Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


What up all!

Man, it's been rainy and dreary around here today. Perfect day for napping in front of the fire!
 
Hey Philip, I dunno, whazup witchu?:D

We are having low 70's and very balmy weather today. Usually, this is not good as we are in our 2nd tornado season.

:) Have a good'un everyone!:)
 
Not so Balmy here Rex,,, more Barmy,,, and cold and wet and windy

good excuse to carry on with the new layout modules
 


Hey gang,

Been raining and dreary around here too. Must be like a line from that song of the late Sixties, A Rainy Night in Georgia, "Seems like it's rainin' all over the world..."

Haven't found much time to be online, because I've been continuing work on my covered hopper conversion project. I finished the homemade decal sheet, painted the hoppers in a light beige color that CSX uses on theirs, and threw on a coat of gloss - they're ready to be decaled. Pics will be posted in WTF momentarily...
 
The wind is blowin pretty hard right now. The temperature dropped 8 degrees, 56 to 48 just while Glendia and I were eating supper at Cracker Barrel. It is now below 38. BRRRR I hates cold weather. Got the table bed assembled for the train table and two of the legs cut and made. Had to take a break from the other two legs as I screwed up four pcs of wood. Plenty of wood to fix the goofs but better to walk away for a while than mess up more wood. Also found a Thomas the Train mat that is reversible and will fit perfectly in the table 32" X 48". AHHHH that is better just went and cleaned my glasses so I am no longer seeing spots. I hope to finish the train table tomorrow and get a good start on the doll cradle.
 
12-03-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
 
Good morning folks

We survived our first bit of wintry weather yesterday. After all the hype it was pretty much a bust. We got a little bit of snow and then some freezing rain but not the accumulations that the weather mis-forecasters were calling for. It was 46 F when I left the house this morning. Our high will be around 49 F. We have a chance of flurries tomorrow and a chance of snow on Wednesday. I think I may finally be getting overt this cold. My daughter now seems to be the only one in the house who is still battling it.

I survived the grocery store and the bread and milk panic on Saturday. Sunday with the bad weather we stayed in the house and decorated the tree.

On the layout my son and I began adding some details to the Farm House Area. All of sudden he is interested again in “adding to the layout”. Other than that I got nothing done on work bench projects.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Just some coffee Flo. Gotta get over to School for a rehearsal this morning. I only do these concerts to remind me how much I love being retired........
 
Good Morning Bill , Tom & Ray , Survived our first storm of the winter , after I spent 2 and 1/2 hours blowing the heaviest snow out of the driveway we get pouring rain . At least the driveway was clean for the rain . Well just a quick hello and off to do some running around do take care and have a nice day !!
 


Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 12/3/2007


Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 29mph NNE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect until 3 PM cst this afternoon
.

Today High: 62 Mostly sunny...cooler. Highs in the lower 60s. North winds 15 to 25 mph and gusty.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Colder. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.
 
Hey all!

Bitter cold temperatures and gusty winds greeted me as I headed into work this morning. Temperatures are about 20-30 degrees colder this morning vs. what we were seeing yesterday morning. Highs will only hit the mid 30's. All in all, a great day to stay inside! Too bad I have to do the work and school thing today!

Well, the wife continues to improve. Her leg is very slowly healing. We were able to go out to dinner the other night. It was good for her to get out. I think she's starting to go a little stir crazy laying in bed all day every day!

So what do you guys have going on?
 
good to hear that Philip, it drives you insane stuck in bed recovering, hope she continues on the mend

mashedpots.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks.
I'm glad the other 'northerners' didn't get as bad a weather as they were predicting. I was one of the idiots at the hardware store buying salt. I thought I had some leftover from last year. I guess not.
I've been struggling with wanting to work on the layout. The wife and I have been facing the issue of bankruptcy. Our business has not been doing as well as it should. We may have to close it down. I'm trying to decide if I want the house payment while I pay back what I owe. I'm thinking I'll keep the house, but it's hard to work on trains not knowing if I'll have to rip it out in a few months. On the other hand, the trains are one of the few things keeping me sane. I guess I'll work on the stuff that could transfer to a different layout.
Well, I hope everyone has a good day. Let's hope the the bank is feeling patient!
 
I have had two F(fix)O(or)R(repair)D(daily)s and do not think I will ever have another one. The first was a 59 Ford, a really nice looking car ceptin in the winter there was not any heat. We reversed the heater hoses, took out the thermostat, back flushed the heater core, by passed the heater control valve and did several other repairs to it and never got the heater to put out any heat. The second was a 1984 Escort station wagon. My oldest daughter saw it and fell in love with it, after I paid for it I was driving it home and it started dying at every stop light. Hooked it up to the computer, $35 worth, and they could not find anything wrong. I tinkered with it for 6 months and never did get it to run right so I sold it for $1100 less just to get it out of the driveway.
 
My first car was a F (First) O (on) R (race) D (day). A 1966 Mustang. Nice toy! I've had lots of other Fords since then, as well as many other makes. They all have their unique characteristics.
 
Man you guys just gotta show the FORD's some love and they will stay true to you forever. I still have my first car, 1965 mustang fastback great car and easy to maintain. Always give my wife grief about her chevy just for the fun of it. I got a good acronym for the chevy: Cheap Highly Embarrassing Vehicle Runs On Luck Every Time. All kidding aside I like both.
 
My first F (failing) O (On) R (road) D (daily)was a 74 Escort, it eventually split in half on the motorway, right up the front bulkhead, i kid you not, it was like fred Flinstones car, you could watch the road fly by under your feet
 


Cory, I'm sorry to hear about your financial problems. Having owned a business myself, I know how hard it can be. FWIW, I would do everything I could to keep the house, at least in the near term. Selling the house now (even if you can sell it) is selling at near the bottom of the market so you're not going to get much, if any, return on your money. With the plans the Feds and banks are working on to freeze adjustable mortgage rates, the housing market should start to rebound by spring. My guess is that waiting even six months if you still have to sell will be worth it. In the mean time, just enjoy your trains and try not to get to tied up in what might happen later.

Paul, glad to hear you and the wife were able to get out. I'd get stir crazy sitting around in bed every day too. Maybe you can teach her how it install Kadee's or something useful like that. :)

Steve, is that billboard in the UK? I can imagine that going like a lead balloon in California.

Tom, sometimes it's better when the forecasters are wrong even if you do have to survive a bread and milk panic. That's cool that your son wants to play with your trains again.

Josh, what was wrong with your Ford? I had a '92 Ford Explorer and it only left me stranded once in 13 years. It was still going strong at 167,000 miles when I sold it in 2005.

Jeffrey, it seems like your weather over in Louisiana mirrors ours. We have about an hour of rain last night for a whopping total of .24 inches. Our high was at midnight (69 degrees) and we are down to 55 degrees now with predictions of 31 tonight, which I don't believe. We're having 35 mph winds and the wind should keep up through most of the night, which should keep us above freezing. My banana tree is still alive and growing, which is pretty amazing for December 3.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top