Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Good Morning Luc & Bill !!! From sunny Buffalo ! Hope all is well Nz Ken just the thought of snow makes my body chill. And to the other Ken Hope you have good weather for your camping trip . Just a quick cup of coffee Flo going out for breakfast with my daughter and her boyfriend. Hope everyone has a real nice day and all in the United States try to keep cool !!!!!
 


Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/7/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.07"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

! Important Message !

Flash flood watch in effect through this evening.

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. Chance of thunderstorms in the morning... Then thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds becoming west around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of thunderstorms 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds.


Being that it's my birthday today, I'm footing the bill for the next two pages.

breakfastbar.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey! andHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry for shouting but at your age the hearing is starting to go.......:rolleyes: ;) :p Have a great day, hope you get some new train stuff.

I have to finish packing for camp. This will be my 20th. year as music director for Music Camp at our Presbytery Camp. I will also very likely be once again the oldest person in the entire camp (there will actually be 3 different camps there this week). Music Camp is for 8th. graders through first year in college. We end the week leading a worship service at a church somewhere in Central NY. This year we will be at the Watkins Glen Presbyterian Church.
 
Jeffery Happy Birthday :D
Hope you have a nice vacation Ken,,, you know what, nobody made the connection with the crawler crane :D
HeavyEquipment.jpg

P7060029.jpg

;) ;) :p ;) ;) :D
 
I don't believe it, but we have received over 1.5" of rain today. It has rained all day, the first time since well before Christmas. With the smaller showers this week and now this, I will have to cut my grass for the second time this year. FYI: Where I had thought all my front yard grass was dead, I have found out that with Centipede (carpet) grass, the roots will go into a dormant stage during a drought and turn brown just like in winter. It now looks like at least 50% has lived and I am already seeing runners shooting out. This is also true with Bermuda grass. :)
 


Finally Rex it's rained, wow thats a drought alright.

Still trying to find that recipe, We know it's here somewhere??

Ken.
 
Rex your VERY close, he he he, it's the same one, The yarrow valley sub bought it,,, nice to see you got rain there sir, grass is very resiliant stuff, mine died off all over a few months back, within days of rain it was good as new
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ken M were looking for £3K airfair so we can come and visit, hopefully march - may time, for three weeks touring.
 
Ken M were looking for £3K airfair so we can come and visit, hopefully march - may time, for three weeks touring.

March is a brillant time here, weather is usually fantastic. Nicky won't regret it;) I'm sure it will make up her mind:D Are you coming down this far?? I might have some trains running by then:rolleyes: I'm sure we could put you up for a few nights:cool:

Catch ya'll later.

Ken.
 
Hi Gang:
Steve: What is the make of that crane? It looks real good. Also where did the clam bucket come from? Nice job on the weathering also.
Speaking of construction I spent the day helping my son and a friend repair roads out at his ranch. We had three tractors working and barely made a dent in the mess. There are about a mile and a half of road and almost all of it has damage from the rains. I also have a bunch of work to do on the roads here. What I wouldn't give for some real construction equipment. At least I'll sleep good tonight.
Well I'll say Good Night All
 
Long day!

We didn’t get back from the vets with my son’s hamster until 12:30. The hamster is doing better than a week ago. She has a viral infection. Last week she also had a bacterial infection which almost killed her. She still has a ways to go to get over the viral infection. Because of the infections she has lost the sight in one eye. We are hoping she pulls through because the kids would be heartbroken if she did not.

We headed east and visited the Cape May County Zoo. When we got home the kids and the wife got on the computer and now it is finally my turn.

I did pull out the three Athearn tank cars and four Atlas tank cars I am going weather. I looked them over and decided what I will do first, which is change the couplers to Kadees.
 
So, we're home in San Diego, a day late & a few dollars short (like $200!, between extra gas used when we turned around yesterday and went back to my sister's $160 my wife is loosing in pay (called in sick today and now she'll loose holiday pay too), and the $22 for new plugs...

Josh, sounds like vapour lock. the gas gets hot in the line from the tank and evaporates before it reaches the engine.

It's real cold here today 5-C is our max, snowing down south and maybe heading our way. we've got sleet at the moment.

Ken.

Yeah, I had a pickup that did exactly the same thing. I even had the slowdown Josh talked about on the Interstate and a big 18 wheeler almost shorten my truck:D . The problem was a steel fuel line too close to the exhaust manifold and no heat deflector. I go along with all in thinking it is a heat problem. Being a new car, could easily be something like what NYPaul said.
Josh: Don't forget that there is some kind of a consumer protection law about lemon auto's. I don't remember how it works, but if Ford can't fix it, check into it.;)

Oops! I almost forgot: :) GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!:)

Good thought on the vapor lock, I'll add that to my list of demands. The plugs are all new, because the mis-fire, we assumed was the plugs (they look nasty). So now I'll ask for:
Plug wires, Fuel filter, vapor lock, and injectors (its EFI so they could be bad)

The car was very weak but we made a 5 hours trip in just over 8 hours. We stopped about 10 times for about 10 minutes each, until we left the desert, then she ran fine, so that vapor lock is a good idea. But I'll be safe and ask for it all.

Otherwise, I'll in act that lemon law and go to court & request $2000 and tell them they can have th car back.
 
Steve I'm looking forward to it already!!

Josh happy to hear you made it home in one piece.

Ken.
 


Josh I have a good friend who had a Ford that did the same thing. When it got hot it would run lousy and eventually die. His problem was with the module on the ignition system would get hot and fail. Like you we had a short 75 minute trips and it took us 4 hours. We would drive for about 30 minutes and let it cool down for 30. He also had another Ford before that one that he had the electronic Distributor rebuilt and that fixed that one. The Ford dealership told him it was impossible to rebuild that distributor but we have local mechanic who is close to genius as one can get when it comes to fixing these new fangled autos.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top