Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' all!

Well, it's getting mighty nippy around here! Right now it's 45 degrees out there and the weather guesser is only calling for 56 for a high. Just Monday it was 91 degrees, and now today, 35 degrees cooler!

currents.jpg


Gotta take the wife to the MDA doctors today. She hates that place, but they do her a lot of good. Actually, I should say, she hates to be poked and prodded, and the Muscular Dystrophy Association doctors poke and prod the most, so thats what she hates. They are the most helpful doctors we see, so hopefully they'll have something good to say today.

Well, gotta run......later!
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/11/2007

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 60°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003-11.jpg
 
Good morning folks

What a change in the weather we are having. It was 55 F when I left this morning. We had some heavy rain overnight and were experiencing some scattered showers this morning. The weather guessers are saying that we can expect more showers and a high of 66 F.

Traffic this morning was a mess. My normal 45 minute commute took over an hour and a half. At first I could not figure out why there were so many cars on the road then I realized that it was all the soccer moms taking their kids to school because they can’t walk in the rain.

I set the weathered wheels back into the weathered trucks on the 11 hoppers. I then hit all 11 with a wash. Next is some airbrush weathering and sealing and they will finally be done.

Phillip Good Luck at the doctors!

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Philip! Hope all goes well!

Mornin' Tom! Those little kids can't WALK to school in the RAIN! OMG! they are sugar and they would melt. Besides they would have to wear Rain Gear and that would embarrass the poor little darlings.......

Fall has finally arrived in the Finger Lakes with a high today of 54°F. Currently it is a pleasant 49°F outside. Lots of liquid sunshine supposed to arrive this afternoon. So it looks to be a great day. (Well, for model Railroading at least.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning BIll , Jeffrey , Phillip , Tom & Ray , yes you could say Fall is upon us. Bit chilly outside but no rain . I guess the Finger Lakes is gonna get the rain. Here's a suprising fact Lake Erie was 68 degrees yesterday . That's 7 degrees over it's norm for this time of the year and set a new record for that day. And there is no global warming. Oh well have other issue to deal with right now. So everyone have a real nice day !!!
 
Here's a suprising fact Lake Erie was 68 degrees yesterday . That's 7 degrees over it's norm for this time of the year and set a new record for that day.

Since it takes a long time for any of the Great Lakes to cool down, know what that could mean for The Western NY area this winter? Better get your snow blower working Paul!!!! So far no rain this morning, but this afternoon we could get a half inch of partly cloudy.
 
HOTRODDERS TOOLS

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of
divining rod to locate really expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons
delivered to your front door; works particularly well on boxes containing seats and jackets

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning steel Pop rivets in their holes until you die
of old age, but it also works great for drilling mounting holes in fenders just above the brake line
that goes to the rear wheel.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms
human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its
course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Used to round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used
to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your
garage on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside a brake drum you're trying to get the
bearing race out of.

WHITWORTH SOCKETS: Once used for working on older British cars and motorcycles, they
are now used mainly for impersonating that 9/16 or 1/2 socket you've been searching for the
last 15 minutes.

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out
of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splattering
it against that freshly painted part you were drying.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench
with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and hard earned guitar calluses in about
the time it takes you to say, "Ouc...."

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering a vehicle to the ground after you have installed
your new front disk brake setup, trapping the jack handle firmly under the front fender.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG DOUGLAS FIR 2X4: Used for levering a vehicle upward off a hydraulic
jack.

TWEEZERS: A tool for removing Douglas Fir wood splinters.

PHONE: Tool for calling your neighbor to see if he has another hydraulic floor jack.

SNAP-ON GASKET SCRAPER: Theoretically useful as a sandwich tool for spreading mayonnaise;
used mainly for getting dog-doo off your boot.

E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool that snaps off in bolt holes and is ten times
harder than any known drill bit.

TIMING LIGHT: A stroboscopic instrument for illuminating grease buildup.

