Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch Ken! Hey, I know the feeling. I tripped over my ShopVac in same kind of lighting conditions. When I tried to recover, I came up into the "duckunder" with my neck bone. Even though it darn near knocked me out, I was more concerned about the track above. Glad the loco truck was dislocated and not your shoulder.;) :D Ahhhh! Advil.
 
Hey Ken, hope the advil works and you feel better. Also, glad that loco isn't permanently damaged.

My prayers for Tornado Victims in Greensburg. That was one big monster!
 
I tripped over something and crashed onto one side of the test track sub-surface. Hope I learned something from this incident...:rolleyes:
Probably the same thing I learned when it happened to me, only I crashed into a very solid plywood layout top on a rock solid bench made with 2 x 4's, OUCH! I learned to watch where I'm putting my big feet.
:)
 


Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-08-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Morning everyone, well it seems like it's been a constant down pour here in Oklahoma, man all the lakes and ponds that were low aren't anymore. Hope everyone has a great day.
 
Hey Nick, Hows it going man? Send some of that rain our way why don't ya! Its so dry here I thought I saw a camel on the interstate yesterday!
 
Morning Gents,

Beautiful day here. I put my garden on top of the hill where I live. Good sun. The driveway and my compost pile are substantially lower and even with my drive way. This weekend, I hauled the compost, some topsoil and 16 bags of cow manure up the hill and spread it on the garden.

I feel every muscle in my body. I feel like such a wimp.

Right now my wife is chasing me around the house with scissors. I guess I'm going to get a haircut whether I like it or not.
 
Hey Carey it's going great, how are you doing?? I wish I could send you some of the rain, I've been needing to move the yard but can't really mow when it's this wet.
 
Good Morning gents ! We're eonjoying another beautiful day here also . No rain in over a week . Ken L I know how you feel. I was cleaning out ym garage and we had a giant canvas picture of a friends who was storing it in there. Well I tripped and crashed into it but for some miracle it didn't rip. I 'm thinking as I falling there goes a few hundred bucks. Oh well gonna get going to do more yard work . Have a great day everyone !
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Nick!

Mornin' CJ!

Mornin' Mouse!

Yesterday was one of those great days to be alive. It was the day that the local Martin Luther King Committee interviews local seniors for our scholarship program. Fun is giving out $6500 worth of scholarships to very deserving young men and women. We had 6 applicants for the scholarships and each came away with one. What a great group! Four young men and two young ladies of color. Each had a poise, grace, and charm that was wonderful to see as well as very good dream for how they want to make this a better world for all people and what they plan to do with their lives. Most are High Honor Roll students and one is a member of the National Honor Society. Several are fine athletes that have won many honors for their teamwork and sportsmanship. A couple are our very best musicians at the High School. Makes me feel proud to have taught most of them when they were little elementary students years ago..... (also makes me feel old).
 


Morning gang,

Shoulder's doing better, thanx for the well-wishes.

Finally finished installing the decoder in my SW9 and I've gotta say, I rank this among Life's Most Unpleasant experiences. Mostly because of the lights, esp. the one at the top of the cab. Also my command station (or throttle?) was acting weird a few times when I went to test the loco, about drove me nuts!

Carey - better keep a sharp lookout on those camels, next thing you know there'll also be terrorist training camps sprouting up!:p
 
Good
...Mornin' Bill!
...Mornin' Nick!
...Mornin' CJ!
...Mornin' Mouse!
...Mornin' Ray!
...Mornin' ...visitors!
...Mornin' Ken!

:eek: I have a new plan :eek: for the coalmine/Providence area. That's right fellows, I am doing it again...tearing up and putting down. This is another area that was fine for the original plan, but after getting a better idea of MR and going to Operations, just needs a better design for more activity. Fortunately, this area doesn't have any scenery in place yet, just track. No, I haven't finished the Steel Mill, but most of it will be scenery type stuff and it and other areas will be done during the summer months. Ain't it fun!:)

Nick, I don't know about CJ's camels, but the fish are growing legs.:D

Chip, I know the feeling quite well. I get so aggravated with myself being out of shape. With a yearly physical coming up next month, I need to hit the treadmill and back-away from the table...far away:D .

Ray, isn't it a wonderful feeling to actually see that we accomplished something good before we retired. All my students were adults, but to see them get pay raises and better jobs because of my training program is always gratifying.

Paul, have a very good day in the outdoors.

CJ, see you in the morn'.

Ken, they would feel right at home as we turn into a desert.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all, late home today, we had some racking with truck springs collapse making a nice big mess and a nice BIG bunch of paperwork.

Chip What you should have done was walk the cow up the garden to offload it's,,, erm manure, dammed easier than carrying it up in bags;) Happy haircut:p

Carey CAMELS,,,no water,,, have you been drinking salt water, that causes the brain to halucinate:p
 
Carey CAMELS,,,no water,,, have you been drinking salt water, that causes the brain to halucinate:p

Nope, Steve, Just that we're "supposed" to be in our "monsoon" season here and so far I think the count is we're down about 15" or more in rainfall. The past several storm systems that have come thru Central Alabama, (CA for the non-southerners in our group) have split just west of Rex's and went north and south of me. :( Its so bad here I no longer got a front lawn, I got Cacti! Not only that, my Kudzu is turning brown from lack of water! Oh...wait...I shouldn't complain about that!:p

I've calculated that in 3 yrs, 10 months and 26 days, my house will be a mound located under a pile of that stuff. Wonder if I'm covered, (by insurance) for that. :eek::p (Lousy pun... I know)
 
Carey,

You shouldn't dis Kudzu. Kudzu is further evidence that God places the cure for every malady right where it is needed most and in sufficient quantities.

In case you didn't know, the herbal use for Kudzu is easing the detox reactions of recovering alcoholics.
 
Carey,

You shouldn't dis Kudzu. Kudzu is further evidence that God places the cure for every malady right where it is needed most and in sufficient quantities.

In case you didn't know, the herbal use for Kudzu is easing the detox reactions of recovering alcoholics.

Really, I didn't know it grew that well in Southwestern, PA.......... LOL Hmm maybe them Moonshiners there use it to fuel the fires on the stilles. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

That stuff is now growing on Long Island in NYS...........
 
Really, I didn't know it grew that well in Southwestern, PA.......... LOL Hmm maybe them Moonshiners there use it to fuel the fires on the stilles. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

That stuff is now growing on Long Island in NYS...........

If the above rules apply, we need it here---badly. I've not seen it though.

I did find som poison ivy though--not the plant--the blisters on my hand.
 
Evening All: I haven't been able to get any HO type MRRing done lately. There is just too much to do outside. We spent the weekend working on my friends 7.5 inch gauge track. He is having a meet the middle of June and there is alot to get done. I have been working a bit on my 7.5 SW-7. I took the engine off and had it tuned up and now I've taken off the transmission and battery. I'm gong to have to repaint the frame because there is some rust on the deck.
KenL: The last time I took a toumble like that I tore my right rotator cuff. That was a trip to the surgery and a pin and a screw. Good to hear that you are all right.
Carry: We used to have some cudsu along the creek here. I haven't seen it lately.
Well I'd better get going. There are a T-storm and tornado warning going.
Good Night All
 


A somewhat special message

Evening all. Good to see so many in here tonight. Guys,I have a special bit of news,tomorrow,Weds,May-9,is my 40th Birthday.That's right,I turn the big FOUR-OH.:eek:. I at first thought,whoa,forty?NO WAY!:rolleyes: .,but here it is. So,would you please join me in celebrating this milestone in my life? Thanks,everyone. Take care,and may all signals be green.William.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top