Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank's Rex, i'm paying the price today though, feel like i just did a marathon, early to bed for me tonight.
didn't win the P&H face shovel Paul got outbid at last min, as is to be expected, you have to know your financial limit, it's easy to get carried away bidding for that special something.

Any of you Ex Navy guy's or anyone who can swim might like to try this

;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Steve I'm sorry that you lost the shovel. What did it go for?
Not much going on tonight. Mary Ann and I are watching Schrek. Last night I got down to the basement and did a little on the Sunday Lake mine. After I glued the rettaining wall on to the base I took it and the Cliffs shaft mine over to the layout and did some figuring on how and where to set them. Mine complexes take alot of room.
Well I'm going to concentrate on the movie so I'll say good night all.
 
Steve I'm sorry that you lost the shovel. What did it go for?
Not much going on tonight. Mary Ann and I are watching Schrek. Last night I got down to the basement and did a little on the Sunday Lake mine. After I glued the rettaining wall on to the base I took it and the Cliffs shaft mine over to the layout and did some figuring on how and where to set them. Mine complexes take alot of room.
Well I'm going to concentrate on the movie so I'll say good night all.
You know Paul, I'm still waiting to see some pictures!
 


Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-04-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning All

I guess this will be a "Pick on Steve" day, though I was sorry to here about the Shovel going to someone else. Saying that one of my "projects" when I go back to work Wednesday will be assembling a Steam Shovel kit. I've seen the completed model at the LHS and I have to say it is a great and excellent looking kit once done.

As for the "Psycho's" in the video, we have'm here! I use to be an active member of the Maritime Ship Modellers Guild (Before I rekindled the train thing) Anyway we use to operate our 1 Metre saibouts and R/C boats down at the local Duck pond. "These guys" Show up and start shooting up the place. Not at us but the local wild life (Ducks and Geese) They almost got us all banished. They are now out in the woods somewhere as there is a city ordanance prohibiting air rifles and such to be fired in city limits.

Steve: Interesting thing about the fence as the rule here is "good side out". In other words you can't give your neighbours the "Rustic Look".

Anyway All Today is clean up day as the garden is all but planted and does look very good. so I have a mess around the rest of the house to deal with.

Later All
Fergie
 
Morning everyone, had a really great train show this past weekend locally. Lots of vendors and some ver nice setups. I managed to pickup a very nice rivarossi cab forward for a heck of a deal, I guess it is true what my grandpa said "It's not what you know, it's who ya know." I took some pictures of it and I'll try to get them loaded tonight. Well back to the work week grind.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Fergie!

Mornin' NickB!

I have been slowly working on some buildings (Walthers Modulars) that will become the "City" Business District at Hopewell Junction. Actually the whole area is a drop in so that I will be able to remove it to get to the back part of the layout in the old room. I had hoped to get a couple of photos for the WPF thread but it got late and the camera was upstairs......

I have to get over to school to set up sound for a concert Thursday. See you later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Bill , Fergie , NickB & Ray . We finally got our downpour last night about 3/4 of an inch if my container is accurate. It is nice out now it cut the humidity and cooled down a bit . My daughter and her boyfriend arrived early this morning from their cross country journey save and aound. Got to get over to their new apartment to help them unload the truck so will be off to their place . Haaave a real nice day all !
 
Afternoon all,
Paul the shovel went for about $13 over my budget, like i said i stick to a figure, if it goes over i back down,,, or face the wrath of the CFO.

Dad just called, while he's been away at his caravan somebody has been in the back yard moving stuff including a big ornamental bird bath which was pulled to the gate ready to steal, today he overheard the builders next door saying we can't take it now, he's taken it away,,, thieving ******, i have a plan to sort them out Mmmm:mad:

gotta go eat, home made burgers are ready
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had an 911 call at 3:45 this morning. Here's a copy of my report.

Monday, June 04, 2007. 911 called out Sundown Fire Dept for a transformer fire at Norm's RV Park on Hwy 171, north of Leesville. Safety Officer (Sundown 3) went to station (station 23) and readied all vehicles (Sundown pumper 1 and tanker 3). Sundown Sub-station (station 23A) (Empire Point pumper 1) prepared for action. Asst Chief went to scene to access the situation and declared said situation code 4 (under control). The call-out was 10-22'd (cancelled) after 15 minutes.

Jeffrey Wimberly, SD3, Safety Officer, SVFD.
 


Got to watch those transformer fires, they can go bang in a big way spraying boiling oil, not nice.
This was one a couple of years ago at a friends place on an RAF camp, we had a very fast turnout from the airfield crash tender (Alvis Unipower 4x4) followed by Linconshire and Cambridgshire fire service vehicles
Alvis howling down the road
P5290008.jpg

P5290009.jpg

P5290015.jpg

P5290016.jpg
 
Steve what was your budget? I'm just curious as to what some one would pay for it.
Nothing on the MRR front tonight. I did get some more reasearch done yesterday on the mine sites that I'm interested in.
It's movie time here so I'll say Good Night
 
Josh I almost forgot about you. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. One of these days I'll set down and work on it. Just when one of these days gets here I don't know. I need to get my computer friend to give me a hand.
 
Josh I almost forgot about you. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. One of these days I'll set down and work on it. Just when one of these days gets here I don't know. I need to get my computer friend to give me a hand.
Sweet, I wanna see them there trains, every time I hear about them I makes me think about home. I noticed BLI has two LS&I C30-7's coming out, might have to get one.
 
Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/5/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph W

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

bacon.jpg
 
Hi gang,

Just gettin' back from the Wilderness (3 days @ the beach - no internet).

Steve - sorry to hear you didn't get that shovel. But like you said, probably better to stay within your budget. Thats why I decided to learn scratchbuilding, the [non-train] stuff I like just isn't easily available. [Hmmm...maybe you could contract "Dragon River Patrick" to build something similar for you?

TX Paul - You've aroused my curiosity: What train pics are you fixin' to post - layout or 7-inchers?

Rex - glad to hear you 'Bama guys finally got some rain.
 
Afternoon Ken & Josh nice and hot here, just done BBQ chicken, VERY tasty stuff,
I got a plan Ken,,, in the meantime i got some more Volvo dumpers to fill the gap
 
Hi gang,



Rex - glad to hear you 'Bama guys finally got some rain.

Rain! Rex got rain??????:eek:

As the crow flies I about 45mi from Rex, generally downstream by the wind/storm flow. Usually what he gets, I get. Not this time!:mad:

We still haven't had any for over 2 1/2 weeks and the weathermen say it could be another week before we get any.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top