Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I hope everyone had an awesome 4th! I took the time to test my new car and head to Kingman AZ again, for the 1st time in almost a year. I know I'll never buy a Ford again. Darn car has been in the shop twice allready because its sputters & dies, the shop has never found anything. So on the way up here, we stop half way, in 29 Palms CA for gas, and it does it again, when we leave the gas station. Not bad, as it only does it at low idle.

So I stop once to shoot trains, and NOTHING it moving, I only got shots of some gondola's. About 50 miles later the car just suddenly looses power. I mean completely, I floor the gas, nothing, it just slowly revs down. So I let off the gas and press it again, and it sputters a little then looses power again. We managed to limp along in 75mph zone, at 30mph until we got to the Lake Havasu exit, and a gas station.

After an hour of letting the car sit, we attempt it again. and it starts & runs fine, so I set the cruise at 60 and hoped we'd make it the remaining 50 some odd miles. We bearly made it, the car sputtered and fought me for the last block, and bearly made it into my sister's driveway.

One of my sister's freinds is coming over today to look at it, he works on cars as a part time hobby. Apparently alot of people go to him first so I hope he can figure it out, so I can get home tomorrow.

Beyond that we're on our 2nd passenger side mirror, darned thing has been broken off twice now. Very poorly built.
 
Josh, sounds like vapour lock. the gas gets hot in the line from the tank and evaporates before it reaches the engine.

It's real cold here today 5-C is our max, snowing down south and maybe heading our way. we've got sleet at the moment.

Ken.
 


Josh, sounds like vapour lock. the gas gets hot in the line from the tank and evaporates before it reaches the engine.

It's real cold here today 5-C is our max, snowing down south and maybe heading our way. we've got sleet at the moment.

Ken.

Ken, sounds like good camping weather to me. Winter camping is my favorite! Actually it needs to get about 10° colder, then it would be perfect. If it is above freezing you will get cold, but as soon as it goes below freezing you will stay warmer.

Josh, I had similar troubles with my Dodge Dakota last year. It took them several times to figure out what it was and get it fixed. In my case it was a bad oxygen sensor on one cylinder. If your engine light is coming on, take to a repair shop while it is still on so they can get a correct reading on it.
 
Yeah Ray great camping weather NOT!!

Doh!! I started the benchwork at 50" so it cleared the monitor and left room underneath for staging and some loops. The benchwork is like what I built before (ain't gunna fall over:D ) This was going to be the top level and come down from there. how the he** do I get thru the benchwork with the track to come down:rolleyes: So I've lowered the bench to 37" and I'll come up with risers!! ah ha!! I've seen the light:o

Ken.
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/6/2007

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.35"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph SSE

Through 5 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will continue in the area along and east of a line from sea rim state Park to Beaumont Texas to De Quincy to Flatwoods Louisiana. In this area...showers and thunderstorms will be more numerous in the Alexandria area...near Lafayette and New Iberia into the Morgan City area. Scattered showers will occur over northern parts of Tyler and Jasper counties in southeast Texas. Isolated showers will occur elsewhere over the region. The storms will move northeast 30 mph.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

steak-eggs-1.jpg
 
Good morning folks

We are still damp from more showers last evening and overnight. Current temp is 72 F with a high of 88 F. It is supposed to clear up and we are should have a nice weekend with highs in the 90s.

I am sitting here wondering whether I will be working next week or not. If the state does not pass a budget over the weekend I along with 24,000 other state workers will be furloughed. It is no fun being a pawn between two sets of idiots.

I just read that the Philadelphia Phillies have the chance sometime in the next week to become the first professional sports franchise to lose 10,000 games! The much maligned Cubs aren’t even close. They are somewhere around 9,000. Second place is the Atlanta/Milwaukee/Boston Braves with a little over 9,600. People wonder why Philly sports fans boo so much.

No modeling last night. I did put some trains away. I also pulled out the next set of cars I will be weathering. This time I am going to do some tank cars. I have 4 Atlas cars and 3 Athearn RTR cars.

I have no clue what we will be doing this weekend. Maybe we will take a drive down to the shore or perhaps take a trip to Knoebels. We could even wind up out in Lancaster County.

I would like to start weathering the tank cars. Also I need to clean up and organize the layout so I figure out my next project on it.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning ! Jeffrey , Luc Bill & Tom and everyone else who visits. Josh had the same trouble with a f Ford Grand Torino back in 75. Would drive along and car would die . Let it rest and it would take off fine. found out it was a control module which was cutting out when it overheated. Replaced it and it ran fine for 8 more years till I sold it. Well really nice day here and will get going and enjoy it . Hope everyone else has a nice day also !
 


Josh, sounds like vapour lock. the gas gets hot in the line from the tank and evaporates before it reaches the engine.....


Ken.

Yeah, I had a pickup that did exactly the same thing. I even had the slowdown Josh talked about on the Interstate and a big 18 wheeler almost shorten my truck:D . The problem was a steel fuel line too close to the exhaust manifold and no heat deflector. I go along with all in thinking it is a heat problem. Being a new car, could easily be something like what NYPaul said.
Josh: Don't forget that there is some kind of a consumer protection law about lemon auto's. I don't remember how it works, but if Ford can't fix it, check into it.;)

Oops! I almost forgot: :) GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!:)
 
Ray isn't that summer temp's in the finger lakes region

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone

Ahhh??? No....... Here in the Finger Lakes we have 4 seasons. Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and the one we are having now which is called Road Construction. ;) The high today will be around 80°F. Low in the mid 60s. I actually do love Winter camping. It can be a lot of fun if you are prepared for it and know what to do. I once went to a Boy Scout Camporee where the wind chill was -75°F overnight. It was -20°F with a 30 MPH wind. By morning we had a heat wave of -10°F, or should I say it sure felt warm.....:rolleyes:

Mornin' Everybody! Ken, I hope you are staying warm!

Got to pack for a week at Music Camp. Spent most of the day looking for a MIDISport adapter that I use to conect the keyboard to my laptop for writing parts for instruments. It seems to have disapeared completely. Oh well, I can manually write the stuff without the keyboard and print it in "Finaly". So far I have 3 flutes, a baritone sax, and a trombone....... We always have some interesting instrumentation at camp. Part of my job is to have something for each of them to play at the Worship Service at the end of the week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Made my Saturday morning too:D

A very lite dusting of snow and it's cold!! I think I'll have to find an inside job today, only prob with that, my saw bench is out in the shed!!

We're out tonight for a midwinter Xmas dinner with Jan's work so it's cool the weather is cold!!

Ken.
 
Hi gang

This is my last post for awhile, going on a camping vacation with the fam next week, no phones or internet. Havn't even finish packing yet! Well I gotta run, C U next week! :D
 


Hey Tom, the Phillies could use the "Wild Thing"!:D :D

We did. He was called Mitch Williams. Cost us a World Series a few years back against Toronto.

I was reminded of a story my father used to tell. When the Phillies played in the Baker Bowl back in the 1930's there was a sign that said "The Phillies use Lifeboy (soap)". My father said whenever people saw the sign or heard the commercial they would respond "And they still stink!"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top