Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! That thing just did not want to start for anything, it reminded me of the old ALCO PA's that would come through town roaring and chugging and belching thick black smoke. They were so bad they were labelled as "Honorary steam locomotives".
 
WOW! That thing just did not want to start for anything, it reminded me of the old ALCO PA's that would come through town roaring and chugging and belching thick black smoke. They were so bad they were labelled as "Honorary steam locomotives".

I remember ~15 years ago, MR had a model photography contest where the theme was: "Those smokin' diesels". I wasn't subscribiing at the time, so I never got to see who/what the winner was. Anybody here remember that?
 


With those old Elglish Electric diesels you have to let them tick over untill they warm up, reving them to soon causes fireworks and flames, very exciting to watch but also very bad for the train, this one is a very nasty one compared to others of it's class.

just started to lay track for the new yard, picks later, Now we are off the the summer school fair
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-19-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/19/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

steakandeggs.jpg
 
How about this,

A 400 pound gorilla escaped from its enclosure and ran amok in a Netherlands zoo, injuring several people.

The animal bit one woman, dragged her around, and caused scenes of panic among dozens of families before being subdued, zoo officials said.
 
Mornin Bill , Jeffrey & Steve ! Another nice day on the Niagara Frontier , Boy 400 pound gorilla running around thats got to be nasty . Hope everyone has a nice kinda day !!!
 
Mornin' Fellas, Jeff, Steve, Paul.

Even with the price of gas being what it is,

Gas.jpg


I went over to Tuscaloosa and spent the day with Rex. Man, we had a grand ole time!:D

We worked some on the layout, putting down some new track at Providence, and Rex installed two new switch machines. After this we had a op session and just all in all an extremely enjoyable day!:D

I'm really looking forward to next time!:D
 


Afternoon Carey, Rex
glad ya'll had a great time at Rex's, sounds like a fun day, could do with some fun at present. The tickets came today for the steam hauled trip up Cumbria on the 28th, looking forward to that one, back to the garage for more work now.
 
I know what you mean about the price of gas. I went to get gas yesterday. When I saw that price $3.11 per gallon for regular I said "What the *!" (* starts with f and contains 4 letters).
 
I know what you mean about the price of gas. I went to get gas yesterday. When I saw that price $3.11 per gallon for regular I said "What the *!" (* starts with f and contains 4 letters).
Humm, thats was a year ago here in Cali. We're lucky to get below $3.30 for the cheapest gas. You know whats sad? I work for fuels on an airfield, and "MMR" (unleaded gasoline), costs the government $2.51 a gallon as of the 1st of Jan (6 month pricing). JET FUEL (JP5) costs $2.22!
 
Mornin Bill and Steve I had thought about gong to INDY today to watch bump day at the Speedway but looked out and sen that the lawn is getting close to have to be baled so I guess it is to the mower I go. Also I should finish the yard shed redo. Emptied the shed last tues and swept and throughly cleaned it up. I actually found stuff that I knew I had but do not know where I had stashed it plus we bought a new small tiller that Glendia can use and she wants me to get it out of her garage. She said she is tired of moving it to get to the freezer and yard Chemical cabinet. So off to church and then out to the yard and shed. Have a great day everyone I am going to have a fantastic day myownself,
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/20/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23


Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph E

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 60 Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Light and variable winds.

Being that it's Sunday, the breakfast bar is open.

breakfastbar.jpg
 
Good Morning Steve , Bill , Larry & Jeffrey ! A bit overcast here today but next week promises temps. up in the 80s . After a day of worship will try and get somethings done around the home. Take care and have a real good day !
 
Morning fellow clubbers,

Not much model rr news to report - I spent most of Saturday replacing the pump on the pool filtration system. I've installed the last of the decoders I had lying around and don't have much 'disposable' income at the moment, so I guess track cleaning is my only option.


Speaking of gas prices, it's gotten to the point [around here] that the gas stations that used to always have lower prices (~.15/gallon cheaper) don't anymore. So I take care of whatever business at my destination, then I go back a few hours later and see the price has risen another .05/gallon at the first place! Interesting times, these...

Have a great day everyone!
 


Well it's been 18 years for me an Lisa as of today. The secret is knowing when to (or when not to) disapear to the basement, though I don't always get it right.

Musquodoboit 501 is finally on the tracks but suffering from a couple of minor hiccups. 502 is still sidelined due to a faulty decoder. As 501 has a medium weight Tsunami I'd rather put in another Medium in 502 as opposed to a "heavy". Any thoughts? I suspect I'll land up putting in the heavys(~sigh)


Yes the rains have come... and stayed. We were suppose to head to the Annapolis Valley today but it's raining and who needs that! Was hoping to get to Blomidon Nursery but I'm not driving in this nonesense especially on the 101. Yesterday saw 1.5 inches of rain fall from the heavens.

As for gas prices well we're looking at $1.21 a litre x 4.55= $5.50/imp. gallon and $1.21x 3.785 = $4.58 US liquid gallon. Kinda makes ya cry. Maybe it's the Oil companies making us cut back and reduce carbon emmissions.

On that note I best be off

Later All
Fergie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top