Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-10-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning ! NZ Ken , Steve & Bill ,just a quick note off to church so wanted to day hello to all ! Have a wonderful day !
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken!

Mornin' Steve!

Mornin' Paul!

My 20lb. cat woke me up at 8 this morning with a terrible stench on him. I got out of bed to find that my old 20 year old hyperthyroid kitty had diarrhea (a side effect of the hyperthyroid condition) at the entrance of the litter box. Manet had climbed in to do his duty and wiped it all over his belly. I tried to wash him up he won't co-operate. I will have to give him a bath somehow. Poor guy.... I HAVE to clean the house today! I guess I better get at it.....
 


Afternoon Ray Whooops, poor guy tried his best but sometimes,,, yuk.

Well i'm just about done in, cut the grass, did the tidying up, cleaned out the shed, BIG job that was, hosed down the kids, they asked for it, honest, then did the rabbits hutch, LOL field mice everywhere when i took out the old hay.
Time for some grub now, and an early night as i'm at the fire brigade training centre all week doing safety stuff.

Don burgess was out today for another Steam excursion, nice video

TTFN
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening Everyone:
Ken I didn't get over to the track untill 3pm. There wasn't anything fired up so no whistle to let you hear. I spent most of the day finishing up repairing the trucks for the 4" scale narrow gauge gondolas. I did not put in the new wheels. Instead I'm going to make 2 new pairs of trucks and put them under the gons. I'll rebuild the trucks properly with new journal boxes, axles and wheels. I just hope that they hold together for the meet.
Well I'm going to take a shower and get this Off off. It stinks.
Good Night All
 
Rabbit Stew.

Rabbits got into my garden and ate all the young sprouts, beans, peas, carrots, kale, sunflowers, and lettuce. The only thing they didn't touch were the onions, potatoes and tomatoes.

Wiped me out.

Since it is late in the season, I replanted with potted plants and they cost a lot more than seeds.

So I spent the day putting in a nylon mesh fence. Now I figure they can get in if they are bound and determined, but they'll cut up their mouths doing it. And if I catch them, the neighbors are going to hear a firecracker that sounds an awfully like a .22 rifle and I'm going to have rabbit stew.
 
I had to change out the AC unit in my trailer yesterday and decided that I might as well upgrade. The old unit was 8,000 btu and the new unit is 10,000 btu. The only thing I don't like about the new one is it's got one of the huge safety plugs with a circuit breaker in it. If it's one of those breakers that I have to reset every time the power goes out guess how fast that plug will get lost and a regular plug appear in it's place.

Good Morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/11/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

biscuitsgravy.jpg
 
Whood'a thought painting a single loco in the CSX 'bright future' scheme could be so tedious and time-consuming! I must have invested 20 hours into that model (Atlas c40-8) so far, and still only ~80% done. But the results will be worth it at least I hope.

Ray - bummer about your cat, hope he's better and that the cleanup didn't take too long.

Chip, sorry to hear about the devastation to your backyard garden crop. I've put up 2 layers of fencing and even that doesn't keep the little *******'s out of Vicky's garden. Oh well, maybe if you go back and look a little closer you'll find a miniature denim jacket with brass buttons, and a pair of itty-bitty black shoes...

Jeff, isn't that modern technology wonderful <NOT>! I don't think I need to always reset the GFPC toggle on mine after every outage, but I have had to do so once or twice. If you do disable it, hope you can do so without voiding the warranty...

TX Paul - nolo problemo, at least you got those gons repaired. You must have a really well-equipped shop if you can build two new pairs of trucks like that...
 
Afternoon everyone!

Had to take my poor old kitty, Sheila, to the Vets this morning for her (monthly) blood test for her Thyroid condition. Haven't heard back yet how she is doing. BTW, Manet, who got Shiela's diarrhea all over him took his bath pretty well yesterday. He didn't like the bath part but loved the whole body rub with the towel afterwards. Finished mowing the lawn this morning so I might just take an hour or so to work on the "city" down cellar.

