Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
well good friends, ive just ordered the concrete for saturday for my basement floor, for some reason they never poured the last 12 by 12 area, just happening to be where the new layout is going. so after this weekend, hopefully next weekend we can comence finishing the basement to get underway on this layout thats been in planning for the last five years! cant wait to share some pictures here of the layout progress....hopeing to be layin track by christmas ...Ryan
 
How about this? A KCS de Mexico AC4400 coming out of the engine house.
P1010005-4.jpg
 
I'm posting this in a couple of forums because I have friends all over the web and you are some of them that I consider good ones. The fact that it's in a couple of different places does nothing to water down my gratitude. In fact, I can tell you from experience, if you read this anywhere, you're in the company of some fine people. If you read it in more then one place, you should concider yourself blessed to know all of those fine, fine folks.

Just thought I'd give you all an update on the homefront situation. Looks like we're going to go for it. We call tomorrow to schedule surgery for next week. (NEXT WEEK!!!!!!) Gotta talk to the anesthesiologist also tomorrow and get them up to speed on this situation.

Thank you all for all of the support and prayers. It means a lot to me, and when I told my wife about all of you and the prayers and everything she was kind of blown away. She doesn't post here, but she really appreciates all of you.....really. (And she thought I was just talking trains all this time!)
 


There was a minor derailment at the west turnout to the #2 track today. Photos are now available. There were no injuries and property damage was negligible.

First an overhead view from the eye in the sky.
P1010005-5.jpg


And now some photos from our man on the ground.
P1010006-8.jpg


P1010007-3.jpg


P1010010-4.jpg


P1010011-2.jpg
 
Philip, I had posted earlier today, but I must have hit the wrong button cause I don't see it now. Just to repeat, I wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and with you. You, being a religious man, know where you can find that very special strength to get you through this. ;)
 
Philip, I haven't been around much, so I'm not up with the play. But anyway Jan and My thoughts are with you all the way.

ken.
 
Mornin' Bill and gang!

It's overcast, rainy and soggy here in the Free State. Gotta love it, after the drought we've been having!

Phillip - you and the missus continue to be in my prayers. I know in situations like this you need to cope, not one day at a time, but one minute at a time!
 
Good morning folks

It is wet and chilly in these parts this morning. We are now in our second day of four of rain. We really need this rain so complaining is being kept to a minimum. It was 51 F as I headed out this morning. Our high is supposed to be 57 F.

I finished assembling the Accurail Lehigh Valley 50’ Boxcar and I am almost done the Accurail Penn Central 40’ Boxcar. I began working on the Bev-Bel/Athearn SCL boxcar.

Phillip we are praying for good things to happen and that all goes well.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Good Morning ! Bill , Ken L , & Tom .Bit chilly here on the Niagara Frontier .It's 47 and going up to a booming 55 . Fall is here and my leaves are falling means work for me . Oh well another cup of coffee and contemplate the beautiful day !! Phillip May the Lord watch over you and your family !!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhhhhhh....relief! It is 72 this morning in good o'l Florida south of Tampa Bay area! Nice! Gonna be a good day!

Yall have a good one!
 
Mornin' all!

Man Jeff, that loco was just barely spared!

Cold morning around here!

temps.jpg


Lookin' like we'll get some more wet stuff later!

Hey, thanks for all of the support lately. It means a bunch. Also, just know that I don't forget you in my prayers.
 
Afternoon everyone! (Didn't get here this morning, I was playing with my Granddaughter.)

Philip, I will be remembering your family in my prayers as well. May the Holy Spirit be with your wife and you during this time of trial!
 
Phillip, I hope everything goes as scheduled and that your doctors do their best work on your wife. As Ken wrote, just take things one minute at a time now and be thankful for every minute you have together.

Happy Birthday, Josh, you young whippersnapper. :)

It's 52 here and 53 in Chicago. That's a pretty big pool of cool air for October to make it this far south. The high yesterday was 56. It's gloomy, overcast, and windy today - feels just like I'm back in Cleveland. I'm actually wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt for the first time since May, I think.

Tom, I've got a series of four NKP Accurail boxcars to put together. How well did they go together for you?

The downtown beautification committee finished their work of planting trees in the downtown sidewalks yesterday. I made them from butterfly bush blooms and they look like kind of a skinny pine tree. I'll post some pictures of them later,
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top