Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Sam Vane Ere, O ARRRR

Afternoon Chip, Ray

It Be Our 10th Anniversary today, ten years LOL, it's gone by so fast, hope the remainder dosn't go as fast
 


Hi All ! Congratulations Steve ! My wife and I just celebrated our 34th this past weekend . It's been a wonderful time together !! Chip your right about those artificial sweetners. I've been a diabetic for 12 years and learned that natural sweetners mcuh better the manmade stuff ! Going to get some work done so take care all!
 
Congrats Steve and Ken and Paul!!

Now that I've found the girl to be with I hope we have many years together too!!
the plan is to marry on the 8th December this year in our garden.

Ken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, STEVE and KEN (and of course the wives;) )

I've been busy installing dwarfs at my mainline turnouts. I would like to blame the guests for running against the T.O's., but I probably do it more than any. All the dwarfs will do is indicate straight or diverging route. Nothing fancy, just working off the Tortoise. The dwarfs are handmade using a small block of balsa with a 3mm led stuck in it and a small cardstock hood. I like to use the 3 lead bi-led's to get 3 colors. That way I can have only one type in stock, but handle red/green and green/yellow combinations.

Larry: I have green spots in my yard:D :D . We have centipede grass and the areas where it has died will have to be raked clear of all the dead runners. Otherwise, the new runners (if/when we get some) will have a hard time gripping the ground. Naturally, summer is here:eek: with temps in the 90's and making yard work twice as difficult.
 
Rex The last time I was in Selma AL at my aunt and uncles I mowed their back yard because it had not been mowed in quite a while. We probably gotten a couple of bales hay for the local cattle it was so long. This was in August and hotter than hades. Her older brother, his wife and I mowed for about 3 hours and the yard is not that big but it was tall. My aunt thanked us and when I talked to her a month later she invited me back because the trim on her house needed painting. LOL LOL LOL needles to say I have not made it back yet but she did tell her son in-law painted the tirm so I can just come and visit.
 
Evening All: I finished cleaning the corrall today. Boy what a loot of poop. Tomorrow I have to do the creek crossing again. When I can get it done I'll haed over to the track and help Terry fix a couple of sun kinks that showed up on the back curve. That should take care of my model railroading for the day.
Congrats to Ken and Steve and there better halves. Mary Ann and I will be celabratiing our 38 in October. Time does fly when your having fun.
Well bed time. I'll see you all later.
Good Night All
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-07-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 


Good Mornin ! Bill & Ray , and a beautiful morning it is. Just gonna get out on the patio and enjoy a cup of coffee before getting some yard work done. Ken congrats. on your upcoming marriage . hope you and your partner have many wonderful years together. Take care all !
 
The last time I was in Selma AL ... I have not made it back yet but she did tell her son in-law painted the tirm so I can just come and visit.

Larry;

Talk about a small world!!! I was born and raised in Selma!:D I still go there a couple a times a month to see my sister, who still lives there. Its only an hour drive or so from where I live now!

Think that you'll make it there this year? If so, let me know and maybe we can meet up!:D
 
Carey!

You are in my o'l stompin grounds!
You can get a tour of the JENKS shop if you request it before noon at the main office. Also they used to allow a pass to take pics down at the yard may not be allowed anymore but you can still get good pics from outside the yard and see the "hump" in operation as well as the diesel fuel racks and service center on the North end. (North East of the Jenks shop) Now for whatever reason if you are unable to get a tour or a pass dont sweat it....

Go to this street...when you leave the Jenks shop take a left which is Pike Ave then go to 365 (aka Broadway Ave) which veers to the left so stay in the left lane. The first street you will come up on is W 4th street follow that then take the first left again. Go straight all the way. this will put you between the Jenks Shop and the MOW tracks you will be in and on public right of way. If you right on to W 8th St you will continue through some backshop areas. I used to get some great pics in this area as well.

Let see what else...oh the best way to get to the hump yard...take 30 east to 40 east then to 161 south aka Jacksonville Hwy take a right on W Bethany Rd and run it down to the yard!


Also there is a nice Hobby shop called ONE TRACK MIND in Mabelvale. It's run by my o'l friend Mark Silverberg. It is next to the UP double main lines as well. Take I 30 west to Mabelvale exit, go south on Mabelvale Pike to Helm Drive and take a left this turns into Train Station Drive and follow it til you see the Depot! PM me I will have a message for you to give him.... :-) Here is his website...

http://www.arkansasweb.com/onetrackmind/


Be sure to stop over at the MoPac Union Station adjacent to Cantrell RD which is als La Harpe Rd (I recommend taking that from 67/70 which crosses the river from the Jenks shop) across from Dillards Home Office. Also if you are luck the LRW runs Alcos from Perry to LR in the merge right there in front of the Union Station there to get to the yard.

Well I could type more for ya...I lived there for 9 years ...how I miss that place so much. A lot of action! If you have a laptop and use google maps my directions will make better sense.

Have fun!
:D


OOOPS you already went and now not there...darn ....next time eh?

Carey did you see this post I did for ya???
 
Afternoon everyone,
Ken & Vicky Congratulations to you both on your anniversary
Paul And the same to you
Ken M wedding in December, i can't get my head round this summer winter thing, December to me is Brrrrrrrrrrrr but to you it's summertime :D

Anyway the Dragline i bought still has NOT come :mad: some DUMB A-- --LE may have posted it to the wrong person acording to the lady who owns the shop, she's ding her best to fix things but i have a bad feeling about this :(
 
REX Having just started the new job I do not think I will make it this year and also with my wife and I (well mostly Glendia) taking care of our grandson it is even less likely. Clint and Val (Coltons parents) are not scheduled to take off until Christmas week but I sure would like to, my aunt is 2 years older than I am but we have a real good time whenever we get together. I am looking forward to seeing the South again so maybe next year.
 
Evening Gang: I got the creek crossing done. It took most of the day but t's done. To say I'm aching a bit is an understatement. Even with a tractor with a front end loader it wore me out. Good thing I didn't have to use a shovel and wheel barrow. I guess I'm getting old.The weather guessers have rain in the forcast for tomorrow and into Saturday morning. I hope that it's not much.
No MRRing today. I got over to the track too late to help with anything. Lucky me.
Well I think that I'll head for the bed.
KenL: I'll give you a call soon. It's been too long with out a chat.
Good Night All
 
Thanx y'all, for the anniversary well-wishes! Congrats also to Steve and Buffalo-Paul, and to NZKen for your future wedding.

TX-Paul I'll be on the lookout for your call, I don't always have my cellphone with me when I'm at home.
 


Morning fellas!!! Boy it's been a busy week around here, classes starting up in the evenings this week. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top