ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Afternoon all ! It's a real nice warm day in Buffalo 56 and a bit windy but who's complaining. Nothing much going on just some spring cleanup so gotta get back to work . Have a nice day !
Evening all, not a lot of news today except nan went home yesteday and she's doing very well so far, she's got plenty help off various people and is glad to get home.
Evening all, not a lot of news today except nan went home yesteday and she's doing very well so far, she's got plenty help off various people and is glad to get home.
Afternoon Ray it's our nan not Ken's Thanks for the thought's
I put some stuff on Ebay Sunday and the dumb questions are flooding in from buyers, one item has a "buy it now" price and some guy e-mailed me asking how much i wanted for it guess he's not the brightest light in the harbour
Wow Steve, a frontend loader dancing on two wheels - PRICELESS! Actually what that is, is slag that hardened in the pot (common occurrence); sometimes the steel mill will park a long string of slag pots at a blast furnace, and just wait for all of them to get filled even if the early ones cool and solidify. Especially when they have to run the train over the main line to a remote dump site.
Thanx for posting it, I'm sharing it with the guys on the Yahoo STEEL list.
I knew that..... Sorry Steve, It's been a very hectic and long day. Five hours of tedious work on a recording I'm doing and then five more at the High School figuring out sound for the spring musical. And this has been going on for 4 days....... Things should settle down a bit tomorrow, I hope.
Good morning all. Again a day with much sunshine and high temp.!! so : spring arrived!! Within 4/5 weeks the garden will look like the pictures I added...
It is going to be tough for me: chosing for gardening/ bonsai or working on/at the layout...
NickB
hoping to have the benchwork started on by this weekend.
Congretulations !! Did you make your mind up about what kind of plan/design you want? ( curious/wondering "what kind of" you decided to built Hope you don't mind...
Morning everyone! I'll share some pics of the layout design, Rex and CJ gave a lot of assistance and came up with some good sketches for a nice layout that can be broken down into modules, which is what I was needing. I did do a little negotiating with my wife on a little more room so this layout would fit. It also has the ability for whenever I move and have more room I can add modules of the end of it where one of the industries are.
Nick, nice simple plan. Well thought out. You can add operational complexity with staging at those points as well. Staging is a cheap addition compared to increasing the layout size.
Yea I was thinking about staging as well, I have something that I might experiment with that I saw on a German site. It is a stack of 4 or 5 boards high and has a 4-5 tracks on each board and a motor raises and lowers the boards for staging. I think I could come up with some simple servo motor that is indexed, probably use one of my microcontrollers to operate it. The cost is only going to be the bad thing that I can see.
True, I was planning on that. But I thought it would be fun if I could develop that multi-layer staging device for a lot cheaper than their 3000 euro price tag.
Afternoon All ! Love that dancing front end loader. I've been on some fork lifts that did a dancing act like that also. Nice rainy day here It's 51 and tomorrow it's going down into the thirties with wet snow gotta love early spring here. Hope all have a rela good day . Steve glad to hear tha Nan is doing better !!
afternoon all,
LOL my insides are singing a terrible tune today, maybe it was the 1/2 lb bar of chocolate i had earlier Ray are you SURE you are retired, you are one busy man Jos nice garden Jos, mine's a right mess compared to yours. Nick i like the plan, and you left a decent size of it for the town