Hey Mouse, lost 12 lbs. so far...... ;-)
 


Afternoon All ! Chip , Too bad about your crope. I use to put beans in an sonhow they always got eaten so I just don;t put them in anymore. Jeff know what you mean . I put a new air conditioner in and had to put aa special breaker just for it. Steve don't you just love those courses. Hi Ken L make sure you post that loco .can't wait to see it. Ray hope the cats are ok . My dog is having a small bout of the S***s but is doing better . Just got done cutting my hedges. Either their getting bigger or I'm getting slower but it was some job. Tired me right out . Oh well see you 'all later !!Hi Bill a little late today .Hope everything is ok !
 
Afternoon folks! Flo, I will have a cool glass of lemonade, please ma'am. Temp hit 101 deg F today and I need a cooling off...big time!
Well, I feel old today. I applied for my Social Security retirement to begin in October. I will be getting the @62 years old amount. It will be great to add this to my teacher's retirement and maybe I will be able to squeeze a little train money out of it.;) :)
 
Rex When I start SS in three years my pension drops some but will end up with a little more than I have now but not a whole lot. I will more than likely keep my part time job for the long haul to keep us with some play money whatever that is. LOL LOL
 
Rex welcome to the club. We've been getting along pretty well so far on our SS and my pension. In fact we have a bit more funds with out me having to drive back and forth to work.
well I've got a DVD of Sea Chase with John Wayne going so I'll say Good Night.
 
Good Morning All

Well the fog lifted for a whole 20 minutes this morning but I hear the fog horn is back bemoaning her endless cry of dispair and "Look Out I'm over here". Every two minutes she laments... every two minutes...


Well the work continues on the erie Steam Shovel but it's a perverse little kit with many parts and the wrong glue (My fault I'm afraid). Should have had the slower CA or the "Orange Peel" non toxic stuff. But once I apply paint it will look great.

Retirement!?! I still have 10 years to go but! I have been warned I may not be ready toretire when I hit the magic number as kids could still be in University and I won't be ready to settle down yet. What are ya goin tado? Lisa's right if I'm not busy I'm not happy.

Well we're still off the south coast of Newfoundland and the fog will probably last another 3 weeks until I get off :(

That's it for me

Later All

Fergie


PS; Kudos Ray to your loosing the weight and not the battle! Thought this month's bill was down a bit!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures

Good Morning Bill & Fergie ,Our mornong isn't as foggy as your's Fergis. It was sunny and cloudless here.I was in my garden yesterday all day and late at night I thought I'd snap off a few pics. of late spring bloomers. Enjoy and have a great day !
 
Good Morning all!
Larry, I have thought many times about getting a part time job for a little extra cash and to be around lots of people again, but I have got so stingy with my time I don't know if it would work out. I was offered an evening part-time teaching job in electronics, but it would be 4 nights a week per semester. I've thought about a job like yours. For now, I guess that I will keep thinking about it.

TexPaul, When you figure the cost of going to work, clothing, the deductions for retirement (myself=5%), and other such expenses that I no longer have, and with my wife's income we get along just fine... we just have to use more sense in our buying (except trains:o :D ). Darn car/home insurance premiums eat us up. It will be a few years before she retires and then she will have state retirement and Social Security.

Fergie, kid's college is a problem for retirement, having something to do is not...trust me.;) :)

NYPaul, beautiful pictures. Thank you!
 


Mornin'!

Fergie, foggie? Oh, that was foggy..... That fog horn must be annoying. I get annoyed when I try to sleep by that guy running the chainsaw. He shuts it off as soon as I wake up ya know.

Buffalo Paul, nice photos!

Texas Paul, when I retired, I actually only had $2000 a year less in my my take home pay than I did working. I was spending a lot more than that in expenses to be a teacher. I am still comfortable with what I make and have a year and one-half to go until Uncle Sam starts putting a bit of $ into my bank account for me. Here in NY if you retire from a State Job (teaching being one) you do not have to pay state income tax on your retirement. That helps big time as does having a lower gross income with other taxes. I am considering going back to work at school very part time... The nice thing about being retired is that you can pick and choose where and if you want to work. My oldest sister (late 60's) still teaches part time, is a Deacon in the Episcopal Church and preaches once a month along with other duties, and runs a boarding house for Foreign high School Students. My other sister is convinced that she is nuts and can't understand why she wants to work instead of traveling all over the world like she does..... (She also can't understand why I want to have a model railroad in my cellar instead of traveling all over the world too - "Well they have trains over there and you could ride on them!")

I'm just sitting here waiting for a phone call from the Vet about my geriatric Kitty Sheila.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top