Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Flo get Chip an extra cold beer from the cooler, nice one Chip

This is who were going with Kingfisher tours and there's a narrow gauge line at the station we go to, and a castle so it will be a great day out
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


04-27-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/27/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 58 Increasing clouds. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

Nothing for breakfast today. I have to go for my monthly physical this morning. It's also time for lab and blood work (every 3 months). I hope there's not very many needles.
 


Morning Bill and Jeffrey! Ahh another glorious Friday!! Nothing like having a nice weekend to work on projects!! Hope everyone has a good one.
 
Morning Gents

I just cut my grass and it's back--but it's raining, so I may get some work done on the layout.

Made some more changes to the Rock Ridge and Train City layout plan. I won't post it because the changes were mostly made to staging. IN th short term it will mean 2.5 the amount of staging track.

ON the SP Overland Route there were several tunnels and rather than have a really long tunnel unexposed, in the place where the hidden track is right next to the edge of the layout, I thought I would cut a hole in the fascia and model the tunnel. This will allow me to add a long siding which is an operational limitation as it stands.

In the short therm, this siding can also serve as staging as needed. In the long term, when basement sized ops sessions are being held, it will serve as a much needed spot for train meets for longer double and triple headed trains.
 
Mornin' Mouse!

Mornin" Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

That green stuff is starting to get high outside my house. I may have to fire up the shortening machine and walk around in the rain today.......
 
Just got an e-mail telling me that my application for the Golden Spike Award has been approved and the certificate is on its way to me. YES!

Now on to the lawn ordeal......
 


great news Ray, copy it and show it to us will ya,

It's a cracker of a day today, blue sky, loads of sun,,, so i atacked the dark corner of the garden, what a mess, got two big bushes dug up, got the ground level, ordered two tons of stone chippings and laid the weedproof membrane, had a BBQ now it's time for bed,

that's all folk's
 
Hi All ! Another wet and windy day here , hope weather is better where you all live. Nothing else to report just hope that everyone has a super weekend !!!!
 
great news Ray, copy it and show it to us will ya,

I will do that as soon as it gets here (it is in the mail.....).


Ray won it, let's party
Ray won it, let's party
Ray won it, let's party
Ray won it, let's party

OK! Drinks on me guys! (Fergie, no, shrimp or Lobster doesn't qualify as a drink...:rolleyes: ;) )
 
No drinking for me yet, got ballast to shift round the back, i'll have a big glass of Ed's Fresh OJ though
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

This morning I made three more railroad crossings with my quick and easy shoe string and drywall compound technique.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/28/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 56°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Ham and eggs today please.

HAMEGGS.jpg
 
Good Morning ! Bill , Jeffrey & Steve, Jeffrey. that looks good with a nice cup of coffee. Another wet day here on the Niagara Frontier. Chance to get some work done inside. Take care all !!
 


Some really good stuff

:) :) :) I am rebuilding the mower deck for my Kubota. It is a Woods 348 mower deck, a real heavy duty deck. I tore it all apart and while I had it apart decided to do something to the underside. Every time I mowed and it was the least little damp I had a heck of a mess under it. So's I decided to paint it as it was very rusty. The paint I got is called POR-15. After the proper prep work it is supposed to make the rust and inert substance. The prep work was intense as I had to wire brush the devil out of it because it was so bad. It still was very nasty even after that step so I took one of my trusty body hammers and beat the liven daylights out of it and broke loose all heavy scaly stuff. I think the deck will only be half as heavy as before because I have one heck of a pile of scale. Then it was treated with a phosphoric acid wash, rinsed throughly with water and dried off. I let it stand overnight to make sure it was dried and just finished applying the paint. It is now black on the underside and ready for me to finish installing the new bearings and seals in the three spindles. I think I am about ready for the mowing season and I sure am ready for warm, even jot weather.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top