TWO-TON HYDRAULIC ENGINE HOIST: A handy tool for testing the tensile strength of
ground straps and brake lines you may have forgotten to disconnect.

CRAFTSMAN 1/2 x 16-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A large motor mount prying tool that inexplicably
has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end without the handle.

BATTERY ELECTROLYTE TESTER: A handy tool for transferring sulfuric acid from a car battery
to the inside of your toolbox after determining that your battery is dead as a doornail, just as you
suspected.

AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

TROUBLE LIGHT: The mechanic's own tanning booth. Sometimes called a drop light, it is a good
source of vitamin D, "the sunshine vitamin," which is not otherwise found under a car or motorcycle
at night. Health benefits aside, its main purpose is to consume 40-watt light bulbs at about the same
rate that 105-mm howitzer shells might be used during, say, the first few hours of the Battle of the
Bulge. More often dark than light, its name is somewhat misleading.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the lids of old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and
splash oil on your shirt; can also be used, as the name implies, to round off Phillips screw heads.

AIR COMPRESSOR: A machine that takes energy produced in a coal-burning power plant 200
miles away and transforms it into compressed air that travels by hose to a Chicago Pneumatic impact
wrench that grips rusty bolts last tightened 60 years ago by someone in Springfield, and rounds
them off.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove
in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to cut hoses 1/2 inch too short.
 
Afternoon all.....burrrrrrp I just had Chubway samich....(aka subway sandwich)......

I am getting ready for my weeekend to start. I went and got all my magazines from BAM (book-a-million). That new mag from kalmbach called Locomotives is really good guys I reccomend it! I have the fever in full force for modeling so expect some pics soon! :-)

Come January I will be now getting an additional mag subscriptions. They are now as follows:

MR & special editions Planner etc
Trains & Locomotive series
The Streamliner
TRP
Diesel Era

I am thinking about another called Extra 2200 South....hmmmm.
 
Greetings folks, this is my first time in any online coffee shop. Just thought I'd say hi. I've been checking in on this forum a little more than I use to. I just hope that the coffee isn't four dollars a cup!
 


Nah, Corey. They don't serve any of that fancy dancy wussy stuff in here. Just good old fashioned strong coffee. Some days it's stronger than others, and some days it tastes a little funny. Just depends whether Flo cleaned the pot or not.

Glad to see you in here! Just sit yourself down and enjoy a cup. I'm sure you can put it on Fergies bill. Hmm, haven't seen Fergie in here for a while. I wonder if he got the bill and doesn't want to pay it?????
 
Flo huh, my wife has an Aunt Flo. I usually stay in the train room whenever she visits. Less chance of having random problems blamed on me. This place is as calm a library compared to the roudy saloon across the street. It seems that over there, you have to square up your shoulders keep a mean look on your face! Thanks again for the dishwater, I mean coffee.:)
 
Hi Corey, welcome to the Coffee Shop. The coffee would taste better if Ray would quit washing his danged socks in the pot, but at least it's not bitter tasting as across the street.:eek: :D

Yeah, you can relax here and don't have to always feel on the defensive.;) :)

EDIT: :o I'm thinking, Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the coffee shop across the way was bad. In fact, I have heard it was pretty decent...just in a bad neighborhood.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The coffee would taste better if Ray would quit washing his danged socks in the pot, but at least it's not bitter tasting as across the street.:eek: :D :)

Scout socks, they never get dirty,
The longer you wear them the stronger they get!
Scout socks, I think I should change them,
But something inside me keeps saying, Not yet, not yet, not yet, not yet......
 
HOTRODDERS TOOLS

HAMMER

et-al

I laughed till I CRIED. The wife came in and asked me what I was doing and I was laughing sooo hard with tears running down my cheeks, I couldn't even speak to tell her. All I could do was hold my sides and point at the screen.

Laughter is good medicine. Thank you for a healthy dose today! I feel much better now.

Scoot
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Windows Operating System: Unruly batch of software put together by Microsoft. Designed to make you remember all those four letter words you learned in school.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top