is delivered to the Port of Oakland, who kept up with containerization while San Francisco still stuck with finger piers. As for the CSX merging with the NS, I think that the railroads have done just about all the merging they can do with out running afoul of the Justice Department. Service is already bad enough with just two competing lines. I can only imagine how much worse it would be with NS owning almost the entire eastern third of the county. The CSX just seems to be one of those unfocused businesses that doesn't seem to know what they are doing. By contrast, the NS is a well run business, which is why I own stock in the NS and not CSX.

I spent part of last night fine tuning all my turnouts. Now that the major scenery is in, I want to do some more operations and, as usual, the yard turnouts and a few of the industrial stub turnouts were causing derailments. After not using them for months, it was a combination of crud that was blocking full point movement and needing to file points and get frogs even with the point rails. My test car was my six wheel truck combine backing through the turnout and I finally got it to work reliably after about 3 hours of work. I was telling my wife (when she asked me what I had been doing for the last three hours) that this one of the not much fun parts of the hobby but taking the time to get it done will eliminate a lot cursing and frustration later. :)
 
Evening all,
not much better here, wind 50mph, nasty thunderey cloudburst, the garden is officially a swamp, just short of a couple of gators and mud bugs,,, LOL
 


Morning everyone! Man I'm not a fan of this cold, but getting cold out and dark out early sends me to the garage to run trains or work on them more. So I guess that's a good thing. Well I just have my tests left for the sememster them I can count this semester down :D I'll be spending the weekend in Dallas, the company that my wife interned for summer in Vegas has their headquarters in Dallas. They invited us down for the weekend for their big christmas party. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top